• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Will Biden bring healing? Nope.

Lighthope

Administrator
Biden has said he wants to bring healing to the nation.

Here is what is really going to happen come his inauguration:

Emboldened by recent events, the Democrats are going to completely lock the Republicans out of the government. Don't believe that is possible? Then you don't remember eight years ago when the Democrats did the exact same thing when they controlled the government. Remember Obamacare and how the Republicans weren't even allowed into the debate?

The Democrats are going to march through Washington with heads on pikes. You will see more censorship, especially in 2024 when we have to go through all this again. Except now the Big Media know they can get away with it.

Democrats are more comfortable with election fraud. They finally successfully stole a general election. They will only get better at it, especially with the media being so willing to help them.

This is just going to anger the Right more. Remember that line from Crimson Tide? "He's got a serious weed up his butt and a legitimate gripe." That is the problem. People can be quite passionate when they have a legitimate grievance. We're not talking about Left Wing Racists whining about racism. That's just hypocrisy. We're talking about a group who believe their voice is suppressed and feel they have nowhere else to turn.

So no, things aren't going to get better under Biden. They will get worse. Much worse. And then when Harris takes over...?

I was really hoping for some words of reconciliation or healing coming from Mr. Biden, however I have seen little of that. In fact the few things he has said publicly have been interpreted as being inflammatory by conservatives. There are surface level words of unification but no actual action taking place.

Frankly, the level of rhetoric in the United States has reached a level I have never seen before. The partisan divide seems to be a bottomless chasm and I don't see how it can be bridged at this point. I would be lying if I said I wasn't genuinely concerned for the future of the United States.

Whether or not Biden wants to bring healing or attempts any form of it is completely irrelevant. The people have to *want* that healing, and neither side is interested in it. I'm with CreepyMonkey on this. There is no bridging of the divide at this point, regardless of who is in office or what party they belong to. This country is doomed to tear itself apart and I don't think it can be stopped at this point.

Whether or not Biden wants to bring healing or attempts any form of it is completely irrelevant. The people have to *want* that healing, and neither side is interested in it. I'm with CreepyMonkey on this. There is no bridging of the divide at this point, regardless of who is in office or what party they belong to. This country is doomed to tear itself apart and I don't think it can be stopped at this point.
Agreed, from my perspective, based on observing people's mood (regular folks, not those who's in power) - no one is seem to be capable of deescalating or any reasoning with the opposite side, this is one of the most alarming signs. People have no breaks on them, once it's "started" - it will slow down only by inertia. They both realise how much is at stake - the most recent events even made the America's path of being a guide of freedom and democracy to be questioned by the whole world's community. People from my country (and probably many others too), who are political activists and oppositionists of current regimes, who oriented on America, now showing signs of disappointment in it.
Abraham Lincoln said that no country could destroy the United States. That, if destruction be our lot, we must be its authors and finishers.

The man was a prophet!
And as He said, once that path is lost - so will be the America. It is possible, that the greatest test that the US ever faced is ongoing now - Can it preserve it's values and itself?

Anybody ever read Conspiracy in Philadelphia? It's quite a read at 500 pages but definitely worth looking at if you can remain objective.

Moral relativism, or the idea that there is no universal or absolute set of moral principles is what has destroyed the culture.

We were supposed to be the great melting pot! Now we are at each others throats, conveniently divided by things that are outside the control of the individual.

Abraham Lincoln said that no country could destroy the United States. That, if destruction be our lot, we must be its authors and finishers.

The man was a prophet!
It comes from Lincoln's Lyceum Address - happens to be my favorite speech of his. (Lincolns is one of my childhood and ongoing hero's) - http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/lyceum.htm

"At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it?-- Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never!--All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest; with a Buonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years.

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

Great quote - it is taken out of the structure of the entire speech and so, doesn't have the same impact as it would if you read it within the context of his overall message. Personally, I find this quote from the speech very relevant to our present situation. It does indeed prove that Lincoln was a prescient man. A prophet of freedom and liberty in his own way.

"I know the American People are much attached to their Government;--I know they would suffer much for its sake;--I know they would endure evils long and patiently, before they would ever think of exchanging it for another. Yet, notwithstanding all this, if the laws be continually despised and disregarded, if their rights to be secure in their persons and property, are held by no better tenure than the caprice of a mob, the alienation of their affections from the Government is the natural consequence; and to that, sooner or later, it must come.

Here then, is one point at which danger may be expected."

It comes from Lincoln's Lyceum Address - happens to be my favorite speech of his. (Lincolns is one of my childhood and ongoing hero's) - http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/lyceum.htm

"At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it?-- Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never!--All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest; with a Buonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years.

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

Great quote - it is taken out of the structure of the entire speech and so, doesn't have the same impact as it would if you read it within the context of his overall message. Personally, I find this quote from the speech very relevant to our present situation. It does indeed prove that Lincoln was a prescient man. A prophet of freedom and liberty in his own way.

"I know the American People are much attached to their Government;--I know they would suffer much for its sake;--I know they would endure evils long and patiently, before they would ever think of exchanging it for another. Yet, notwithstanding all this, if the laws be continually despised and disregarded, if their rights to be secure in their persons and property, are held by no better tenure than the caprice of a mob, the alienation of their affections from the Government is the natural consequence; and to that, sooner or later, it must come.

Here then, is one point at which danger may be expected."
Wow, excellent quote. I am, with your pardon, going to barrow that from you and add to my repertoire

Biden has shown no evidence of the strength of leadership or the strength of character neccesary to steer the course of the nation from its current trajectory.
My personal opinion ONLY and NOT political in any way: Joe Biden would have made a livable peacetime president. He is not the choice for a broken and fractured nation that needs healing and help. I have no idea who would have been but it certainly isn't any of the candidates that we were offered. Maybe Tulsi Gabbard might have been able to effectively reach across the aisle...? No clue and frankly its all woulda coulda shoulda at this point.

It still comes down to this factor, as far as I'm concerned: The US has approximately 151 million people who meet the age requirement to be President of the United States, and out of those 151 million people, Joe Biden was the best candidate the DNC could give us?

Really???

Giant douche and turd sandwich.

I'll let you figure out which one is which.

What I'm honestly most concerned about is how the rest of the world will view the United States after the events at the Capitol. Will Biden be able to restore the United States' standing in international affairs after witnessing a violent insurrection in the "beacon of democracy"?

This should concern everyone, regardless of political beliefs. There's a chance that our adversaries might perceive our nation as being weak, and could miscalculate, starting a major war.

What I'm honestly most concerned about is how the rest of the world will view the United States after the events at the Capitol. Will Biden be able to restore the United States' standing in international affairs after witnessing a violent insurrection in the "beacon of democracy"?

This should concern everyone, regardless of political beliefs. There's a chance that our adversaries might perceive our nation as being weak, and could miscalculate, starting a major war.
exactly.

Just the first thing , we all need to realize :

Even if many parts of the world dont like it : USA is a mighty nation and without this one , the , at least western world would be in danger.

I´m pretty sure , the USA can avoid all the raising violence through their population , but it needs every side to reach it.

But instead focus on that , the Dems have nothing better to do , than another impeachment within 1 week of remaining Presidency and a full canceling of Donald Trump.

Trump is not the best President at all to be clear ..... but the dems wanted to do all better than him .... and instead of doing that , they try to spread more and more hate ... as much as possible and just try to begin everything more worse than him ....except Joe Biden .... hes basically afk.

in fact , the dems hated against Trump , even as he was running in 2016. So i see actually no reason , why trump is the only accountable to all negative events. The Dems spread hate over him since 5 years , now everything is his fault.

There are also people , who want to fire or jail those republicans , who didnt vote for another Impeachment. How is that a course of Democracy or any healing?

As Mike Pence declined 25th amendment , even people wanted him to jail or even more on twitter because of his terrorist support .. i mean ..... this just cant work , if they want to reunite.

In my opinion there is exactly one way left for a chance of peaceful reunion and otherwise , the big bang will come.... A meeting of Joe Biden and Donald Trump with an objective conversation and perhaps a new speaker (Pelosi is the most hateful person i´ve seen in the USA)

Also the fake , that Trump announced a violenced attack on Capitol ..... if even the democrats say that and not the normal population (Trump never called for an violenced attack) its just another spread of hate in the general tensed situation. But that happens .. if people add 1 or 2 words in spoken oder written statements , because they want to understand it like this.

To be honest and based on the Impeachment-Reason : If they are really objective at all , the successfull Impeach would fail on 2/3 but also need to fail on 50% , or even 25% because Trump didnt do that official. Much of that just happened because of Pelosis Hatespeech against Trump.

The successfull Impeach , even after 20th , would likely raise the Violence-Level of US because they also want to lock any possibility of Trump , to run again. But they always forget the fact , 74 Million Votes.

Would Pelosi say " Sorry " when Trump didnt use Nukes , to hold his Presidency? She hates Trump really deep inside her dark heart and aint shaming on those dramatic accusations but what if Trump just dont do that?

But hate from the " Good " Party is allowed .... i see real similarities to germany , where our conservative Party isnt allowed to say anything critical (sometimes its right , sometimes it needs to be criticized) but meanwhile , our self-announced "Good and democratic " Parties , calls arresting for all these members and voters or also for murder these politicans and voters or for a complete censorship on Media.

Voters of these partys also calls for let Ballots disappear or count them to their parties but still call themself "democratic "

So my point at the End : We shouldnt focus on search problems on just one side or just one person ... we should focus on general. no matter what ... left , right or whatever.

What i see very critical is the current silence of Joe Biden to all of this. as ongoing president he needs to speak more to ALL americans if he wants to bring peace.

But his only statement is like " i have nothing to do with it " and i guess , many americans wont hear such a low statement.

As a Leader hes actually not giving any strong feeling and this will made the USA attackable, inside and outside. Against Trump , many Enemys were at least feared ....he gives at least a strong and unwavering picture of him and his decisions. Not the best Leader at all , but could be a strong one in dangerous situations. Guess Biden cant.

Biden has the might , to calm the situation. Trump cant do .... everything he said is directly criticized and blamed ... even if he calls for peace and no violence. How ironic that just is ..... Trump can call for peace and still be a terrorist , because Pelosi and others says .....

So , i´ll hope Biden wont let his democrats govern him .... Biden should govern his Democrats , and the rest of the country.

Good Luck to you guys, stay safe

Greetings from Germany (Sorry for any English-Fails .... might be not perfect but i guess my point could be understood)