• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

USS Portland Fires Laser Weapon, Downs Drone in First At-Sea Test

Do you ever feel like the books; Brave New world, war of the worlds, 1984, buck Rodgers, terminator; are all beginning to sound like prophetic books.

Do you ever feel like the books; Brave New world, war of the worlds, 1984, buck Rodgers, terminator; are all beginning to sound like prophetic books.

Sci-Fi/Cyperpunk has that effect. Deus Ex was released in 2000 and predicted that the twin towers would be destroyed in a terrorist attack. And that game is a fun little ball of conspiracies.

Sci-Fi/Cyperpunk has that effect. Deus Ex was released in 2000 and predicted that the twin towers would be destroyed in a terrorist attack. And that game is a fun little ball of conspiracies.
Some call it predictive programming.
I don’t put much stock in the theory but the coincidences do seem to stand out sometimes.
I

Do we know how long it took for the laser to take down the drone. It seems like they played the video in slow motion right?

If that was in real time I feel like it could be much faster in taking down the plane. Granted even if it is slowed only took 5 secondish.

I only say this because computers/machines are fast and if the laser can take one down in a split of a second... then one laser gun would only be needed for one ship as it could take on 30 drones in 30 seconds.