• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Covid Breaking News-[July]

Every hour in America 1000 new cases are confirmed... A thousand every hour. Still the overwhelming cases confirmed in the US are unvaccinated.

Almost next to none whom are hospitalized or parish are vaccinated,... only fatalities, only hospitalized are unvaccinated in America.

Now I know we have Global Viewers here so need to clarify if you are in the USA and receive a vaccine you are bullet proof to Covid.

IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE U.S you need to worry. China & Euro vaccines data shows your protection wears off quite quickly.

Last edited:
With talks of lockdowns in our future, already new mask mandates, and news of Chinese/European Vaccination waning significantly over a short period is not good.

With recent stock market volatility, new mandates, and rewording CDC guidance should put this back on our radar indefinitely here regardless of political stances.

SO any further Covid discussion or news should be posted here to avoid confusion.

These are just the few articles I have read the past week. Me no likly....

1,000 new COVID cases every hour in the US​

1.4 billion doses later, China is realizing it may need mRNA COVID vaccines​

They Relied on Chinese Vaccines. Now Theyโ€™re Battling Outbreaks.​

Last edited:
Every hour in America 1000 new cases are confirmed... A thousand every hour. Still the overwhelming cases confirmed in the US are unvaccinated.

Almost next to none whom are hospitalized or parish are vaccinated,... only fatalities, only hospitalized are unvaccinated in America.

Now I know we have Global Viewers here so need to clarify if you are in the USA and receive a vaccine you are bullet proof to Covid.

IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE U.S you need to worry. China & Euro vaccines data shows your protection wears off quite quickly.
Vaccinated Americans aren't quite "bullet proof" to Covid, but the odds are tremendously in their favor for not catching the disease. There was just a news story earlier this week about a vaccinated White House staffer who has tested positive for Covid. Do not allow yourselves to become overconfident and complacent just because you have been vaccinated. The efficacy rate is fairly high, but it's not 100%.

Also, we only know about vaccine efficacy up through the Delta variant. Future variants might possibly achieve vaccine breakthrough.

Lastly, America might seem like it's "back to normal," but we still have ongoing supply chain issues that have not recovered from last year. Our supply chain infrastructure was always subject to multiple single points of failure, and therefore, not very robust in the first place. Now, it's incredibly fragile, and it won't take much to collapse it completely. Again, do not become complacent.

I haven't been saying much about Covid recently, other than to correct misinformation when it appears. But I am still monitoring the global situation daily, just like I have been for the past 19 months now. I am still recommending people have a minimum of 90 days of supplies stored, and I don't mean just food and water. I mean everything you might need if you are unable to purchase products at your local stores. If you have the means, I would suggest six months.

2020 taught me that as prepared as I thought I was for a large-scale national/global disaster, I really wasn't. That has since been rectified.

As a very wise woman said to me last year: "Collapse is a process, not an event." Stay alert, people.

Vaccinated Americans aren't quite "bullet proof" to Covid, but the odds are tremendously in their favor for not catching the disease.
Yes it was a figure of speech but also not. A bullet proof vest isn't 100% bullet proof. Again figure of speech.

I hate misinformation and propaganda more than Hitler or Genocide itself. I should of clarified better. But in a way the US vaccine is like a bullet proof vest. Not 100% effective but most of the time is.

ANYONE who is smart knows once a bullet hits a bulletproof vest it is useless.
Are you serious? A bullet proof west can stop alot of bullets until it wears out, not just one.

Philadelphia & New Orleans reinstated mask mandates even for vaccinated. Growing number of cities reinstating Covid mandates.

Philadelphia & New Orleans reinstated mask mandates even for vaccinated.
I read an article that said the virus is airborne. My understanding was that air transmission rates were low and that it was generally a surface-transmitted disease. Air was only in confined spaces for prolonged times.

Have they changed their minds on this?

Are you serious? A bullet proof west can stop alot of bullets until it wears out, not just one.
Your kidding right?,...
Yes and no. If your vest stops a bullet, it's ruined and is unserviceable. While you're wearing it, though, it will stop additional bullets.
Simple google search ^^^

Wouldn't want someone to die because they thought you can re-use a bulletproof vest after it's been shot from your comment.

Last edited:
I read an article that said the virus is airborne. My understanding was that air transmission rates were low and that it was generally a surface-transmitted disease. Air was only in confined spaces for prolonged times.

No the Delta Variant from the beginning we know it was much much more transmissible including airborne which is driving current national surges among the unvaccinated.

You must be mixing old variant information with current dominating variant data. Never has any official said Delta had low transmissible rate in any area especially airborne transmission.

just like I have been for the past 19 months now. I am still recommending people have a minimum of 90 days of supplies stored, and I don't mean just food and water. I mean everything you
I do totally agree 90 days and 6 months is better. Think about this though. Two months in the US of empty shelves in the stores and the inflation that would follow. The nation would be going bat shit crazy. People would be pissed and it wouldnโ€™t just be people in the cities out protesting and burning stuff down. The suburbs would be as well. Then after the stores had been emptied for a two weeks or more and people really start getting hungry the home invasions would start.

I do totally agree 90 days and 6 months is better. Think about this though. Two months in the US of empty shelves in the stores and the inflation that would follow. The nation would be going bat shit crazy. People would be pissed and it wouldnโ€™t just be people in the cities out protesting and burning stuff down. The suburbs would be as well. Then after the stores had been emptied for a two weeks or more and people really start getting hungry the home invasions would start.
Many know my mother here KimPossible, this family has long line of political career elitists & doomsday preppers, and with her comments in the past here you can understand we are very well prepared. Preparation made decades ago, constantly being updated and upgraded for virtually any disasters man made or not.

I know a lot cannot prepare to the extent we do mostly due to money or location. But practicing drills or evacuations is very helpful if I could give any tips. Besides the supplies practicing is the most important thing.

If you have a family make it competitive. Time it, see how fast you can drill or evacuate and try to beat your previous timed attempts. Make rewards like a nice dinner or trip if you make a record.

That all depends on the news cycle. Doesnโ€™t make much difference anyway the standards for what qualifies as an effective face mask for the virus are so loosely defined they mean nothing.
Yes I know a honest cotton N-95 mask is what is closest to effective and has an honest chance of doing the job.
Beyond that though there are no standards. All the surgical mask you see people wearing are almost exclusively made of synthetic materials not cotton. CDCโ€™s only recommended the cotton because the synthetic material does not trap particulates adequately. Synthetic material tends to just delay the droplets as you continue to breath them through the material. Itโ€™s just a Dr. Feelgood policy at this point.

That all depends on the news cycle. Doesnโ€™t make much difference anyway the standards for what qualifies as an effective face mask for the virus are so loosely defined they mean nothing.
Yes I know a honest cotton N-95 mask is what is closest to effective and has an honest chance of doing the job.
Beyond that though there are no standards. All the surgical mask you see people wearing are almost exclusively made of synthetic materials not cotton. CDCโ€™s only recommended the cotton because the synthetic material does not trap particulates adequately. Synthetic material tends to just delay the droplets as you continue to breath them through the material. Itโ€™s just a Dr. Feelgood policy at this point.
Every variant has been airborne to one extent or another from day one of the pandemic. This was obvious to people monitoring the initial reports coming from people on the ground in China. Several of those people who were considered trusted sources disappeared without notice and we found out later some had died while others had been arrested by the Chinese government for broadcasting to the world what was really going on in their country.

China, the US, and other governments delayed reporting on the airborne factor for as long as possible to avoid a panic. This backfired as it led to credibility problems later down the road.

As far as masks are concerned, again, the government has no one but themselves to blame for the controversy surrounding the wearing of masks. Fauci's statements early in the pandemic that masks would not protect anyone against the virus were patently false and he later admitted he only said that to prevent American civilians from panic-buying masks that were needed for health care workers. I knew he was lying, but fortunately I had already stockpiled several commercial-grade N-95 and N-100 respirators for my wife and myself while they were still available. Keep in mind I was first notified of the virus in mid-January of 2020 and began monitoring it then, although we had no idea it would go global as fast as it did. Still, that early warning allowed my wife and I to purchase some supplies before they disappeared from the shelves.

So here is the skinny on the wearing of masks:
Cotton or Homemade Masks: Will help protect others somewhat if you are infected, but will be largely ineffective at protecting you.

Surgical-Grade Masks: Same as above, but with a slightly higher level of protection.

Disposable N-95/KN-95 Masks: Much better protection than the previous two, but still relatively weak since most people don't get a good face seal. The disposable masks with the exhalation vent do not filter outgoing air, so only the wearer is protected.

N-95/N-100 Half-Mask Respirators: Much higher protection for the wearer, but only the wearer. Exhaled air is not filtered. 95% - 99% effective against contaminated particles 3 microns or larger; roughly 60% effective against the virus particles themselves. Again, the wearer has to know what they're doing to achieve a proper face seal. Without a proper seal, wearing these is pointless.

N-95/N-100 Full-Face Respirators: Best protection available to most civilians. The percentages are roughly the same as the half-mask respirators, but it's easier to achieve a proper face seal and it protects the eyes as well.

Beyond that you get into self-contained breathing systems which are expensive and require training to use properly.

Essentially, wearing something is better than wearing nothing, but masks tend to lead to a false sense of security, and half of Americans are too stupid to wear them properly. The number of people I saw wearing masks only over their mouth but not their nose was ridiculous. It's no wonder the US leads the world in number of cases. In the event of another wave of this virus (which I think might possibly have started two weeks ago - too early to tell for sure yet), especially if a variant achieves vaccine breakthrough, the best defense is to stay home. Going outdoors unmasked is fine as long as you stay away from other people, but if you're going into a public place you should wear the best mask protection you can find.

My wife and I are not currently wearing masks because we have both been fully vaccinated, but we still limit our exposure by rarely going out to eat in public and still having our groceries delivered to us. I am closely monitoring newly reported variants for any indication of vaccine breakthrough, at which point masks will probably become necessary again.

the best defense is to stay home. Going outdoors unmasked is fine as long as you stay away from other people, but if you're going into a public place you should wear the best mask protection you can find.
Social distancing is the best and most comfortable protection.

I can't add much to it,

For now FFP3 and disposable gloves should be enough for the masses.

But in the future at some point when the virus has become more lethal, full face gasmasks and some later even hazmat suits are the only real protection.

Because the most virus variants of concern of today can break through the protection of vaccines.
These variants are Beta (South Africa), Gamma (mostly in Brazil, Russia) , Delta (Everywhere) and Lambda (Peru)

The most lethal and infectious variant known is Delta (Delta Plus),
but Lambda is to be expected worse.
Further studies are underway.

Also it is possible to get infected with different variants at once which inscreases the mortality alot.

But worst thing is that all the other viruses like the Avian/Birdflu H5N1 and H5N8 and many more variants are about to adapt to humans.
And lethal fungal diseases are about the become pandemic.

I will try and post current up to date data on the percentile on whom are perishing or being hospitalized in US of A every day.

22/7/21

97% hospitalized are unvaccinated. 3% vaccinated hospitalized.

99% deaths are unvaccinated. 1% deaths vaccinated.

--
A lot of other sources give same number.

Last edited: