As Afghan Forces Crumble, an Air of Unreality Grips the Capital

Ben Dhyani

To early to represent a military event, but if the NYT has it right, it is heading that way between Afghan Army and Taliban.
With the Taliban advancing and U.S. troops leaving, President Ashraf Ghani and his aides have become increasingly insular, and Kabul is slipping into shock.
With his military crumbling, President Ashraf Ghani of Afghanistan fired a crucial part of his command structure and brought in a new one. He created a nebulous “supreme state council,” announced months ago, that has hardly met. And as districts fall to the Taliban across the country, he has installed a giant picture of himself outside the airport’s domestic terminal
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/02/world/asia/afghanistan-withdrawal-taliban.html

DarkNoon

Power Poster

US updating evacuation plans for embassy in Afghanistan amid concerns for potential of escalating violence​

US updating evacuation plans for embassy in Afghanistan amid concerns for potential of escalating violence​

Last edited:

rudemarine

Power Poster
I cant say I did not see this coming. I just hope our government was not dumb enough to dump or destroy a bunch of valuable hardware on its way out. I say we let the rats come out of hiding and while they are marching to a city, drop some MOABS on their asses.