• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Bathroom tissue part two

I am pretty left leaning but I damned well saw the writing on the wall last year all the way in January. I stocked up. A co-worker saw me at the store after work so I got roasted for being a tinfoil moon bat at the office the next day. All those supplies kept me out of the stores back when nobody had masks. I feel like this helped save my bacon. Also, had more than enough potty paper to be nice and comfortable through the lockdowns. I will never ridicule preppers again. I witnessed people clinging to 'normal' so hard they had no idea what was going down because they were just too busy going through the motions of their lives to be aware what was heading their way. Hell, at the end of February I asked my supervisor if we as a company were taking any steps against Coronavirus (Not yet named COVID-19). Her answer was "What's a Coronavirus?" And I was like that's been all over the news! "Oh, I don't watch the news." Holy shit! Everything seems to be designed socially in this country where you are not supposed to even think about what's happening outside your sphere. That's considered cringe. And I think some on both the left AND right can agree this is outright insanity to live this way. I can also with 100% certainty tell yah like literally no one except like a handful of American citizens knows or cares about this Ukraine thing. Fuck, even in the highly unlikely event we reach a point where the air raid sirens go nobody will know what the fuck is going on because the first time they will even realize something is going down is when the bombs literally start dropping. That is how absolutely removed from geo-politics/self absorbed the American people are. If there is ever a really, really bad thing like even worse than Covid-19 kind of bad they'll just kind of stand there and get slaughtered. That is a powerful ignorance right there. Covid-19 itself killed a whole lotta people that simply did not have the time to acknowledge an existential crisis when 'there were kids to raise and bills to pay'.

Got lots of leaves where I live. Just have to watch out for poison ivy.

even in the highly unlikely event we reach a point where the air raid sirens go nobody will know what the **** is going on because the first time they will even realize something is going down is when the bombs literally start dropping. That is how absolutely removed from geo-politics/self absorbed the American people are.
I wish I could disagree with you.

I am pretty left leaning but I damned well saw the writing on the wall last year all the way in January. I stocked up. A co-worker saw me at the store after work so I got roasted for being a tinfoil moon bat at the office the next day. All those supplies kept me out of the stores back when nobody had masks. I feel like this helped save my bacon. Also, had more than enough potty paper to be nice and comfortable through the lockdowns. I will never ridicule preppers again. I witnessed people clinging to 'normal' so hard they had no idea what was going down because they were just too busy going through the motions of their lives to be aware what was heading their way. Hell, at the end of February I asked my supervisor if we as a company were taking any steps against Coronavirus (Not yet named COVID-19). Her answer was "What's a Coronavirus?" And I was like that's been all over the news! "Oh, I don't watch the news." Holy shit! Everything seems to be designed socially in this country where you are not supposed to even think about what's happening outside your sphere. That's considered cringe. And I think some on both the left AND right can agree this is outright insanity to live this way. I can also with 100% certainty tell yah like literally no one except like a handful of American citizens knows or cares about this Ukraine thing. Fuck, even in the highly unlikely event we reach a point where the air raid sirens go nobody will know what the fuck is going on because the first time they will even realize something is going down is when the bombs literally start dropping. That is how absolutely removed from geo-politics/self absorbed the American people are. If there is ever a really, really bad thing like even worse than Covid-19 kind of bad they'll just kind of stand there and get slaughtered. That is a powerful ignorance right there. Covid-19 itself killed a whole lotta people that simply did not have the time to acknowledge an existential crisis when 'there were kids to raise and bills to pay'.
and thus this is why preppers prep.
Just don’t fool yourself though. If something like the worst happens a closet full of TP won’t help if the water and sewer fail.
Make sure you have a shovel handy, maybe a beach shelter for privacy 😂
Crunchy snow works great, month in the cascades no TP and no monkey but.

I’ve only missed easy access to one thing, 409 cleaner.
Well that and sanity, truth in media, and peace on earth.