• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

9/11 Twenty Years Later

I’m not that stupid or prejudiced.

Read the tweet. she uses the word “Islamist” which to my understanding is used to reference radicalized moslem ideology for the establishment of Muslim theocratic states at the expense of any other religious faiths in the said nation. Which is also at the expense of Moslems that live in those nations that practice Islam in tolerant plurality with other faiths.
She nailed it

I was not familiar with the difference between "Islamist" and "Islam." My apologies.

Sad to see Russia spent 1 decade to wake up to Afghanistan and the west took 2 decades to come to the same conclusion. 😔😒😕

If your going think your a superpower and police and transform the everything into a New World Order.
Your going to have to act like an empire and club in the head any nation that impedes your vision.
That would have meant shutting down Pakistan and Iran’s machinations.
making sure the Saudis keep the Wahhabis under control. And just generally and overall being a tyrant.
The US had the military and money to do that but not the stomach for it.

Im glad we didn’t, and I did support the Afghanistan invasion, and was neutral on Iraq. But I was wrong I believe now.
We were so successful after WW2 with the Marshal doctrine helping rebuild Europe and Japan. That was an aberration I believe. There were so many cultural similarities between theallies and axis it worked.
So now every time the US gets involved in a war we spend half our energy trying to replicate that.
War is not about making your enemy a kinder and gentler place.
It’s about getting in there and beating them into submission as quickly and efficiently as possible. It’s a contest of wills between two nations and cultures.
If your going to engage in war what will minimize your loses and achieve the extension of your foreign policy with minimal loss of life and treasure.
Fast clean and dirty get in get out save lives. If your enemy wants real help and change then help them if you can. Otherwise get out and leave them in the last century.
always measure if going to war is worth those cost before you do so.

The problem isn't not having the stomach to do so but such actions very much go against what the U.S. is supposed to stand for, which is democracy and human rights. It has been violating those principles for the past seven decades it has now become the principal warmonger of the world:

That might even explain why it could not solve the biggest crime scene in its recent history.

This is late but i find it interesting how much 9/11 ties into nuclear war, not only did it prove america’s COG efforts to be completely useless, the country was ran by the exact same shadow president as would have ruled in a nuclear war (being a former Chief of Staff, Dick Cheney was brought in to “advise” a presidential successor in the event of a nuclear war). I also find Dick Cheney’s blatant disregard for international law and human rights after 9/11 (patriot act, torture,guantanamo) directly inspired by his experience from war games.

This is late but i find it interesting how much 9/11 ties into nuclear war, not only did it prove america’s COG efforts to be completely useless, the country was ran by the exact same shadow president as would have ruled in a nuclear war (being a former Chief of Staff, Dick Cheney was brought in to “advise” a presidential successor in the event of a nuclear war). I also find Dick Cheney’s blatant disregard for international law and human rights after 9/11 (patriot act, torture,guantanamo) directly inspired by his experience from war games.
I don’t disagree with you completely about Cheney but the patriot act was also passed by Congress. There are over three hundred politicians, dem and rep, also responsible for that.

You know what they did to hard cold SS nazis when captured on the battlefield? They shot them dead then and there. There was no gitmo,

I’m sorry IF you are going to war and risking your youth. You do not leave irredeemable killers like SS officers and Taliban commanders to live so they can try again. Try them and execute them or do it in the field.
It war, it is violent horrible business. It should be prosecuted quickly and definitely and brought to an end never to resurface.
Or it should not be ventured into,
Make that decision before you send troops off not after.
If cost lives to both sides and it should be so costly few will ever wish to return to it.
Fewer will die in the long over time because all sides will count the cost before they venture into it

I don’t disagree with you completely about Cheney but the patriot act was also passed by Congress. There are over three hundred politicians, dem and rep, also responsible for that.

You know what they did to hard cold SS nazis when captured on the battlefield? They shot them dead then and there. There was no gitmo,

I’m sorry IF you are going to war and risking your youth. You do not leave irredeemable killers like SS officers and Taliban commanders to live so they can try again. Try them and execute them or do it in the field.
It war, it is violent horrible business. It should be prosecuted quickly and definitely and brought to an end never to resurface.
Or it should not be ventured into,
Make that decision before you send troops off not after.
If cost lives to both sides and it should be so costly few will ever wish to return to it.
Fewer will die in the long over time because all sides will count the cost before they venture into it
In my opinion America undertook acts during the War on Terror as morally reprehensible as those undertaken by Al Qaeda (i can take particulaly note being in the LGBT community, knowing i and my other LGBT friends would be murdered in cold blood by the Taliban), and, does that mean that i want to strip any of the people involved in those actions (either of terroist attacks, or lying to the public for support of a war at great cost of civilian life) of their human rights, to be killed and tortured without trail? no. When America invaded Afghanistan they should have given any captured terrorists a fair trail before deciding what to do with them, instead of kidnapping them and torturing them. While it was morally dubious on its own, the Invasion of Iraq makes me view 9/11 as a horrific start to a saga of needless death.