• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Biblical Events

Vortex

Were living in strange times. Noone knows what messed up thing will happen tomorrow if not even today. I for my part never was a strong believer of the teachings of Christianity, but somehow I got myself into it, and now it's 2020, a year full of pleagues, famines, natural disasters and violence & hatred in biblical proportions. I am not saying the world is going to end in the next months, but there is too much going on in the world that pretty much lines up with gods word.

There are allready fullfilled prophecys of the Bible. Yes, they are in the past and noone can check if it's true, but keep in mind that theres even more to come.

The prophet Danielgave some amazing details about how the future wouldunfold. In Daniel’s prophecy of the Seventy Weeks(Daniel 9:24–27), heprophesied both the first and second comings of Christ. He also predicted that four world empires would successively arise over the span of hundreds of years—Babylon, then Medo-Persia, followed by Greece, and finally Rome (Daniel 2:31–45; 7:1–28). In Daniel 11:29–31, he predicted a king would arise and desecrate the temple in Jerusalem. This was fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanes slaughtered a pig on the altar of the Jewish temple and erected an altar to the god Zeus in 168 BC. The prophet Micahlived over 700years before Christ. God communicated a specific future event to this prophet, which was recorded in the Hebrew Bible:“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from
long ago, from the days of eternity” (Micah 5:2). Out of all the cities in the world, Micah predicted that Bethlehem would be the location where the Messiah would be born. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, fulfilling the prophecy.

The prophet Zechariahpredicted the Messiah would be betrayed for thirty pieces of silver, which was fulfilled when Judas betrayed Jesus.

The prophet Isaiah, writing 700years before Christ, predictedthe Messiah would be scourged (Isaiah 53:5; John 19:1) and buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9; Matt.27:60).

Those watching the crucifixion would wag their heads (Psalm 22:7; 109:25)1,000 BCMark 15:29; Matt.27:39
Those watching the crucifixion would mock Him for not saving Himself (Ps.22:8)1,000 BC

Matthew 27:41–43 He would pray for those crucifying Him (Isaiah 53:12)740–680 BC
Luke 23:34 He would be given vinegar to drink (Ps.69:21)1,000 BCMatt.27:34“Why hast thou forsaken me?” (Ps.22:1)1,000 BC
Matt.27:46 "Into thine hand I commit my spirit” (Ps.31:5)1,000 BC
Luke 23:46 His side would be pierced (Zech.12:10)470 BC
John 19:34, 37 None of the Messiah’s bones would be broken (Psalm 34:20)1,000 BC
John 19:32–36 He would be buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9)740–680 BC
Matthew 27:57–60 He would be dead for three days and three nights (Jonah 1:17)760 BC
Matthew 12:40 He would descend into hell (Psalm 16:10; 49:15)1,000 BC
Acts 2:27, 31; Eph.4:9 The Messiah would be resurrected from dead (Psalm 16:10; 30:3)1,000 BC
Acts 2:31; 13:33–35 Through His resurrection He would swallow up death in victory (Isaiah 25:8)740–680 BC
1Cor.15:54 He would ascend into heaven (Psalm 68:18)1,000 BC
Acts 1:9; Eph.4:8–10 He would be seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven (Psalm 110:1)1,000 BC
Acts 2:34–35; Col.3: He would be a priest according to the order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110:4)1,000 BC
Hebrews 5:6, 10; 6:20 TheMessiah would be a light to the entire world, including non-Jews (Isaiah 42:6; 49:6)740–680 BC

I think maybe it would be nice to discuss a few of the latest events that could be prophycied in the bible. Please keep it moderate and clean tho. I for a fact know that this is a very sensitive subject and has the tension to drive some people into insanity and paranoia. Also we don't do conspiracy here. Stick with the facts and if this is not for you, I dont want to see any trollposts or talking down the believes of someone else. I hope these few easy rules can be

The biggest Question is; are the current events unfolding around the globe a sign of the last days?
I personally don't know, but I assume that are at least steps in this direction.
Maybe iam wrong, but we all do not know. That's why we guess and think about stuff.

We have currently a lot of events that could fit very well in the future prophecys of the bible.

Last edited:
are the current events unfolding around the globe a sign of the last days?

When people refer to "The Last Days," I believe they are generally talking about the last seven years mentioned in various prophecies, most famously in Revelation.

I personally don't believe we are there. I think we are seeing "birth pangs" and minor judgements. But not the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Yet.

To be fair, almost every generation since the New Testament was written has believed they were in the "last days" and could point to "proof" of it in the world around them.

Doesn't mean you're wrong about your assessments; but a lot of people have made the same claims over the past 2,000 years.

Full disclosure: I'm an atheist. But I'm an educated atheist and I can argue or debate Christian (or Muslim) philosophies without disrespecting anyone.

Currently I am keeping a close eye on these Abraham Accords. The planned proposals are very interesting moving forward.

Peace will come in its time & not on man's timeline. So we will just have to keep watch.

I personally don't believe we are there. I think we are seeing "birth pangs" and minor judgements.
Definately a good point here. As I understood it, it will get way worse then the things we have also there is a lot of not yet fulfilled things.
Minor wars, rumours of wars, ethnic groups fighting the same ethnic groups etc. are just small indicators.

To be fair, almost every generation since the New Testament was written has believed they were in the "last days" and could point to "proof" of it in the world around them.
I agree with you here, too. but the technical advance of humanity is the one point what differs very much from the old generations.
Daniel wrote about way advanced technologys, so unknown to this time, that he was told to shut the book until the time comes, when we would understand it.
And yes I also understand that every current generation is the most advanced in technology, but as soon as we hit the time of implementation of technology into example: human brains, or even a RFID chip, would be this time in my oppinion. (Mark of the Beast)
It would not be necessarily be that, because none knows, but its a point, no generation ever before us was so close to accomplish.

Full disclosure: I'm an atheist. But I'm an educated atheist and I can argue or debate Christian (or Muslim) philosophies without disrespecting anyone.
I also was an Atheist, and informed myself (Only Christianity). So I maybe can see whats happening. Now I kinda don't know where to go from here. Time will tell I guess. Maybe it's true, maybe not. But as it seems like I rather believe that it's true.

I try to get some yet unfulfilled prophecys here and list them, so we can check on them once in a while.

Happy to see that some members are interessted in this sensitive topic :)

It is said that the times will be like the days of Noah. Honestly, I can't imagine how Noah's time could be any worse than this.

I think it's more like that people turn away from god and act more egoistic in that aspect.
Noah was the guy with "The end is near"-Signs on the street, because he knew that the world will perish. He got mocked and just did his thing, and even while doing just his thing people sill laughed at him.

And then the flood came.

Due to recent events in the middle east, i find it appropriate to cover up some upcoming prophecys regarding Damascus, Israel and at another point Iran.

Damascus

“The burden of Damascus” refers to the capital city of Syria. This chapter is contemporaneous with (chapter 7), and predicts the downfall of the coalition between Syria and Ephraim.

Isaiah 17:1
"The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

This is just a prophecy from Isaiah that Damascus will be destroyed. Damascus was one of the earliest cities in the area. It was thought to be the earliest by many historians. The destruction will not be partial, but will be so terrible that nothing will be left of the city.

This could imply, that some country probably is gonna nuke it. I, for my part, think that this would be Israel.

Jerusalem

Zechariah 12:2.
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

This is a promise of God’s abounding mercy to his chosen people Israel. When he comes to their aid, they shall be a cup of trembling to their enemies. Those enemies will try to swallow them, but they will find that they are drinking a cup of poison, which will cause their own death. Oh that the day might soon come when God would remember his ancient people, the Jews, and bring them back to their own land, as he certainly will do in the fullness of time, and when he has done it, then it shall come to pass that all who fight against them shall find his people to be as a cup of trembling to them. This promise, which is to be literally fulfilled to God’s chosen people, the seed of Abraham, is also spiritually true to all believers. Christian, your enemies cannot really hurt you. If they could drink you up, as men drink a cup of wine, you would be a cup of trembling to them, they would find that they had taken in more than they wanted. All the persecutors of the Church of God, in smiting this stone, have themselves been broken on it. They have found that they have undertaken a task which has ended in their own destruction. Woe unto the man who fights against the Church of the living God! Victory must always come to the Lord’s people, for greater is he who is with them than all that can be against them.

Zechariah 12:3.
And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

This is true literally, but it is also true spiritually. As the Church of God is to be a cup of trembling to its enemies, so is it also to be a burdensome stone. They do not like it, they cannot bear it. They would, if they could, get rid of the spiritual Church of God; but they cannot get rid of it. There it is: — a stone, cut out of the mountain without hands, which will grow until it fills the whole earth, and breaks in pieces everything that opposes it. Those who set themselves against God, and against his Christ shall find themselves crushed to atoms by this mighty stone.

Zechariah 12:5-6.
And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God. In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

The literal prophecy is that the seed of Israel shall go back to their own land and shall prevail over their adversaries; but the spiritual meaning is that the Church of God shall have great power among the people of the earth. They shall have fire put into them, — the fire of the Holy Ghost; and they shall be like a lighted firebrand amongst the wood, or as a flaming torch in a sheaf of corn; and you know how soon the sheaf would be burnt up. If God has put within you fire from heaven, you will be sure to burn, and those with whom you live will soon feel the flame. Place one really gracious man in any district and if he is thoroughly on fire with the Holy Spirit, it will be like throwing a blazing firebrand into a field of dry corn. What a conflagration will there be! The Lord send us many such blessed burnings!

It is said that the times will be like the days of Noah. Honestly, I can't imagine how Noah's time could be any worse than this.
In the days of Noah you had Nephilim Giants running around everywhere eating people. Now we only have their smaller hairy decendants hiding in the woods. Did you forget how bad it was in World war one let alone two? That time was worse than today without the exact indicators spoken of in Revelations. Yes we are quickly ramping up to the Tribulation but a major war happens in the middle east against Israel first to kick it off.

Were living in strange times. Noone knows what messed up thing will happen tomorrow if not even today. I for my part never was a strong believer of the teachings of Christianity, but somehow I got myself into it, and now it's 2020, a year full of pleagues, famines, natural disasters and violence & hatred in biblical proportions. I am not saying the world is going to end in the next months, but there is too much going on in the world that pretty much lines up with gods word.

There are allready fullfilled prophecys of the Bible. Yes, they are in the past and noone can check if it's true, but keep in mind that theres even more to come.

The prophet Danielgave some amazing details about how the future wouldunfold. In Daniel’s prophecy of the Seventy Weeks(Daniel 9:24–27), heprophesied both the first and second comings of Christ. He also predicted that four world empires would successively arise over the span of hundreds of years—Babylon, then Medo-Persia, followed by Greece, and finally Rome (Daniel 2:31–45; 7:1–28). In Daniel 11:29–31, he predicted a king would arise and desecrate the temple in Jerusalem. This was fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanes slaughtered a pig on the altar of the Jewish temple and erected an altar to the god Zeus in 168 BC. The prophet Micahlived over 700years before Christ. God communicated a specific future event to this prophet, which was recorded in the Hebrew Bible:“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from
long ago, from the days of eternity” (Micah 5:2). Out of all the cities in the world, Micah predicted that Bethlehem would be the location where the Messiah would be born. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, fulfilling the prophecy.

The prophet Zechariahpredicted the Messiah would be betrayed for thirty pieces of silver, which was fulfilled when Judas betrayed Jesus.

The prophet Isaiah, writing 700years before Christ, predictedthe Messiah would be scourged (Isaiah 53:5; John 19:1) and buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9; Matt.27:60).

Those watching the crucifixion would wag their heads (Psalm 22:7; 109:25)1,000 BCMark 15:29; Matt.27:39
Those watching the crucifixion would mock Him for not saving Himself (Ps.22:8)1,000 BC

Matthew 27:41–43 He would pray for those crucifying Him (Isaiah 53:12)740–680 BC
Luke 23:34 He would be given vinegar to drink (Ps.69:21)1,000 BCMatt.27:34“Why hast thou forsaken me?” (Ps.22:1)1,000 BC
Matt.27:46 "Into thine hand I commit my spirit” (Ps.31:5)1,000 BC
Luke 23:46 His side would be pierced (Zech.12:10)470 BC
John 19:34, 37 None of the Messiah’s bones would be broken (Psalm 34:20)1,000 BC
John 19:32–36 He would be buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9)740–680 BC
Matthew 27:57–60 He would be dead for three days and three nights (Jonah 1:17)760 BC
Matthew 12:40 He would descend into hell (Psalm 16:10; 49:15)1,000 BC
Acts 2:27, 31; Eph.4:9 The Messiah would be resurrected from dead (Psalm 16:10; 30:3)1,000 BC
Acts 2:31; 13:33–35 Through His resurrection He would swallow up death in victory (Isaiah 25:8)740–680 BC
1Cor.15:54 He would ascend into heaven (Psalm 68:18)1,000 BC
Acts 1:9; Eph.4:8–10 He would be seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven (Psalm 110:1)1,000 BC
Acts 2:34–35; Col.3: He would be a priest according to the order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110:4)1,000 BC
Hebrews 5:6, 10; 6:20 TheMessiah would be a light to the entire world, including non-Jews (Isaiah 42:6; 49:6)740–680 BC

I think maybe it would be nice to discuss a few of the latest events that could be prophycied in the bible. Please keep it moderate and clean tho. I for a fact know that this is a very sensitive subject and has the tension to drive some people into insanity and paranoia. Also we don't do conspiracy here. Stick with the facts and if this is not for you, I dont want to see any trollposts or talking down the believes of someone else. I hope these few easy rules can be

The biggest Question is; are the current events unfolding around the globe a sign of the last days?
I personally don't know, but I assume that are at least steps in this direction.
Maybe iam wrong, but we all do not know. That's why we guess and think about stuff.

We have currently a lot of events that could fit very well in the future prophecys of the bible.
I'm not sure where to start as far as explaining some of this. First though, contrary to religious tradition, Jesus most certainly did not die on a cross. 1 Peter 2:24 says "He himself bore our sins in his body on a tree"-NIV

In Daniel 11:29–31, he predicted a king would arise and desecrate the temple in Jerusalem. This was fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanes slaughtered a pig on the altar of the Jewish temple and erected an altar to the god Zeus in 168 BC.
I would like to point out that Daniel 11:31 says the temple would be desecrated, but does not say Jerusalem. Verse 29 begins "at the appointed time", so these verses are fulfilled in our time, not at the time of Antiochus Epiphanes. These verses pertain to the time when NAZI Germany persecuted, killed, and suppressed true Christian believers. Verse 29 describes the all out invasion of NAZI Germany to invade the allies during WWII, but shows the "the West" or allied powers would prevail. Germany "lost heart" as it says in the verse. For more answers you can private message me.

All of Daniel Chapter 11 is describing what happens in the last days, leading up to Daniel 12:1 where Michael (Jesus) will stand up in behalf of his followers.

Last edited:
Double post please delete

First though, contrary to religious tradition, Jesus most certainly did not die on a cross.

Many testimonies about what was used in crucifixions do indeed talk about a cross-shape instrument.
Seneca the Younger recounts: "I see crosses there, not just of one kind but made in many different ways: some have their victims with head down to the ground; some impale their private parts; others stretch out their arms on the gibbet.
Frequently, however, there was a cross-piece attached either at the top to give the shape of a T (crux commissa) or just below the top, as in the form most familiar in Christian symbolism (crux immissa)
The most ancient image of a Roman crucifixion depicts an individual on a T-shaped cross. It is a graffito found in a taberna (hostel for wayfarers) in Puteoli, dating to the time of Trajan or Hadrian (late 1st century to early 2nd century AD).
To say that a cross was not used is just not historically accurate.
1 Peter 2:24 says "He himself bore our sins in his body on a tree"-NIV
The cross is often referred to a as a "tree" because it was made from a tree.

But historcally, the cross is generally the shape it took, though at times it was indeed a pole or stake.

where Michael (Jesus) will stand up in behalf of his followers.

Don Stewart :: Is It Possible to Identify Michael the Archangel with Jesus?​

Many testimonies about what was used in crucifixions do indeed talk about a cross-shape instrument.

To say that a cross was not used is just not historically accurate.

The cross is often referred to a as a "tree" because it was made from a tree.

But historcally, the cross is generally the shape it took, though at times it was indeed a pole or stake.
I will disagree with you on this one. Research shows the cross was an after fact adopted by the pagan form of Christianity, which I will call Christendom. Here is a scholarly explanation of the Greek word Stauros, which literally means "pole" or "stake". Yes the cross was used later, but not in Jesus' day.

As for the article by Don Stewart, it does not display knowledge of the bible. He cites Revelation 19:16 where it refers to Jesus having the name "King of Kings, Lord of Lords" written on his thigh. This is a title, and does not indicate Jesus is God. Similarly, Nebuchadnezzar was called "King of Kings" at Daniel 2:36.

Paul encouraged Christians to not be ignorant at 1 Corinthians 10:1. There he outlined the spiritual rock that guided them out of Egypt, Jesus. He is none other than "the Angel of God" who had been traveling in front of Israel's army. - Exodus 14:19

Why does Michael at Daniel 12:1 "protect" Daniel's people? (The Israelites, and later Christians) Because he, Jesus, was appointed by God as leader of the church/congregation. "And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be the head over everything for the church" - Ephesians 1:22
Jesus/Michael still answers to God. "The head of Christ, is God" -1 Corinthians 11:3

Last edited:
I will disagree with you on this one. Research shows the cross was an after fact adopted by the pagan form of Christianity,
The history does not point to that, but it really doesn't matter. If someone wants to believe that Jesus was crucified to a stake or to a cross, the main point is that he was crucified for our sins.

Why does Michael at Daniel 12:1 "protect" Daniel's people?
Because that was his assignment. There is nothing in the Bible which points to Michael being anything other than Michael.

Because that was his assignment. There is nothing in the Bible which points to Michael being anything other than Michael.

As soon as I started to read the STR article, the writer started contradicting himself. The wrong move is to quote Revelation 1:1 in this case, because it just exposes how people should read what the verse says. "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, WHICH GOD GAVE HIM." I don't know how people can rationalize that one. Seriously.

I don't think he quoted Rev 1:1 in the article.
In Hebrews 1–3, the author sets out to demonstrate that Jesus is superior to the prophets, angels, and Moses. We’re told Jesus is the ultimate revelation of God (1:1–2)

Jesus is superior to the prophets, angels, and Moses.
He is all those things. All things were made by him and for him and through him.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. - Colossians 1:16

He is all those things. All things were made by him and for him and through him.
That is true. But the fundamental and underlying issue that must be addressed is the question "Is Jesus God"? Most of the reasoning of the links you post, are assuming Jesus is God, and therfore the basis point for the arguments are baseless to begin with. So perhaps we should backtrack and get into a grudge match about the holy trinity and go around and around etc etc...