• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Defcon App

KimPossible

Banned
Why don't you guys have this???

I don't want to use my phone's internet which all internet use on a phone is like a lost cause never works like it should and slow as hell.

I don't want to have to login to my computer everytime to read the DWS too... Plus most people for the majority of the day are away from a computer.

If you can't afford it I will pay for it as a donation. If you can't find someone to make the app I know several people who could build apps whom work for cheap.

or at least bare minimum have a app that just shows the Defcon level and alert you when it changes. I'd be happy with just that too.

or at least bare minimum have a app that just shows the Defcon level and alert you when it changes. I'd be happy with just that too.

We've had such an app in place for a very long time. I had it installed on my phone long before I was a member here. I don't remember the download link, but it's here somewhere.

You're talking about an app on the phone, right? One that just polls the DEFCON level?

We do have that, but it needs to be updated. It doesn't work for a lot of people now.

It's just a question of expense. But if you know someone who can put one together on the cheap (or free), that would be excellent!

well Google store where you download apps for phone it dose not shop the app isn't anywhere on google. If you say there is a phone app for the DWS I urge you to look for it. cause it's not there.

well Google store where you download apps for phone it dose not shop the app isn't anywhere on google. If you say there is a phone app for the DWS I urge you to look for it. cause it's not there.
Go to the main page, click on links and tools. You will find it there

It does not work on my phone, the widget is just a blank white square. Uninstall and reinstall still ditto.

The app should be on Play Store where you download apps on phone.

Though the PC/Computer app works fine.

Last edited:
Just installed the app on my Moto Force Z2. No Internet connection error. Worked fine on my Force Z. I'll tinker with it see if I can figure out what's going on with it, but my firewall says it's not even trying to connect to the outside world.

Just installed the app on my Moto Force Z2. No Internet connection error. Worked fine on my Force Z. I'll tinker with it see if I can figure out what's going on with it, but my firewall says it's not even trying to connect to the outside world.

I have not forgttten about this. Our advertising revenue has been terrible, what with no real crisis. What a terrible way to live. We make more money when the world is going down the toilet.... :(

I have not forgttten about this. Our advertising revenue has been terrible, what with no real crisis. What a terrible way to live. We make more money when the world is going down the toilet.... :(

No worries. I wasn't complaining; just wanted to provide information. I finally did get it working, although the widget only allows for a 2x2 icon instead of a 1x1. That kind of messed up the organization of my phone's home screen. Just for future reference.

We've had such an app in place for a very long time. I had it installed on my phone long before I was a member here. I don't remember the download link, but it's here somewhere.
An app for iOS? Can't find in the App Store