• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

US will create new fleet in India Ocean

Thereby offering a permanent presence for any Pakistan/India, China/India, or Middle East conflict. Intriguing. Based out of Australia would be my guess.

Thereby offering a permanent presence for any Pakistan/India, China/India, or Middle East conflict. Intriguing. Based out of Australia would be my guess.
I hadn't immediately thought of that but it would be smart. I can see a future where it will be critical to strengthen strike capability between Australia, Guam and Japan.

Completely spitballing here.

Seems like future conflicts will be surrounding either A. securing resources; and/or B. defending said resources. Could this also be to defend vs. possible Antarctic resource grabs?

I hadn't immediately thought of that but it would be smart. I can see a future where it will be critical to strengthen strike capability between Australia, Guam and Japan.

Completely spitballing here.

Seems like future conflicts will be surrounding either A. securing resources; and/or B. defending said resources. Could this also be to defend vs. possible Antarctic resource grabs?
The Antarctica Treaty System bans any military activity south of the 60th parallel and preserves Antarctica as an international wildlife refuge and scientific study area. Besides that, weather conditions would make any attempt to extract resources more expensive than the resources would be worth. There might come a time where Antarctica becomes a crisis point for resources, especially fresh water, but I don't think we're there yet.