• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

War in Afghanistan (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some more information on Afgan President leaving the country and transfer of power to Taliban:

Though I really don't like this news source. I really dislike ALJazeera. So don't take anything said here to heart until others verified.

I'm not really sure what the US expected when they withdrew from Afghanistan, nor am I really sure why we should care.
They expected the Afghanistan military to hold their own. Now we see a bunch of terrorists capturing our equipment we gave them so they are in a better position now than before we even invaded.

Our military should have been waiting and watching for these rats to come out and over the Paki border so they could have cluster bombed the hell out of them, use some MOABs and even drop some White Phosphorus on them for good measure.

Moderator Note: Political commentary deleted for extreme partisan content & borderline conspiracy theory. Please keep your political opinions in the Politics Forum. That's what it's there for.

It will only get hotter in the middle east now.

Last edited by a moderator:
God I am angry. Just what did our Men & Women sacrifice and die for exactly?

Bin Laden was in Pakistan all along and their government knew.

If another 9/11 happens and the Taliban harbour the terrorists. What do we do? Invade again?

Taliban aren't Afghans they're Pakistani insurgents.

Pakistan is laughing at us I wish we could turn them into glass.

How is the Afgan military this bad that they get overrun so quickly?
The high ups in the Afghanistan military are corrupt and work for the Pakistan ISI, IE: the Teliban under the table. Plus they still probably haven't figured out how to aim. We should have nuked Pakistan the day after they found OBL protected by the Pakistani military down the street.

They expected the Afghanistan military to hold their own. Now we see a bunch of terrorists capturing our equipment we gave them so they are in a better position now than before we even invaded.

Our military should have been waiting and watching for these rats to come out and over the Paki border so they could have cluster bombed the hell out of them, use some MOABs and even drop some White Phosphorus on them for good measure.

This is what happens when Obama is running things, just like his Arab spring for Turkey and their ISIS Muslim brotherhood terrorists.

It will only get hotter in the middle east now.

Trump was pulling Troops out too. All of them have failed, Bush, Obama, Trump, Biden. Its on all of them.

Last edited:
God I am angry. Just what did our Men & Women sacrifice and die for exactly?

Bin Laden was in Pakistan all along and their government knew.

If another 9/11 happens and the Taliban harbour the terrorists. What do we do? Invade again?

Taliban aren't Afghans they're Pakistani insurgents.

Pakistan is laughing at us I wish we could turn them into glass.
We should have a year after going into Afghanistan because they were obviously harboring all these punks.

Sucks to see. My deployment set up Ghazni and Hellman province FOBs. If the embassy falls will we be sucked back in or will we fight from the air? Who knows.
They will have to bomb the shit out of the nice hardware the ANA just gave them. What really sucks is young militia boys were all joining up to fight with the ANA, to stop the Teliban. Now it's pointless and suicide for them.

Two questions why does Pakistan need Afghanistan so badly and will Afghanistan become a haven for Terrorists again?

There are ways to do things and as you see the way to not. Trump would have put a stop to it and smoked the Teliban after one city fell.

He was all for pulling Troops out I don't think Trump would of stopped them any better.

Last edited:
How could the state department and military advisers not seen them caving so quickly. It was stupid to leave the embassy in place after the troop pullout.
hopefully we don’t end up with another hostage situation at a embassy.
I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t see this failure happening when we invaded. Twenty years ago I hadn’t considered the difficulty in building a nation state in a region dominated by tribal loyalties. It should have been obvious to everyone a decade ago.
played like a violin again!
I have said it a gazillion times. You can't rebuild a nation that has never wanted to be much of one in the first place. Germany and the other European nations rebuilt themselves because they wanted to have better lives. Handing US dollars to people who live in mud huts was just stupid. Iraq could have rebuilt itself and it didn't get fixed till the people decided to fight against the terrorists. We need to go in and destroy everything that we need to win a war and then leave.

Two questions why does Pakistan need Afghanistan so badly and will Afghanistan become a haven for Terrorists again?
They want land and resources just like everyone else. That's why every nation went to war in the beginning of humanity. Afghanistan has a lot of really minerals and a few million metric tons of opium they can use to expand their military.

Because we say it’s a good thing, just trust us, give it a try. Pollyanna thinking
US forces will be flying back out in a few days let alone by the 29th. That's if they don't have to get a serious fight on just to get the rest of our people out. I say bomb the ever loving hell out of them the second they get out in the open.

Just think about all the kids. Women and little girls that will definitely never trust the west let alone the US again. They are in for hell at the hands of those butchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.