• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Three Russian submarines surface and break Arctic ice during drills

This is why Russia is showing itself more and more aggressive, they have developed a powerful strike force. Imagine a China-Russia axis against USA Nato. To scare!

True, but imagine US, UK, France, Canada, Japan , Germany, India, Australia and others responding, so don't be to nervous, I think we can hold our own.
Well, of those countries you mentioned, only four are nuclear powers. Of those four, one borders China and would be risking a "three-front" war if they engaged with the US. Of the remaining three, only one has enough nuclear firepower to stand toe-to-toe against both Russia and China.

As for the non-nuclear countries you mentioned, none of them have the conventional firepower to stand up against the conventional firepower of China and Russia.

Overconfidence is a deadly sin in warfare.

Well, of those countries you mentioned, only four are nuclear powers. Of those four, one borders China and would be risking a "three-front" war if they engaged with the US. Of the remaining three, only one has enough nuclear firepower to stand toe-to-toe against both Russia and China.

As for the non-nuclear countries you mentioned, none of them have the conventional firepower to stand up against the conventional firepower of China and Russia.

Yes and no. But don't want to get into it. Wish you could like and dislike somthing at same time.

Yes and no. But don't want to get into it. Wish you could like and dislike somthing at same time.
LOL. Just find an icon, emoji, or small image on the net that symbolizes that and post it as an attached image to your reply. I think that would be hilarious. Not even sure how I'd respond to it...

I am insanely baffled, amazed, and thankful everyday that we haven’t blown the earth up (accidental or otherwise) yet. Human error alone, I do not understand how any of us are still here! And everyone is building more and more and more! Seriously, I don’t get it. Seems to me that the end result is any second of any day upon us. And it will be a chain reaction. Can any life survive such magnitude? I’m sorry to go there in this thread, but this nuclear world is out of control and I’m finding it harder and harder to find some sense in it

I am insanely baffled, amazed, and thankful everyday that we haven’t blown the earth up (accidental or otherwise) yet. Human error alone, I do not understand how any of us are still here! And everyone is building more and more and more! Seriously, I don’t get it. Seems to me that the end result is any second of any day upon us. And it will be a chain reaction. Can any life survive such magnitude? I’m sorry to go there in this thread, but this nuclear world is out of control and I’m finding it harder and harder to find some sense in it
If the aliens exist, want to know nothing about us, for all these reasons!

Q, I wasn’t even going to entertain your response, but feel I should in case there are other aliens on here too.
I am VERY interested in the topics of this site. I spend most painful, sleepless nights reading and researching world news, etc. The point of my last post is that it seems everyone is building more and more nuclear weapons. And none of us know the half of it. I feel that some of the latest events(Russia, etc. etc.) are game changers, or life changers. And the slightest friction (accidental or otherwise) will be the end. The more made, the greater the chance. And the harder to pinpoint the Who, what, and where. These are fragile times for so many reasons and our world is already broken.We need to know what’s going on. But if it doesn’t scare the s#?! out of you, then you either aren’t paying attention enough or are afraid to be honest.
I say this with the utmost respect for this site and the people of it.

The more made, the greater the chance.
I agree with you here. And it is Iran and North Korea that are the really scary ones. Russia doesn't want nuclear war. North Korea, on the other hand, is willing to die and Iran wants their 12th Inman to come (though I suspect the Ayatollah is not himself we willing to die for thecause).

But there is the problem. Nukes are getting into the hands of those who are actually willing to use them.

I think India would do ok conventionally against China and Germany and France would do ok against Russia, the UK would also probably join them also. The US could just sit back on a low defcon alert to make sure it stays conventional. I agree that overconfidence is deadly and dangerous though and if what we're talking about ever came to fruition millions if not billions would die in a full scale nuclear exchange.

LOL. Just find an icon, emoji, or small image on the net that symbolizes that and post it as an attached image to your reply. I think that would be hilarious. Not even sure how I'd respond to it...
yay_boo.jpg

Is how I feel about a lot being said in this Thread.

I am on vacation on the beach in Flordia. Next week my new label a beach bum and have no intentions on stressing my brain out. :) Otherwise I'd have a few comments for people.

Cheers! Hope I get to see a Russian sub pop out in the distance (plan on boating too), would be epic to see.

Last edited:
Nice!

I agree with you here. And it is Iran and North Korea that are the really scary ones. Russia doesn't want nuclear war. North Korea, on the other hand, is willing to die and Iran wants their 12th Inman to come (though I suspect the Ayatollah is not himself we willing to die for thecause).

But there is the problem. Nukes are getting into the hands of those who are actually willing to use them.
Hiroshima: 95,000 to 166,000 dead
Nagasaki: 60,000 to 80,000 dead
Total: 155,000 to 250,000 dead

Several historians agree that it was not necessary to end the war.

Only the United States, to date, has used atomic weapons against civilians.

Hiroshima: 95,000 to 166,000 dead
Nagasaki: 60,000 to 80,000 dead
Total: 155,000 to 250,000 dead

Several historians agree that it was not necessary to end the war.
No, it was not necessary to end the war. The war would have ended eventually.

The problem was, Japan was not going to surrender. People who think it was are delusional. The military wasn't going to allow it, despite what the Emperor wanted.

And an invasion had projections of 6 to 14 million casualties.

Nuking Japan was bad, but it was the least horrible of the horrible alternatives.

The difference, and this is where we get back on track to this thread, is that North Korea and Iran are not looking at nukes to end terrible wars or keep the body count down. They are willing to use nukes to blackmail the world (NK) or to eliminate a race (Iran).

so, burning all this children and women alive was least horrible? you even know what your saying? and then again, your american, world got used to it.

Edit by Moderator: Denigrating someone due to their nationality is against this forum's TOS. Don't make personal attacks on other forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was not only bad but also genocide at the civilians in Japan. A war crimes.
Likewise Hamburg / Dresden and so on.
The discharge of the a bomb over an uninhabited island to demonstrate the destruction would have had the same effect.
my opinion

Do you think if the roles were reversed the axis powers would have not nuked NY or LA? My father was a Marine in the Pacific and I probably would not be here if he had to be in the invasion of Japan.