• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Advertisements

Grey Hound

You'r getting a bit extreme with your advertisements... I don't mind the ones in between the sections of text, but the whole page screen ones are getting annoying..

I don't mind the ones in between the sections of text, but the whole page screen ones are getting annoying..
We've actually cut down the number of ads.

Where are you seeing the whole screen one? Is that on the community forum? Yeah, that one bugs me too. We're waiting to complete our obligation to that supplier, then we are going to discontinue them.

If you are seeing full screen ads on the main site, let me know.

At first i was only getting it when i clicked the forum button. Then it was popping up when you clicked the forum button, and when you clicked the whats new button. This time it didn't pop up at all. hang on, ill bounce around for a bit and see if i can get it to come back up.

OK it seems a bit random. It pops up on the forum link, the whats new link, and the radiation reports link. eventually it stops for a while. If i clear my cache, it comes back. It does the same thing on multiple machines, so i doubt it's a virus. It seems like its a google ad, because it gives you the option to adjust your google ad settings, but the same ad pops up on the "ad choices" ads in between the articles and what not. (but it doesn't have the little blue triangle all the time)

I got this one when i clicked this topic.

Attachments

• 669057EB-C69D-4E9B-8C32-7CBC8050C216.png
    669057EB-C69D-4E9B-8C32-7CBC8050C216.png
    757.5 KB · Views: 0
It was full page. I get them on both my phone and my work computer. I have more, but there too large to upload.

It was full page. I get them on both my phone and my work computer. I have more, but there too large to upload.
I haven't seen those particular ads.

For Google, I don't know how to limit the types of ads. I'll look again and see if I can find a way to turn off those full page ones.