• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Volcano eruption on La Palma could cause a Mega-Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.
The volcanic eruption opened alot of new vents and also the behavior of the main volcano has changed from a steady burn to a violent explosive behavior.

Yes, the threat is real on this one. We know it's happened before, and it's only a matter of time before it happens again. Will it be this time? Who knows? But it's good to have a plan.
Donโ€™t live on the western Atlantic. Or have a good earthquake tsunami warning alert on your phone, have a full tank of gas. A rally point for your family and be ready to drive expeditiously.

Itโ€™s a real guessing game though even if a tsunami is generated there are so many variables that will determine how severe it will be or focus of the worst part.

Itโ€™s a real guessing game though even if a tsunami is generated there are so many variables that will determine how severe it will be or focus of the worst part.

Only in the worst case scenario this Mega Tsunami will be high and fast enough to destroy the U.S. East Coast, but Florida and the east coast of Brazil in particular is being hit hard.
But in this worst case scenario - if you live on La Palma or an nearby island or on the West African coast or in some parts of the Caribbean you be dead ๐Ÿ’€ instantly,
it's much to close and the Mega Tsunami within one hours would be up to 3000 feet high and as fast as an jet airplane,
it would rush over the Atlantic ocean and obliterate every island smaller than Cuba in it's path.

The high kinetic energy would smash everything instantly, the damage would be complete and even outperform the damage of a thermonuclar explosion.

Nuclear power plants near the coast would be destroyed.โ˜ข๏ธ
And cause the worst nuclear catastropy in history.

DJGNs0JVoAQTG4c.jpg

Scientists are saying this could be a threat for months. Definitely something to keep an eye on closely and as @Obreid said get a good alert system or app.

For me my only choice is to get on my boat meant to evacuate in a nuclear attack and sail as fast as possible to the deepest most farther out part of the ocean I can get too. Tsunamis out in deep open waters isn't really terrific which this is the choice I'll likly make.

Even with late warning say 6 hours to sail as far out into the ocean I can get to is pretty far and deep waters. Pretty sure boat will be fine that far out durring a Tsunami.

H
ave multiple 4 stroke motor engines on boat, let's just say its fast and meant to out run a nuclear war, confidence is high I'll get out to pretty deep waters quickly. I'll also try and evacuate some of the other vulnerable people in my condominium complex.

Scientists are saying this could be a threat for months.
The volcano is setting off bombs all the time, at some point the volcano will blow up as a whole and this could release a major earthquake which is setting of the land slide then.
Pretty sure boat will be fine that far out durring a Tsunami.
The tsunami is partly moving over the water, it is a huge wave and so fast that it could rip your boat apart or at least tip it over.

Some people only believe what they see, so this is the most realistic simulation of the worst case scenario.

Intensification of the explosive phenomenon, with increased range of pyroclastic material and intense ash emission.
PEVOLCA orders the confinement of the population in Tajuya and Tacande de Abajo and the part of Tacande de Arriba not evacuated.

The shockwaves are becoming stronger and louder, it sounds like they became supersonic.๐Ÿ˜ฒ

LIVE

The tsunami is partly moving over the water, it is a huge wave and so fast that it could rip your boat apart or at least tip it over
I'd be far out center/west in the Gulf of Mexico. I don't live on the east coast of FL. If I was to do this in the Atlantic I would say your right. I'll be fine. Seen the projections in the Gulf of Mexico won't even be noticable in the Gulf of Mexico far out enough.

But yes I would not advise to boat out as far as possible in the Atlantic. But if your living on the Gulf Coast with a fast boat, probably your best bet if you live on the gulf coast state's.

If you live on east coast best bet is to evacuate to the highest point you can get to in 7 hours.

Last edited:
It's coming down already since some hours. watch above it's Live and it's hot.
The lava flows furious and relentessly. It's hell:devilish:

In addition, the instability of the volcanic edifice has increased and the emitted materials can reach a greater distance
and produce phenomena such as arrivals of ash and high temperature volcanic material beyond the zone established as an exclusion zone.

"We have been evacuated from there because of the risk of falling ash rocks, not because of the level of gases, which have been measured and are fine," said this professional.
It is because of this new quantity of ash rocks that the
scientific committee is assessing the possibility of a landslide,
as commented by volcanologist Manuel Regueiro in CAD:
"If a lot of weight falls, it could slide".:oops:

This isn't alarmist or fear mongering. Quite simple people should be making a plan, remain calm, and keep a close eye on the situation as it develops.

Highly advise anyone living within 100-300 miles from the US east coast make a plan now.

I have put together most of the US government information on how to prepare, survive, and recover on a seprate thread:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.