• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

FM station transmitting numbers

AirForceGuy

I'm in the US and a station near me, 91.9 has been transmitting numbers for the past few days, 168 dot 192 dot 0 dot 164 dot, for example. It then waits about two minutes and transmits another string of numbers. I know numbers stations transmit AM so is it some sort of error code?

Last edited:
It's either an IP address, or a one time pad, one way transmission . As an IP address, what you've listed goes nowhere because it's incomplete. It's probably a one time pad transmission. Where are you at?

It's either an IP address, or a one time pad, one way transmission . As an IP address, what you've listed goes nowhere because it's incomplete. It's probably a one time pad transmission. Where are you at?
Central Missouri. I'm not sure where in the state it transmits from.

Should start w 192. though right, so is obviously and basically (decoy basic?) coded

Russia has a radio frequency that does the same thing. Dead man switch?

That's very bizarre to hear that it's on the public FM bands. I've come across some numbers stations on shortwave in the past, particularly the infamous "Lincolnshire Poacher" and "Spanish Lady". I've never heard of a numbers station on FM before, though.

It’s entirely possible it was a message of some kind. Meant for a specific listener. I find it odd the 192.168 is out of order, but usually you can only access that kind of address on your own physical network, as your true IP is something unique. Every network uses 192.168.0.1
Odd.

Well it's not like anything important is in your state 😆. B-2s and bunkers from one end to the other out there.