• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Biblical Events

Is Jesus God
I don't think understanding the Trinity is necessary to salvation. All that Jesus said is that we needed to believe he came in the flesh, died, and rose again. If we place our faith in him, then we are saved. Understanding the Godhead is cool, but not necessary.

(I want to caveat that by reminding people that even the demons believe...and tremble. Jesus wants you to "repent and follow [him]." That is where a lot of people get stuck. The following part.)

So perhaps we should backtrack and get into a grudge match about the holy trinity and go around and around etc etc...
That would be better for another thread rather than continuing to hijack this one.

I don't think understanding the Trinity is necessary to salvation. All that Jesus said is that we needed to believe he came in the flesh, died, and rose again. If we place our faith in him, then we are saved. Understanding the Godhead is cool, but not necessary.

(I want to caveat that by reminding people that even the demons believe...and tremble. Jesus wants you to "repent and follow [him]." That is where a lot of people get stuck. The following part.)

That would be better for another thread rather than continuing to hijack this one.
That is a lie, and incorrect information that I want all on the board to understand is a lie. Simply puting faith in Jesus, does not mean you are saved. Even the Apostle Paul said: "I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow." - 1 Corinthians 9:27. Yes even the apostle Paul was aware that he could become "disapproved" if he did not continue to adhere to God's standards.

He is all those things. All things were made by him and for him and through him.
You tell me where I said as you quoted "Jesus is superior to the prophets, angels, and Moses." That may be true, but I did not say that. You should work for CNN and continue your ridiculous false reporting.

None of this is beneficial.
When Defcon quotes something I did not say, then Defcon is a lier. This is a simple truth. Whether benificial or not, the simple fact of the matter is Defcon is willing to alter truth, which is never beneficial.

We can go on and on about differences in opinion, but Defcon quoted me as saying something I did not. This is where the issue arises.

When Defcon quotes something I did not say, then Defcon is a lier.
Here is what you said:

That is a lie, and incorrect information that I want all on the board to understand is a lie. Simply puting faith in Jesus, does not mean you are saved.

Here is what I said, and you quoted it:

It is in this post where you quoted it:

Here is what you said:

Here is what I said, and you quoted it:

It is in this post where you quoted it:

You must be smoking the good stuff they smoke Colorado. What? Where are you getting this from? If I look through all my posts, I do not find anything you are saying!

Yawn. I try not to step on others here but here I go,.. this is the most boring and useless topics I have ever read on here.

Fun to watch people get all heated & opiouinated over belief. Not that anyone can be sure they is fact as religious beliefs are not prusumabale as facts in any court of law where I am from THANK GOODNESS!

Makes me feel as if I am back at my old meeting table though,.. back in a place I can't discuss. ;)

this is the most boring and useless topics I have ever read on here.

Fun to watch people get all heated & opiouinated over belief.
I try not to be argumentative, and try never to make personal attacks. I just present the facts and it is up to the other person to accept, question, or reject.

There are some things that are not important. Like I mentioned above, understanding the Godhead is not one of them.

But there are some things that are important and worth pursuing. Jesus said he is the way, the truth, and the life, and that no one comes to the Father but through him. So if someone says there are other ways to God, that is something worth going further on.

If someone believes in multiple gods, that is something worth talking about, because God said there are no other Gods.

This is "Anything Goes," after all.

Guys, I made this subtopic to make conjectures on bible quotes on events in our days. I even asked to keep it moderate. I did not intent you to go at each other.. We are not here to hate but to discuss all the parts that yould match. Why are you going so far and attacking others personally? I'm not gonna quote anything i find immature from you but i have to say iam quite astonished how this sub is beeing used. So once again please keep it moderate, and if you do not agree, write it in a manner way. Were not 3th graders anymore..