• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Derek Chauvin Sentenced to 22.5 Years for the Murder of George Floyd

Shame heโ€™s being excessively punished for social and political aims.
I mean I have trained myself throughout my life to stay neutral and compromise. But realistically 22.5 years is better than 40++ years. This judge took the road of compromise which is where both sides end up unhappy. He wasn't minimally charged and he wasn't charged to the maximum. So good job to the judge in my eyes.

I remind you that he killed a human being. The social and political have nothing to do.
Provide the evidence
The Minneapolis police trainer testified that the officer used the force he was trained to use and that the police trainer uses himself.
the MEdical examiner determined the cause of death was a Fentanyl overdoses Not suffocation.
my wife has had medical emergencies where she is close to convulsions and the officer used the same method of applying enough force to her back and shoulders to keep her on the ground till the emtโ€™s arrived.
Different world we are
If thatโ€™s where your judgement is at then we have conflicting social and governmental goals.

Itโ€™s the point of a trial to sort out the truth?
not to be ok with how severe or not the sentencing was.
Are you saying โ€œmeahโ€ this sentence will keep everyone happy.
A trial is not supposed to be injected with political compromise.
Your absolutely right. But pretty much every high profile case is motivated and influenced by politics or the public AND there is nothing that can be done for that with anyone in a high profile case.

So yes I stand by my comment that the judge did the right thing by not leaning for or against either sides suggestions for sentencing...

Last edited:
So yes I stand by my comment that the judge did the right thing by not leaning for or against either sides suggestions for sentencing...
All you can hope for weather politics, social issues, court cases, or even individuals stay impartial and do not get influenced by anyone or any party when making decisions.

Its not like he got completely off the hook or not like he got the worse sentence he could receive. So in a way both sides won and lost. When both sides feel like they didn't win the better.

I mean I have trained myself throughout my life to stay neutral and compromise. But realistically 22.5 years is better than 40++ years. This judge took the road of compromise which is where both sides end up unhappy. He wasn't minimally charged and he wasn't charged to the maximum. So good job to the judge in my eyes.
He will be segregated in isolation 23 hours a day for the duration. If he gets put in the general population he won't last a week. Seems a little cruel and unusual to me.

He will be segregated in isolation 23 hours a day for the duration. If he gets put in the general population he won't last a week. Seems a little cruel and unusual to me.
It is not cruel or unusual. If that was the case he would not get any protection in prison. The fact he is getting protections at all, let alone this intensely shows the penal system went out of their way to make sure nothing bad happens to him.

let alone this intensely shows the penal system went out of their way to make sure nothing bad happens to him.
Look no one is going to be happy about this which in a weird way thats great. So long both sides realize they both gave up something the sooner things will calm down from both sides. The news cycle will change and we will soon all forget about this one way or another. kudos to the judge.

And justice be dammed
So your condoning political lynching.
Black man looks at a white woman too long and heโ€™s the guy who sexually assaulted her.
the Tulsa riot was spurred by a black man assaulting a young white woman.
The woman categorical said he did nothing wrong.
sheriffs office had determined he was innocent and holding him for his protection.
And a lynch mob showed up.
itโ€™s the same thing.
Political leaders today saying well burn this place down if heโ€™s not convicted.
If the officer was innocent as I still believe he is. Then this was a political lynching.
Oh weโ€™re only going to whip you 20 times instead of 40?
Thatโ€™s your idea of a justice system?

Look no one is going to be happy about this which in a weird way thats great. So long both sides realize they both gave up something the sooner things will calm down from both sides. The news cycle will change and we will soon all forget about this one way or another. kudos to the judge.
The man and his family going to prison wonโ€™t forget.
And police officer across the country wonโ€™t forget.
They will police by ignoring the crime because the risk is too great.

and the black community will continue to suffer because of hands off policing.

Whoa cool your guns. I have never took interest in national issues but rather geopolitical issues facing all our American brothers. Its what I based my whole lifes career on, making sure we are secured in this world.

Now as someone who has been involved in and also struck many geopolitical negotiations I CAN SAY PERSONALLY the judge did his best for what he was given. THAT IS ALL I am implying....

I CAN SAY PERSONALLY the judge did his best for what he was given. THAT IS ALL I am implying....
I have been in many situations/scenarios where both sides are so invested where even giving a inch of ground to any side makes you look impartial and compromises the whole legitimacy.

So again not debating or talking about anything regarding what was right or wrong. BUT RATHER giving the judge a pat on the back for navigating very choppy waters well.

To be clear Iโ€™m not saying what is happening to the officer equates to all the injustices that Blacks have suffered.

But the net result of it all is antifa and BLM choose the right strategy and actions to impact this trial.

That tells all Americans if you are in opposition to government policies and actions you have to hit the streets and throw Molotov cocktails, block streets interstates and burn businesses.

Ok if thatโ€™s where weโ€™re at so be it.
Really sad seems kinda third world
The mob dictating policy and punishment
By the way the normal prison term for 2nd degree murder is 12.5 years
As opposed to his 20yr. The judge kinda leaned on the harsh side.