• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Ukraine May 2021

This is why I hope we never get rid of nuclear weapons. I would rather see my country destroyed than to have even a slightest chance of my country falling to Russian/Chinese hands. Again rather die free in America than to live under a foreign invader. As fucked as that sounds, but as soon as I lose my American freedoms and my land I am done, rather not live to see it, so thank god for nuclear weapons.
Your already losing many of your American freedoms. It’s slow but it’s happening.

Your already losing many of your American freedoms. It’s slow but it’s happening.
Regardless of what many may think, this is still the freest country in the world. I have seen many local, regional, and national laws in other countries. We have it MADE in regards to our freedom. Yes our privacy is being invaded, but we still have more freedom than any other country. Sadly you cannot run a modern society based off of 100% privacy.

There is A REASON WHY we catch terrorist very quickly after a event in America or Europe.

c) Nuclear blackmail. If Ukraine can sneak enough bombs into Russia, they have a shot. Would Russia really be willing to give up St. Petersberg for Sevastopol?
Um... When did Ukraine obtain nuclear weapons? Did I miss a memo?

Regardless of what many may think, this is still the freest country in the world. I have seen many local, regional, and national laws in other countries. We have it MADE in regards to our freedom. Yes our privacy is being invaded, but we still have more freedom than any other country. Sadly you cannot run a modern society based off of 100% privacy.

There is A REASON WHY we catch terrorist very quickly after a event in America or Europe.
I agree it is one of the freest countries to live.
As far as privacy and terrorist go I’ll take the risk for privacy.
Don’t believe the bubble speak that we have to do what’s necessary to guarantee security.
How much freedom is a person willing to sacrifice for safety.
and if you haven’t noticed the definition of a terrorist is a changing quickly in America.
I respect and am thankful for your service to the country but what is the cost? It’s a slippery slope

But alas that is one of the things that will bring about the change that will make us just like all those other countries.

Modern Russian electronic warfare systems which were spotted in the temporarily occupied territories of the Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts of Ukraine have repeatedly been in the focus of OSINT investigations by InformNapalm volunteer intelligence community, as well as featured in the OSCE SMM reports.
On May 29, 2021, the Russian RB-636 Svet-KU system was again photographed by the OSCE. This time, a long-range UAV of the SMM spotted the vehicle near the occupied city of Novoazovsk (Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine). It was mentioned in the text part of the OSCE SMM report No. 125/2021 of June 6, 2020.

Modern Russian electronic warfare systems which were spotted in the temporarily occupied territories of the Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts of Ukraine have repeatedly been in the focus of OSINT investigations by InformNapalm volunteer intelligence community, as well as featured in the OSCE SMM reports.
On May 29, 2021, the Russian RB-636 Svet-KU system was again photographed by the OSCE. This time, a long-range UAV of the SMM spotted the vehicle near the occupied city of Novoazovsk (Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine). It was mentioned in the text part of the OSCE SMM report No. 125/2021 of June 6, 2020.
Good find.

We're not done with the Ukraine crisis yet. Not by a long shot.

A very interesting read, although be warned that you will need a few minutes. There are several noteworthy things in there. It might just be a personal thing, but the "human interest" stuff in there is distracting and irritating. NATO is not a climate change monitoring organization and it isn't an advocacy group for the celebration of women. It is a military alliance. Stuff like that illustrates some mission drift that isn't helpful.

In more substantive material, I think it is interesting that the release goes on and on about the threat posed by Russia, Russia's violations of INF/Open Skies, etc., but simultaneously states that there won't be any attempt to deploy missile defense systems that are viable against Russian weapons. While I get that there is a very delicate balance there and that documents like this are hardly an ironclad commitment, that is not a particularly reassuring position. Based on the extensive commentary re: Russian modernization efforts, wouldn't you have to ask whether the Russians are behaving/would behave with such restraint?

I read that some personal were pulled back but their equipment was not.

Statement by US Whitehouse Press Secretary
Jen Psaki on Ukraine Security Assistance

E4MnTU2WUAU8vZy.png

So we’re back at the he said she said routine.
WH press secretary absolutely falls vs
Politicos four anonymous sources.

I’ll uses my 3 day to a week rule to see which way this one goes.
According to the post article all those new sanctions to put Putin on notice failed to include ceo of nordstream pipeline.

It's tough to believe any tough talk when we're squaring off over whether a hundred million dollars worth of aid was in fact delivered, a contingency plan, cancelled, or some combination thereof.

It's tough to believe any tough talk when we're squaring off over whether a hundred million dollars worth of aid was in fact delivered, a contingency plan, cancelled, or some combination thereof.
It always reverts back to what public image any admin wants to portray vs what the state department professionals actually want.
Anything pertaining to Ukraine and Russia will always be convoluted.

It’s ironic that supposed anonymous State Department officials are leaking suspended military aid to to Ukraine by Biden admin. While the same State Department railed and fought Trump administration. Who was the president who actually followed through and actually sent military aid to Ukraine.

Tends to make your head spin.