• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Chinese Warplanes Buzz Around Taiwan in Pincer Movement

I hate to say it, but lately if we were to post a thread every time China violated Taiwan's ADIZ this board would be clogged with nothing but that. If we report these, maybe it needs to be it's own thread named Taiwan/China March or something.
I have been suspicious that China is hoping to accomplish just that. Make this activity the new normal, so when they decide to do it fo real reaction time is slower.

Any nation pondering a major military front like this would need either to believe it’s adversaries are incredibly weak. Or they themselves are in a desperate situation and nothing to lose.
Diplomatic missteps have lead to a lot of wars so who knows.
US was too aggressive with Japanese sanctions before WW2 or we were to complacent in checking japans navy.

I agree that the PLA have been doing this a long time but what I find alarming is that Taiwan is not sending up fighters to challenge them all the time now. How many planes do you think it would take to take out Taiwan's air force caught on the ground? Here is a quote from a Newsweek article that got my attention.

"In a report this month, Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense said the country's pilots had flown 1,000 extra hours deterring PLA jets and spy planes last year.

Given the high cost to both manpower and hardware, the air force adjusted the way it responded to PLA incursions by withholding some interceptor jets and sending slower-moving reconnaissance aircraft instead."

When it becomes so common place that they aren't even challenged properly, that would be the time to strike it seems to me. Especially with Nato distracted with what's going on in Europe.

I agree that the PLA have been doing this a long time but what I find alarming is that Taiwan is not sending up fighters to challenge them all the time now. How many planes do you think it would take to take out Taiwan's air force caught on the ground? Here is a quote from a Newsweek article that got my attention.

"In a report this month, Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense said the country's pilots had flown 1,000 extra hours deterring PLA jets and spy planes last year.

Given the high cost to both manpower and hardware, the air force adjusted the way it responded to PLA incursions by withholding some interceptor jets and sending slower-moving reconnaissance aircraft instead."

When it becomes so common place that they aren't even challenged properly, that would be the time to strike it seems to me. Especially with Nato distracted with what's going on in Europe.
I agree with you. That’s why it deserves its own thread where we can post more stories and incident.