• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Russia willing to enter talks with Ukraine...on conditions

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
Turkey has said that Russia is willing to go back to the negotiating table, but Russia has attached "new conditions" before it would return to talks. What those conditions are were unspecified.

Turkey has said that Russia is willing to go back to the negotiating table, but Russia has attached "new conditions" before it would return to talks. What those conditions are were unspecified.
More Info 👇
Turkey believes that at a personal meeting of the presidents of Ukraine and Russia it will be possible to agree on a ceasefire. Both sides talked about the possibility of returning to negotiations, but the situation at the front affects this, said Turkish FM Çavuşoğlu via Anadolu

International Legalisms only. It is just a stage for Russia to demonstrate its "willingness" to settle things peacefully, so that when things escalate, it has this as rationale. The dictator's regime goals: (1) it "tried" to negotiate, (2) it warned the West that it was "not bluffing" about encroachment on its "territorial integrity," (3) Since negotiations were refused, and the West's only response to its warning, was more threats, now once a "territorial integrity" breach has happened, Russia has no choice but to.....

Of course, what would undermine this strategy would be to show up at the negotiations and call for a bilateral cease-fire. But that would require more than tactical vision, and war pugilists would lose their mind. Patience will get Ukraine its 13,000 sq mi in contest back at some point. Missiles to reach 200 miles into Russia territory is not an effective strategy for THAT purpose, although it assuages those seeking to (rightly and understandably) punish Russia. I note that Ukraine patiently waited from Ukrainian People's Republic in 1917 becoming part of the USSR in 1922 for nearly 70 years to get its freedom. You can fight hard or fight smart.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pin any hopes on this. According to Erdogan Putin said that at the SCO conference, i.e. before he decided to go ahead with overt annexation. There have since been numerous statements from high-ranking officials on both sides (though not from Putin directly) to the effect that no negotiations are currently possible. It'd take far more than Erdogan's wishful thinking to convince me otherwise.