• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

U.S. Air Force sent group of B-52 bombers to Indo-Pacific

The thought of loitering Buffs would be concerning to a naval fleet.

The B-52H can also deliver 51 x 500lb, 30 x 1,000lb and 20 x 2,000lb navy mines.

They can also carry 8 AGM-84K harpoon missiles. With a range of 160+miles and a 360kg warhead hardened for ship surface penetration. Flies in any weather and has multiple guidance systems for over the horizon targeting.

The B-1 can carry the AGM-158C LRASM the stealth subsonic cruise missile. Numbers are limited on these so their not viable for saturation attacks. I would think a few of these in conjunction with a mass of harpoons would be tough to defeat.
Strike eagles and f35 can carry either or. Didn’t even look at the capabilities of the B-2.
The B-1 is being considered for the new hypersonic weapons. But every thing is mum on there design and development.
one thing is to be sure any future naval war will be fast and devastating which ever way it turns.

Hong Kong (CNN)The United States Air Force is sending more than two dozen F-22 stealth fighters to an exercise in the western Pacific this month, an unusually large deployment of the powerful jets that analysts say sends a strong message to a possible adversary in China.

Pacific Air Forces in Hawaii this week said approximately 25 F-22s Raptors from the Hawaii Air National Guard and from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, will deploy this month to Guam and Tinian islands for Operation Pacific Iron 2021.
"We have never had this many Raptors deployed together in the Pacific Air Forces area of operations," Gen. Ken Wilsbach, Pacific Air Forces commander, told CNN.

Stealth planes with stealth LRASM
I’m assuming the 22 can carry the AGM-158C but no definitive reports of it.

Have a couple of F-22 pop up at close range on a chines destroyer would be acceptable.
That is considering the behavior of the Russians and Chinese is to be emulated. Or maybe an accidental air incursion would be better. I wouldn’t advise overflying mainland China.
Treat China the way they treat everyone else.

So the US took the bait. Would have been better to just ignore the saber-rattling like you would ignore the temper tantrum of a two-year old.

Now with this response to China's nuclear ultimatum we have an actual intensifying crisis on our hands.

Has ignoring and diplomatic statements helped in Chinas absorption of the majority of the SCS? Has ignoring it helped with the Island building.
Did playing along with China for thirty years that Taiwan was a wayward island that would eventually return the fold.
I don’t mean this as an attack by any means. It’s simply a historical trend that hasn’t succeeded.

Has ignoring and diplomatic statements helped in Chinas absorption of the majority of the SCS? Has ignoring it helped with the Island building.
Did playing along with China for thirty years that Taiwan was a wayward island that would eventually return the fold.
I don’t mean this as an attack by any means. It’s simply a historical trend that hasn’t succeeded.
I consider the SCS and Taiwan to be two separate strategic issues, completely unrelated to each other.

As for playing along with China for thirty years - yes, America's "One-China Policy" has helped maintain the peace for those three decades. China only began the massive buildup of forces across the Strait and flying daily sorties into Taiwan's airspace after the US started changing how they were dealing with Taiwan and pissing off the CCP in the process.

I consider the SCS and Taiwan to be two separate strategic issues, completely unrelated to each other.

As for playing along with China for thirty years - yes, America's "One-China Policy" has helped maintain the peace for those three decades. China only began the massive buildup of forces across the Strait and flying daily sorties into Taiwan's airspace after the US started changing how they were dealing with Taiwan and pissing off the CCP in the process.

While taking advantage of the US on everything possible, Unfair trade, stealing our national secrets, bribing our officials so they can pump us dry on our own water supply. Bribing University professes to never talk bad about China among the Massive elephant in the room.

While taking advantage of the US on everything possible, Unfair trade, stealing our national secrets, bribing our officials so they can pump us dry on our own water supply. Bribing University professes to never talk bad about China among the Massive elephant in the room.
Citations needed.

Oh come on there has been a plethora industrial espionage case taken to court that’s common knowledge.
I was referring only to the text I bolded in red.