• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Iran Deploys Fake Aircraft Carrier

If Russia and China struggle to even have one remote aircraft carrier how in hell a piss poor country like Iran have capability for such things.

It's obviously a prop, a impressive prop but a prop is just that a prop. All the money put into the prop would of been better off spent into their nuclear or ballistic missile program.

Last edited:
It's for training purposes, providing a realistic target for Iranian naval and air forces to practice attacking an American aircraft carrier.

Well that makes a lot of sense. Still likely to be hallow inside.

Though to be real any naval ship weather aircraft carrier or battleship they are all just sitting ducks now a days with current military tech possessed by a lot of countries including Iran.

I once heard of a World War II veteran who worked with the military to build a fake airbase in Northern Africa to deceive the Germans. Toward the end of the project a single Messerschmitt flew over and dropped a wooden bomb! (Credit the Germans for displaying a sense of humor!) What makes the Iranians think they can fool anyone many years later with much more advanced technology!

Last edited:
Toward the end of the project a single Messerschmitt flew over and dropped a wooden bomb! (Credit the Germans for displaying a sense of humor!)

That actually is pretty funny!

What makes the Iranians think they can fool anyone many years later with much more advanced technology!

I think it was a combination of symbolism and giving their pilots a more realistic target to hit.

Unless the Iranians are monumentally stupid and really think that would fool anyone.

If Russia and China struggle to even have one remote aircraft carrier how in hell a piss poor country like Iran have capability for such things.

It's obviously a prop, a impressive prop but a prop is just that a prop. All the money put into the prop would of been better off spent into their nuclear or ballistic missile program.

They have been building that wooden toybox for years. What's comical is that they think they can get that close to a real US carrier lol. Looks like they are playing ring around the Rosie via Cigarette boats from the 80s. I bet it's still floating lmao. I can only see their faces when they realize this was nothing but a collosal waste of fuel, missiles and bullets. US Navy Seals are probably planning on having a huge cook out shortly if it drifts into international waters, Or we can just show them what Mark48 torpedoes can do to their redition of Noah's Ark for terrorists.

Here's a shot of the Iranian air force running drills on the mockup.
View attachment 1041
Iran has been scaring their neighbors lately with the missile attack on Iraq and the very successful attack on the Saudi oil refinery so while we can laugh all day at the Iranian Navy, the Army's missile programs are no laughing matter anymore. They can actually hit a base from a long ways out and that's pretty impressive, considering I had them just being a little better than Saddams Scuds.

Did you see Iran fire off a missile from underground? Hard to strike a target you don't know about.

They have missiles in underground silos??? Hardened???? How the hell did we miss that?????

Did you see Iran fire off a missile from underground? Hard to strike a target you don't know about.

I doubt that the Iranians have any targets that are unknown. The Israelis have had embedded special forces working there for years as janitors and such.

Iran plans on using swiftboats to get close.
US Carriers would have fighters airborne in that AO, that will make quick work of any go fast boats, let alone the Rolling airframe missiles and Vulcans they have for defense on the ship. A US Carrier controls the airspace around it to 125 miles out in a 360 degree circle. It's the Captains descression who he deems a threat. If Iran tried to send these go fast boats at one of our Carriers today, they would be quickly turned into splinters. Under Trump they know they have that permission.

Iran has a lot of ballistic missiles hidden in large tunnels underground that have openings in the top for firing. Sure by now we know where every opening is.

US Carriers would have fighters airborne in that AO, that will make quick work of any go fast boats, let alone the Rolling airframe missiles and Vulcans they have for defense on the ship.

It isn't going to be one or two swiftboats coming against them. It's going to be a fleet. No defending against that number.