• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

India Pakistan fire exchange spring and summer 2020

Does anything think that this clash over the LOC will ever end? Will a side ever completely gain control?

Does anything think that this clash over the LOC will ever end? Will a side ever completely gain control?

Frankly, I don't see this conflict ending without a big bloody war breaking out. Even if one side got control of the LOC, that would just be pushing the border back to a new area of conflict. The two nations are too ideologically and religiously opposed, so unless the political landscape were to change dramatically (which in of itself could be a cause of violence) they will always be at odds.

Frankly, I don't see this conflict ending without a big bloody war breaking out. Even if one side got control of the LOC, that would just be pushing the border back to a new area of conflict. The two nations are too ideologically and religiously opposed, so unless the political landscape were to change dramatically (which in of itself could be a cause of violence) they will always be at odds.

Not necessarily political but cultural and probably one of the oldest existing cultural conflicts in history. It’s several millennia of antagonism even predating the arrival of Islam.
These two people groups were fighting each other when China’s Middle Kingdom was still a mishmash of feudal warlords.

have any deaths been suffered from any of the clashes? if men on either side start getting killed, I reckon that'll be when this become seriously at risk of escalating.

Anyone else get the feeling that this increase in hostile rhetoric right as China is putting military pressure on India isn't a coincidence? At the very least, I get the impression that Pakistan is taking advantage of the situation in Sikkim to stir up shit in Kashmir in the hopes that India will buckle under the threat of a possible double-front conflict.