• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Another ? Unknown seed deliveries

Obreid

Power Poster III
Seen this around last 12 hours, couple of different sources.
Washington and Virginia dept of Ag have commented on it. Their cautionary and investigating them.
Garden seed delivered by mail, not ordered, little info, delivered across the country.
No packaging info except Chinese writing and shipped from address.

Don’t plant them. They could be sterilizing or innoculated with a harmful fungus.
We don’t think much about funguses and food. But realize most plants do not or cannot grow to maturity without friendly funguses in the soil to help the nutrient uptake to the plants roots.
Almost all trees would die without friendly fungi in the soil with them.
Maybe just a fluke but curious and maybe note worthy with all that’s going on.

With a political entity like China, they could try anything to weaken their rivals, even really strange things like trying to spread invasive and harmful weeds. It's why you should look at anything coming from China, especially "gifts" or "charity", with extreme skepticism.

Again let me be clear this could absolutely be nothing. Just some half baked poorly executed promotional thing or shipping error. Or just a poorly researched news report.

Given the situation we’re in and the nature of asymmetrical war/attacks they might be sent with ill intent or simply to spread fear and conspiracy. Or it might, but doubtfully, be something else.

Don’t run with this like it’s a done deal.
But dont discount it if the story develops unfavorably.

Again let me be clear this could absolutely be nothing. Just some half baked poorly executed promotional thing or shipping error. Or just a poorly researched news report.

Given the situation we’re in and the nature of asymmetrical war/attacks they might be sent with ill intent or simply to spread fear and conspiracy. Or it might, but doubtfully, be something else.

Don’t run with this like it’s a done deal.
But dont discount it if the story develops unfavorably.

True enough. Remember that whole "Murder Hornets" scare that happened a few months back? That complete nothingburger that could be casually debunked by a popular nature youtuber?

Sadly these days, you need to look at basically everything with some skepticism, and wait for mutliple sources and confirmation. Caution is generally the best approach, but not mindless panic.

The day this forum started referencing Zero Hedge was the day the circus came to town. The massive Russian propaganda machine that has operated for many decades is definitely starting to have serious effect and is enjoying the real-time nature of the information age and the short attention spans of the people that come with it.

People see how unstable the world could become.... The seeds are being purchased by US citizens in preparation to be more self sufficient in the near future... I myself invested in seeds at the beginning of this year (the seed racks have been sparse at times over the last months). This movement probably wouldn't threaten the revenue of the likes of the big banks(they own the main supermarket chains) but it may one day if people start planting crops. Those seeds from China very likely are NOT!!! GMO and subject of patents as it were.

But no, I think the purpose of this article(campaign) is to further demonize China in the hearts of the US nation and create a sense of general distrust of state bodies ....we all know who the "enemy" is... I'm lookin' at you J.P. Morgan..... Citibank etc, etc. ... and don't second guess the perfectly good seeds you purchased from China on ebay ;) ....you bunch of gullible advanced monkeys...

What's more if the Chinese state wanted to cause damage to the agriculture of the US via this mechanism they wouldn't send a few dozen to a few clusters...what ever means one might use(supposing one wished to) they would get the job done without fail..... so no...this is all about creating hatred for an "enemy"...

For those of you who's only exposure to china and the Chinese culture has been through the racist eyes of cartoons from the 70's and 80's... most chinese are well aware of how Mao starved his people, they are wise to CCP's oppressive nature...the younger generation are basically westerners...but not hindered by the utterly oppressive and spiritually starved nature of mainstream religions... I'm not looking forward to "redemption" when nuclear war puts an end to story time with Yesheva, Moshiach, Mahdi, and Kalki, but I do see hope for humanity.

Last edited:
Sigh....
I was clear on the tentative nature of the report.

Multiple states and un-solicited, probably didn’t read the article to which I suppose you will now say you wouldn’t waste your time doing so, “zero-hedge” trope thing and all.
Your beginning to sound like a troll.
By the way the CCP doesn’t need help in demonizing itself it does a fine on its own.

Did a little more reading on this. There is one other possibility to these deliveries.
Several years ago packages were being delivered to addresses that were not ordered.
At that time it was believed they were confirmed delivery scams. Confirmed delivery orders where then being given fake positive reviews by the sellers.
Absolutely this could be a repeat of that. As said before, it was tentative.

Why was it necessary to take this on an attack of religious beliefs.
What and where was that relevant to anything in the post.
This was a simple post on a possible story no more no less.
You could have refuted it with facts or expressed a measured opinion response. Or ignored it.
Instead it was a full on mocking assault of everything but the when the suns rising in the morning.
I or my opinions have offended you in some way. If it will save the diatribe the next time you have my apology.

I was clear on the tentative nature of the report.
I was clear on the adamant nature of my opinion on the report.

Multiple states and un-solicited, probably didn’t read the article to which I suppose you will now say you wouldn’t waste your time doing so, “zero-hedge” trope thing and all.
Your beginning to sound like a troll.
By the way the CCP doesn’t need help in demonizing itself it does a fine on its own.

I certainly observed the article and found a "couple of other sources"... A US state body is "urging citizens" to not plant unsolicited seeds based on the reports it has received... Time can not be wasted(according to laws that govern this existence) and i would never make the claim you suggest. All events occur as a matter of reason, therefore i "Do" not... I will not attempt to label what it is you sound like but if i was to it wouldn't be with such a colloquially dynamic term, probably something with a more definitive meaning.... Trolls live under bridges and collect tolls from citizens right?... or is that governments? so confused... that is becoming a pretty common tactic though, "i can't argue against this persons logic, so I'll label them a troll and atleast secure the "vote" of those who dont have the means to understand the rationale or just couldn't be bothered reading the conversation" ....I should say I appreciate the article being referenced and posted here....these conversations are very important and warrant much attention.

full on mocking assault of everything but the when the suns rising in the morning.
(y)I really like this saying, honestly never heard it before, it's a good one... information is like cogs in some spectacular gear box, they are all related somehow