• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China & Taiwan #October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, let's just hope it's all bluff as the red armies like to spin up quite intriguing tales about their "capabilities" to help sell their other weapons.
I always like to note that the US is the opposite. We don't need to brag. We are historically and still are number 1 arms dealers in reliable high end war machine/systems. In fact we hide our capabilities and only show case them in a new big fight like Iraq & Afghanistan was to show case all our new stuff in real action at that time or further previous wars i.e where..

We are really still the only true superpower left as America is capable of fighting anywhere in the world. Winning is a different story. But we can organize and fight anywhere & sustain conflict for years or decades anywhere which no other country can do.

(I know we didn't go to war with Iraq & Afghanistan to show off our new toys. Just was convenient to do so. Life gives you lemons you make lemonade.)

Part of being a “superpower” is a nations willingness to be one.
Not just the leaders but the general citizenry.
The nations willingness to be that “superpower” has been severely dampened the last 20 years.
I for one definitely to always strive to be strong militarily and tech.
But as for assuming being the worlds policeman is tied to that position then no.
Protect the nation, stand by our real allies whenever called for, protect the sea ways.
But no longer assume the title of the worlds enforcer.

But as for assuming being the worlds policeman is tied to that position then no.
To me a superpower is at it's most simple form capable of fighting and sustaining a fight anywhere in the world at any given time.

We made ourselves the world police and rightfully so, the rest of the world was screwing up all the time preventing globalization.

We asserted ourselves everywhere not to spread "democracy" but to stabilize global relations to grow a American globalized system everyone uses still to this day. We get a piece of almost everyone's "pie" around the world. We became the world's money middle man which is great you enjoy all the perks everyday in American life.

It doesn't have to be this way to be a superpower but it has worked rather well overall so far after WWII.

To me a superpower is at it's most simple form capable of fighting and sustaining a fight anywhere in the world at any given time.

We made ourselves the world police and rightfully so, the rest of the world was screwing up all the time preventing globalization.

We asserted ourselves everywhere not to spread "democracy" but to stabilize global relations to grow a American globalized system everyone uses still to this day. We get a piece of almost everyone's "pie" around the world. We became the world's money middle man which is great you enjoy all the perks everyday in American life.

It doesn't have to be this way to be a superpower but it has worked rather well overall so far after WWII.
Ok I can tell you right now this post is going to get deleted and I could give a shit.
But this is a fundamental discussion
we in america must have about the reasons we engage in ANY future conflict. I am sick to fucking death with Banana Wars.

I fully support a strong robust and fucking dangerous military. Period - full stop.
But we were allegedly trying to spread democracy in Afghanistan, Iraq, then we were going to liberate Libya, then we were going to right the injustices of Syria. And Let’s not forget Vietnam.
All of these are prime examples of “spreading democracy” and anything else you want to call it.

I’m not being hostile towards you regarding that. But these all turned out to be either poorly conceived policies or poorly executed ones.

I do however take extreme exception to your reasoning for being the world policeman or power broker “to spread globalization”
You measure the risk, the cost, and the blood of American servicemen as worth it to so we can have more economic security and comfort!
That is fucking obscene!

Globalization is in its self not a bad thing but to send Americans to die in desert shit holes so life can be economically better or comfortable at home. And don’t you dare exclude the motives of corporations and investment bankers. Or corrupt politicians who make millions on the side voting for this “wealth security”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I can tell you right now this post is going to get deleted and I could give a shit.
But this is a fundamental discussion
we in america must have about the reasons we engage in ANY future conflict. I am sick to fucking death with Banana Wars.

I fully support a strong robust and fucking dangerous military. Period - full stop.
But we were allegedly trying to spread democracy in Afghanistan, Iraq, then we were going to liberate Libya, then we were going to right the injustices of Syria. And Let’s not forget Vietnam.
All of these are prime examples of “spreading democracy” and anything else you want to call it.

I’m not being hostile towards you regarding that. But these all turned out to be either poorly conceived policies or poorly executed ones.

I do however take extreme exception to your reasoning for being the world policeman or power broker “to spread globalization”
You measure the risk, the cost, and the blood of American servicemen as worth it to so we can have more economic security and comfort!
That is fucking obscene!

Globalization is in its self not a bad thing but to send Americans to die in desert shit holes so life can be economically better or comfortable at home. And don’t you dare exclude the motives of corporations and investment bankers. Or corrupt politicians who make millions on the side voting for this “wealth security”
In not going to delete the post, but I did remove the last sentence. Just FYI.

Obreid just gave a somewhat modified version of the speech Smedly Butler gave about his career.
Somewhat on topic, China is denying that the reported hypersonic FOBS trial was that and said "its only a space vehicle".... well woah.....

I respectfully leave semantic niggling to those with far more patience than I have.

Anyone notice how the operational tempo of Mainland China incursions into the Taiwan ADIZ have dried up over the last few days? Have been looking at my Asia sources and have not seen anything recently mentioned. One wonders....
Regards

Obreid just gave a somewhat modified version of the speech Smedly Butler gave about his career.
Somewhat on topic, China is denying that the reported hypersonic FOBS trial was that and said "its only a space vehicle".... well woah.....

I respectfully leave semantic niggling to those with far more patience than I have.

Anyone notice how the operational tempo of Mainland China incursions into the Taiwan ADIZ have dried up over the last few days? Have been looking at my Asia sources and have not seen anything recently mentioned. One wonders....
Regards
Why would they be parsing words about this and your observation of their decreased tempo around Taiwan is interesting, I had not noticed it

Why would they be parsing words about this and your observation of their decreased tempo around Taiwan is interesting, I had not noticed it
It reminds me of (I think, been a lot of years ago I read it) from Clancy's "Hunt for Red October" where the Russian fleet put to sea for a limited amount of time on drills, came back and all were alongside before things broke loose, getting the maintenance done so everyone was 100%. May not have been Red October but I do wonder if since the drills they are getting their air wing up to snuff...or they just maybe decided that maintaining that tempo wasnt worth it any longer.....either way the silence is interesting, no?

I am increasingly convinced that China and Russia will take advantage of their current superiority in supersonic weapons to launch a major attack before the end of 2021, before the US matches them.

I am increasingly convinced that China and Russia will take advantage of their current superiority in supersonic weapons to launch a major attack before the end of 2021, before the US matches them.
you mean hypersonic right?

We just have to figure out what exactly "come to the defense" means.
It’s weird, and considering the white house has already walked it back, I’m not sure.

Do you personally still see the US defending Taiwan with direct force as unlikely?
I don’t know myself. Though Biden, for some reason, is speaking in no uncertain terms, it’s still somewhat ambiguous (in my mind).

Though I’m also trying to calm myself down.
I can’t exactly escape all this news right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.