Attack On Taiwan An Option To Stop Independence, Top China General Says

rudemarine

Last time I checked Taiwan has been pretty independent already Mr. Chicom General :LOL:. They will hate it when F-16s swarm out of those mountain bunkers like a giant group of pissed off Hornets nest.

krzepice1976

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
#China #PLARF a possible #HGV #DF17 test was conducted today UTC 0810-0815 6/13/2020 over #occupied #EastTurkestan #Xinjiang hit target in designated missile test range.
Indicates #CCP #propaganda against #Taiwan missile tests& #India's bold stand to stop #PRC expansionism. https://t.co/bJotM2P4Nr

rudemarine

This would hurt

I say load up a few Ballistic missile destroyers and a tanker full of Harpoons for sale and have a port call to Taiwan's harbor, then have our destroyers stay there for the period of their deployment. Let China put that in their pipe and smoke it.

krzepice1976

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
王海运少将:我主张尽快将武统台湾提上日程 PLA Major General Wang Haiyun calls for intensifying preparation to “unify Taiwan by force” as “seizing Taiwan within a week is not a problem” (But the US, he admits, is “the biggest difficulty”) https://t.co/sjL6kKZyLJ

KimPossible

Power Poster
Well....

Since the late 1990s many supporters of Taiwan independence have argued that Taiwan, as the ROC, is already independent from the mainland, making a formal declaration unnecessary.

Not sure how China is going to stop something that is already been since the 90s.

Also the United States isn't really their biggest problem. Taiwan has very much the capability to strike almost every major city in China. Not with nukes but missiles, good enough to f*** s*** up.

So to me this is all just hot air from China and would not take it seriously even a little. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Obreid

Power Poster
Maybe, China is Having difficulty at home and abroad.
list Of problems is too numerous to mention.
I still hold some concern they might lash out with an military adventure.
We need to be absolutely clear with them it won’t be ignored or not responded to in kind.

Japan’s decision for F-35’s for first strike option is one such message.
For thirty years America has been ambiguous about our possible response.
This has been a cataclysmic mistake and insinuated to China this behaviour is acceptable.
Now we’re here they’ve clearly gone down this path and their forced to back down or filollow thru. Not a good situation

KimPossible

Power Poster
Maybe, China is Having difficulty at home and abroad.
list Of problems is too numerous to mention.
I still hold some concern they might lash out with an military adventure.
We need to be absolutely clear with them it won’t be ignored or not responded to in kind.

Japan’s decision for F-35’s for first strike option is one such message.
For thirty years America has been ambiguous about our possible response.
This has been a cataclysmic mistake and insinuated to China this behaviour is acceptable.
Now we’re here they’ve clearly gone down this path and their forced to back down or filollow thru. Not a good situation
Even cornered into a flight or fight option, China knows just Taiwan alone is capable of inflicting unacceptable damage.

Now we are just talking Tawain, with US backing them the loss to China would be by far to much unacceptable damage even if the US just provided logistics, ammo, weapons.

Obreid

Power Poster
Not linked directly to China / Taiwan impasse and threats but it speaks to china’s technological competency and list of setbacks they’ve experienced and how it could impact their decision making.
It’s not that I disagree with Kim that Taiwan could inflict significant damage to China initially. That and they would be a resilient people to have to overcome and subdue.
But if China were to be left unchallenged from the US and others inevitably Taiwan would fall.
The loss of life would be unimaginable.
Likely the means for China to do this short of wide spread bombardment would be to disable their power, sanitation and transportation infrastructure. Then try to impose a blockaid hoping that the US would not respond.
Thinking they achieve this quickly and we don’t respond eventually the island nation would have to fold.
With no power or sanitation people would quickly sucomb to diseases that would follow even before starvation in their densely packed cities.
It’s not a prediction - it’s just a scenario where loss of life could be blamed not on Chinese killing thousands. One where they could blame it on the stubborn wrong thinking Taiwanese leadership for not submitting to Beijing’s rightfull claims.