• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Asteroid activity near Earth is on the rise

That's what I've been saying for a while... "I think we should invest in space defense... besides a laser that can guide Asteroids away if they are far enough.

There have been so many cry wolf scenario that have occurred, I just don't believe anything asteroid or comet stories anymore no matter what.

The only way Ill believe in such things is if the Goverment where to issue a warning. Not a news site, YouTube, or social media.

Its funny but this is the ONLY thing I'd trust the Government on if they where to issue a warning. :ROFLMAO:

Side note, anyone think the Goverment would warn of a incoming asteroid say big enough to wipe out just a city?

Than anyone believe the Government would warn about a planetary ending event from space?

Though I would assume this would eventual leak to public, how would the government be able to keep such a story underwraps if the planet was gonna die with evidence.

besides a laser that can guide Asteroids away if they are far enough.
You don't need a laser to defend against Asteroids. You just need a triangle ship that spins around and shoots little dots at them!

No... our only defense currently is the laser that shoots against them that slowly guides them off.

It’s interesting to scroll through the comments under the video posted! There’s a lot of opinions and theories there. I personally don’t Think we will be told about the end or poss end. Too much mass chaos. I’m not sure I would want to know if it’s definite and nothing I can do

Worry when you don't see much news about asteroids, it's relatively easy to track and plot a trajectory for most astronomers, even amateur ones. They'd never show us if something was to hit.

Not much precaution you can take if a mile wide asteroid is about to hit right over your city.