• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Chinese virus Covid Delta Variant

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
So this more deadly Delta Variant that is coming out...are the vaccines effective against this strain? I though vaccines were more limited than that.

in people vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer / BioNTech, the level of neutralizing antibodies is almost six times lower in the presence of the Delta variant than in the presence of the historical strain of the virus (which was used to design the vaccines).

per the article;
50% more infectious than the alpha variant.
Indian doc report neither antibodies or vaccine seems to suppress it much.
Other countries report that the two shot treatment does seem to slow it. The jury is out on effects antibodies have in providing resistance.

I believe India used sinovac extensively so the vaccine effectiveness could be type dependent.
some countries say youth more susceptible with delta others don’t

personally I’m going to be watching for opinions on the significant differences on the spike protein on delta vs the alpha.
India, Russia, and possibly China have been hit hard by it. There also were reports out of India that claimed there was a comorbidity with covid and a systemic fungus which was very dangerous
Delta Could be a world killer or a dud. time will tell.

Then we can throw the news spin / political objectives over all the biological realities.
Then it becomes anybody’s guess.
It’s curious. There was a big scare with the delta variant in Britain about 3 weeks ago. But now they seem to be indicating they will lift all mask requirements within 30 days.

in Britain 44 unvaccinated people have died from delta.
Of people who’ve received both doses 50 have died.
im not saying don’t take the vac just follow the statistics and make your own call

Screen-Shot-2021-06-25-at-12.26.16-PM-1024x682.png

50 people who died from the Delta variant took both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.

In total, 70 out of the 27,192 vaccinated individuals in the study died, which is a 0.26% mortality rate.

Meanwhile, 44 out of the 53,822 unvaccinated people in the paper died, resulting in a 0.08% mortality.

in Britain 44 unvaccinated people have died from delta.
Of people who’ve received both doses 50 have died.
im not saying don’t take the vac just follow the statistics and make your own call

Screen-Shot-2021-06-25-at-12.26.16-PM-1024x682.png

50 people who died from the Delta variant took both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.

In total, 70 out of the 27,192 vaccinated individuals in the study died, which is a 0.26% mortality rate.

Meanwhile, 44 out of the 53,822 unvaccinated people in the paper died, resulting in a 0.08% mortality.
Why do you dislike it it’s British health department statistics. The topic was what’s up with delta.
so I went and found the current
statistics

Why do you dislike it it’s British health department statistics. The topic was what’s up with delta.
so I went and found the current
statistics
Those stats don't provide enough detailed information like age or pre-existing conditions of the victims. Without knowing that information, the comparison between vaxed and unvaxed is not helpful.

Those stats don't provide enough detailed information like age or pre-existing conditions of the victims. Without knowing that information, the comparison between vaxed and unvaxed is not helpful.
That’s true except for <50 >50 which are separated.
That said their has been no statistics presented previously for covid deaths regarding pre-existing conditions or other conditions.
All of the deaths those who received both doses were over 50 so it would seem it’s effectiveness on older people is reduced.
Six of the 44 unvaccinated who died were under 50.
It seems significant enough that the BPH included it in the paper.