• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Azerbaijan may start military offensive

Give some really good reasons why you think the level should be 4 and remember that Turkey does not have nukes.
personally i'm not saying we should move to 4, but turkey has US nukes stored in their territory which also brings us to the fact that unfortunately, they're a nato member.

Last edited:
personally i'm not saying we should move to 4, but turkey has US nukes stored in their territory which also brings us to the fact that unfortunately, they're a nato member.
As previously stated, those weapons, if they're still there, are US property. Turkey cannot access them, arm them, or detonate them.

As to them being a member of NATO, the charter is very clear on aggression by a member state. NATO is under o obligation to come to Turkey's aid since they are participating as an aggressor in a war against non-NATO members. They're on their own with this clusterfuck, wherever it goes.

As previously stated, those weapons, if they're still there, are US property. Turkey cannot access them, arm them, or detonate them.

As to them being a member of NATO, the charter is very clear on aggression by a member state. NATO is under o obligation to come to Turkey's aid since they are participating as an aggressor in a war against non-NATO members. They're on their own with this clusterfuck, wherever it goes.

If Russia, who has military relations with Armenia, decides to join in and strike Turkey directly, would that trigger a NATO response, or would it still be seen as Turkey's problem since they got involved in this war to begin with?

If Russia, who has military relations with Armenia, decides to join in and strike Turkey directly, would that trigger a NATO response, or would it still be seen as Turkey's problem since they got involved in this war to begin with?

The latter. Turkey involved themselves in a war, siding with the aggressors, and NATO would ignore any request for military assistance if Turkey starts getting its ass kicked later.

At least, that's how it *should* play out according to the charter. But this is 2020, so anything can happen.

If Turkey really wanted to start a war with the US they could overun the base and get hands on with those nuclear weapons, if they are still there and whoever is in charge of them does not destroy them in time. I doubt they are there anymore.

If Turkey really wanted to start a war with the US they could overun the base and get hands on with those nuclear weapons, if they are still there and whoever is in charge of them does not destroy them in time. I doubt they are there anymore.
I agree. The strategic value of having nukes in Turkey is not what it once was, especially considering how squirrelly Erdogan has been acting of late.

For everyone’s background,
@BabakTaghvaee1
posted a video showing Armenia’s Iskander-E ballistic missiles, which now may be used to target #Baku after #Azerbaijan fired 2 ballistic missiles at #Yerevan.
@TheWarMonitor

@Natsecjeff

@IntelCrab