Ability to Delete or Edit Disabled

DarkNoon

Power Poster
You guys need to or at least should bring back the ability to delete your own post. The second you post, that post is permanently there. Its helpful for members because of double posting like I do all the time on my phone here.

Also editing is disabled after a hour. There isn't one forums, no social media platforms that don't allow you to go back and edit your posts period.

Fix it please.

Last edited:

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
I'll look into the ability to delete posts. I don't know if there is a time limit on there though.

We limit editing so people can't go back and try and hide their postings.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
We limit editing so people can't go back and try and hide their postings.
Well that's silly. If you go back and edit your post after a hour, mostly everyone would of already read it. So not like someone can go back and take back whatever they said.

To limit your own post for editing after a hour kinda silly really. It would be handy for me for many reasons, not one reason would be to go back and erase something I said a hour after posting. Lol

DarkNoon

Power Poster
We don't want people going back and trying to change history.
Well I guess I am different. I don't know anyone here personally, nor any of you know who I am. So have no regrets and don't care what people think of me here. No need for me to go back and edit what I say at least. You like me cool, you hate me also cool I don't know you. Haha

I use editing to add something I missed in reporting, correct spelling mistakes, & change thread title.

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
That's because you're a normal, responsible adult. :)
Well I am not normal, major prepper here. :sneaky: My tendency to be anal or abnormal come from a long line of rich whack job assholes &/or political career elitists where not being responsible is not a choice.

The luxury of saying whatever I want is not a option. Find myself holding myself back here quite a lot. Not because what you guys think of me, but no one can guarantee my identity won't stay secret on here. Anything I say could one day be used against me here.

So I make sure I am responsible on here, keep my head high, & try not to step into the gutter with arguments here. Though being retired gives me more room to scuff out arguments or speak my truth to a degree here.

Last edited:

Travis The Dragon

It would be also nice if we could edit titles of threads that we create in case we mess something up in the title. I've been on other forums that allow editing of posts and thread titles and members trying to go back and change things has never been a problem and I don't think it would be here. Why not try allowing it and see what happens? If it becomes a problem, you can always change things back.

Travis The Dragon

It looks like we can now edit posts. Thanks for enabling that @DEFCON Warning System Also, I believe you can see any edits that have been made to posts as well as the original post that was edited so you'll know if someone tries to change something they posted.

OK, I deleted what I wrote here before. Can you see all the changes?