• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Artemis

Blackwell team is working to de-tank rocket fuel. Liquid oxygen tanks where 100% full. The hydrogen tank was only 11% filled when the leak was detected. The leak is in the drain line so will be a bit of a concern as they de-tank the rocket fuel...

:cry:
Third time's a charm, eh?

That is a significant rapid expansion of gas. Quite a burn!
It’s a good thing but given the times and the size of those booster burns it seems eerily more like an escaping rocket from a dying planet, I know I’m being too maudlin.
Those were just damn big booster flames curious what the thrust was.
I know look it up! 3.6 million lbs of thrust.

Those were just damn big booster flames curious what the thrust was.
I know look it up! 3.6 million lbs of thrust.
I didn’t look it up but I think I read it’s not 3.6 million it’s more like 8.8 million pounds.

Easy enough to check:
From NASA WEBSITE

- FAST FACTS -

SPACE LAUNCH SYSTEM ROCKET
The most powerful rocket in the world, designed to send humans to deep space.

HEIGHT — 322 feet
MASS AT LIFTOFF — 5.75 million pounds
THRUST AT LIFTOFF — 8.8 million pounds
PAYLOAD TO THE MOON — 59,000 pounds

Man, I would have loved to be there to watch them light that candle! :love:
I was at an Apollo launch. Back then you could actually go IN the vehicle assembly building and see the next Rocket they were assembling. They even had a taped off and squared area that they let me, as a kid, touch. Of course it was the bottom 1st stage and didn’t go very far but as a kid I thought it went to the moon! I was very proud. Later I was there when they Launched the last Apollo. The shaking inside my body was epic as the noise hit you like a wave. I became a military pilot because of that moment.
😎

Last edited: