• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

REvil ransomware group strikes again with attack on hundreds of companies right before long holiday weekend

You can reroute your traffic as much as you want and look like you're coming from Fiji, but the 1s and 0s with a Russian accent will still give you away.

You can reroute your traffic as much as you want and look like you're coming from Fiji, but the 1s and 0s with a Russian accent will still give you away.
I’ve even tried two hops with the vpn and I will still get indicators of a ping back. But no point making it easy.
the craziest thing about VPN’s is the content on searches on things like YouTube and advertising. It’s all totally different.

I’ve even tried two hops with the vpn and I will still get indicators of a ping back. But no point making it easy.
the craziest thing about VPN’s is the content on searches on things like YouTube and advertising. It’s all totally different.
Well, VPN is more for security than privacy. VPN traffic is encrypted between point A and point B and is therefore secure against network sniffers, especially useful when utilizing unsecured wifi hotspots like in restaurants and hotels. However, your location can still be determined.

If you want privacy, you use TOR, which reroutes your traffic through different network nodes. Your location can (theoretically) only be traced back to the last node through which your network is being routed. This is assuming that node has not been compromised, in which case you could be traced back one more node. But since you are routed through multiple nodes, the odds of all of them being compromised are slim. You can mitigate this issue by manually rerouting your traffic every 15 minutes or so since the nodes are chosen randomly.

The downside to this is you sacrifice speed for anonymity. You will see a noticeable degradation of throughput when you use TOR, but most people who use it think it's worth the trade.

Well, VPN is more for security than privacy. VPN traffic is encrypted between point A and point B and is therefore secure against network sniffers, especially useful when utilizing unsecured wifi hotspots like in restaurants and hotels. However, your location can still be determined.

If you want privacy, you use TOR, which reroutes your traffic through different network nodes. Your location can (theoretically) only be traced back to the last node through which your network is being routed. This is assuming that node has not been compromised, in which case you could be traced back one more node. But since you are routed through multiple nodes, the odds of all of them being compromised are slim. You can mitigate this issue by manually rerouting your traffic every 15 minutes or so since the nodes are chosen randomly.

The downside to this is you sacrifice speed for anonymity. You will see a noticeable degradation of throughput when you use TOR, but most people who use it think it's worth the trade.
I only use a phone and on 3g it wasn’t fast enough for TOR. I might try it again with LTE. It was like a 14K land line🤨.
having two browser windows open reading one page while the other loaded 🥱

I only use a phone and on 3g it wasn’t fast enough for TOR. I might try it again with LTE. It was like a 14K land line🤨.
having two browser windows open reading one page while the other loaded 🥱
That sounds about right. TOR on any mobile device is going to crawl like a snail stuck in molasses.

They can spy on me all they want. I am not a terrorist and do not want to over through the country. Hell I'm more likely to be on the NSA's side. If they catch these nut jobs we're letting into our country spy away.

Perhaps several Americans suffer from paranoia which is called red fear (Russia | China), several of your fellow citizens often blame these 2 countries for all your problems.

Are you afraid?
I think the United States three letter agencies know exactly where these attacks are coming from and I do not think they are afraid.