• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

UA-RU | January 22nd-26th | REPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you call 12 districts of reservists is a part of regular 2-3 days gatherings for basic military exercises for conscripts which are held all over Russia every now and then. This one happened from 24 Jan to 26 Jan, was held in various regions of the Central Military district and included about 9000 participants. I don't see how it is connected with Ukrainian invasion. With that logic, you can claim anything being connected. Like there was a nuclear buzzer check in Moscow last year, does that mean Moscow is getting ready for an immenent nuclear strike?

They only recently claimed every deployment so far is an exercise which is a load of crap. Russia has made nothing but threats for weeks, saying they will make their own security situation better if NATO doesn’t!

Loved ones were not balling their eyes out hugging them as the men left to get on the train for a dam exercise!

They would have announced it beforehand but it gives Putin an out if he decides not to attack so he doesn’t look like a wussy to his people in his party!
They have encircled Ukraine as much as they can and it’s not an exercise though you can call it a picnic for all I care.

The woodpecker has been going for decades and has gone off and on since the fall of the Berlin Wall, nobody knows exactly what it’s for but Russian spooks!

Alexei Zaitsev, Deputy Director of the Information and Press Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: “We consider unacceptable even the idea of a war between our peoples”.

The MOEX stock market reacted positively to his words, gaining 4% during the day, and RUB gaining about 3% to USD.
if it realy doesn't want war why doesn't it prove this by handing back all the territory it's seized off Ukraine and georgia and stop backing seperatists in moldova.

My opinion is that even with the forces in Belarus, it's extremely unlikely that Russia will make a play for all of Ukraine. Holding that much territory, while possible, would be incredibly costly for the Russians. The worst case scenario is, imo, a partition of Ukraine where they split the country down the Dnepir River, leaving the western half of the country relatively unscathed as a buffer with the West.

An encirclement of Kyiv would probably be in the cards as well to create the conditions required for regime change. This all assumes the Russians choose a full invasion of Ukraine, which is possible, but it would make more sense for them to do something a little more underhanded than that.

They don’t need to hold all of it, just the Capital and important cities and strategic assets! After Putin installs his puppet government and 90 percent of the Ukrainian fighters have been dealt with they can slowly start pulling troops out while the better forces go hunting for the rest!

They only recently claimed every deployment so far is an exercise which is a load of crap. Russia has made nothing but threats for weeks, saying they will make their own security situation better if NATO doesn’t!

Loved ones were not balling their eyes out hugging them as the men left to get on the train for a dam exercise!

They would have announced it beforehand but it gives Putin an out if he decides not to attack so he doesn’t look like a wussy to his people in his party!
They have encircled Ukraine as much as they can and it’s not an exercise though you can call it a picnic for all I care.

The woodpecker has been going for decades and has gone off and on since the fall of the Berlin Wall, nobody knows exactly what it’s for but Russian spooks!
I give up arguing with something like "Loved ones were hugging" as an argument, it's useless. Let's just see in two month (or whatever new deadline will be thrown).

Status
Not open for further replies.