• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

BREAKING: Pilot Threatening to Crash Hijacked Aircraft Into WalMart in Mississippi

Wowww.
This is a small aircraft if I understand correctly. If he doesn't have hostages, we should just shoot him down imo. Like, I'm all for reasonable negotiations..... but a field is better than a walmart.

Wowww.
This is a small aircraft if I understand correctly. If he doesn't have hostages, we should just shoot him down imo. Like, I'm all for reasonable negotiations..... but a field is better than a walmart.
Not seeing any military response on radar right now.

Not seeing any military response on radar right now.
Yea I dont think they will, but they should. Why negotiate with one sicko who probally already made up his mind?

Pilot posted a "goodbye" message on social mediaScreenshot at 2022-09-03 10-47-33.png

Confirmation the plane has crashed at this point.

Pilot may have survived the crash. Plane is in one piece.

I want to know why the hell it wasn't blown out of the sky for how long it was in the air and the threats coming from pilot.

For how long it was in the air a fighter aircraft could of made it to the rogue plane with plenty of time to spare to shoot it down. Rogue or hijacked planes are no joke and kinda upset military action was not taken again given how long it was in the air.

I always thought that since 9/11 it's US policy to shoot down and ask questions later, obviously I was wrong.

Unless they had their transponders turned off, their were no fighters anywhere in the air within missile range of this guy. I was monitoring two different radar sites during the entire incident.

Also, he was in the air for approximately 4.5 hours, but most of that was over sparsely populated areas.

Finally, given his background, law enforcement probably understood that this was a mental/emotional person, not a terrorist.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Finally, given his background, law enforcement probably understood that this was a mental/emotional person, not a terrorist.
I am mentally ill, I have bipolar and a family member was having psychosis for a while (among others ive lived with and encountered).
I still say the plane should have been shot down. It turned out fine this time. Them being mentally ill is all the more reason to shoot it down.
It was irresponsible to not even deploy some level of military, at least to watch the situation and be able to react very quickly.