• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Hurricane Nicholas Landfall in Texas

Hurricane Nicholas makes landfall in Texas packing 75mph winds and a dangerous storm surge:

The storm came ashore near the eastern part of the Matagorda Peninsula, about 10 miles west-southwest of Sargent Beach, Texas, at around 1:30 a.m. ET Tuesday.

As of 2:00 a.m. ET, more than 112,000 customers had already lost power in the state, according to;
PowerOutage.US

Lotta hurricanes so far this season, some experts even think they may need to add more names to the list this year. Also read conditions will be prime for a extended hurricane season.

La Niรฑa climate pattern should return this fall and last through winter:​

La Niรฑa can impact the Atlantic hurricane season by helping make atmospheric conditions more conducive for tropical storms and hurricanes to form in the Atlantic Ocean,

Last edited:
But when will they ever learn not build aside the coast...:unsure:

But when will they ever learn not build aside the coast...:unsure:
I live surfside right on the gulf coast. But I can afford to rebuild or just buy another condo. Also have a house inland I can make livable quickly if my condo where to be deemed unsafe or had to evacuate.

I do agree if your poor,... don't live close to the beach, or prone flood zones. BUT if you can afford to take losses than I don't see why the better off have to leave their houses on beach side property.

Last edited:
lf coast. But I can afford to rebuild or just buy another condo.
Sure these are cheap we shouldn't overdramatize, just rebuild but I was astounded that this weak hurricane was worth a topic.
So if some poor people sure lost their home I apologize.

Personally I believe if FEMA gives you money or insurance company gives you money to rebuild than you should only be aloud to rebuild in a none flood prone area & and not rebuild in flood zones to encourage migration of people whom can't afford themselves to rebuild get out of climate change risk areas.

It would be good money spent by FEMA and insurance companies to only rebuild people's houses & businesses in relocated places outside flood zones. Why should the government & insurance companies pay to rebuild towns just to be knocked over again. This is America, where to live is almost limitless.

All this could be said for the fire prone areas out in the west too.

Last edited:
Sure these are cheap we shouldn't overdramatize, just rebuild but I was astounded that this weak hurricane was worth a topic.
So if some poor people sure lost their home I apologize.
Weak hurricanes and tropical storms can do just as much damage as major hurricanes if they move slowly enough. The slower they move, the more rain they dump on a localized area, causing serious flooding.