• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

11 people in custody after hourslong armed standoff on I-95 in Massachusetts

Just curious, what was their crime? Running out of gas? Owning firearms?
According to the article....
not consistent with the firearms laws that we have in Massachusetts
the suspects, who did not have firearms licenses
The men refused to put down their weapons or comply with authorities’ orders, claiming to be from a group “that does not recognize our laws” before taking off into a wooded area, police said.

Looking scary.
If they were properly storing their firearms while passing through mass there shouldn’t have been a problem.
most states (not cities) allow for non-residents to pass through their states with firearms if stored properly.
They became guilty as soon as they got the firearms out.
who knows how it went down though, the cops could have been jerks and pushing their buttons or the men could have been ratcheted up and expecting the worst or wanting to provoke an incident.
However a car load of men on the side of the road at night in tactical-cool isn’t the smartest thing to do.
wonder if this falls under the purview of the FBI’s terrorist division of threats from white nationalist militias.

According to the article....
THEY CALL THEMSELVES THE “RISE OF THE MOORS” - Armed standoff with Mass. State Police on I-95... - YouTube
I duno, looks like they were just going from point A to B! But I guess they were scary black men with guns. Lock um up!
I am pro police and can see them being detained for unlicensed hand guns and not complying with with authorities orders but transporting firearms loaded or unloaded on an interstate highway is illegal?
How are you supposed to get from point A to B. Guess you're not.

A word for the wise: I own firearms and have been in law enforcement for 25 years. If you plan on traveling interstate with a firearm you had better know the law in each state you are traveling through. Just because it is legal in one state does not mean it is legal in another.

THEY CALL THEMSELVES THE “RISE OF THE MOORS” - Armed standoff with Mass. State Police on I-95... - YouTube
I duno, looks like they were just going from point A to B! But I guess they were scary black men with guns. Lock um up!
I am pro police and can see them being detained for unlicensed hand guns and not complying with with authorities orders but transporting firearms loaded or unloaded on an interstate highway is illegal?
How are you supposed to get from point A to B. Guess you're not.
I’m assuming open carry is not legal in mass. If as the reports have said they had their rifles out and slung at the side of a public road that would be illegal.
Not saying the law is just but it is what it is.
if this was a group of white guys it would probably go the same way. Open carry isn’t legal in Illinois and I would never go near a public road with a slung rifle. Especially an interstate.