Catastrophic Failure: 12 Story Building Collapses Like Pancakes-(Miami, FL)

Obreid

Power Poster
I would be really nervous and asking a lot of questions if I lived in one of those other high rise condos along that barrier island

DarkNoon

Power Poster
There still is after 25 hours no other survivors pulled from the rubble. We still stand at 99 missing, families are receiving counseling to expect the worse but of course keep hope....

Time Stamp 6/25 2:30 am EST

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
There are now 159 people officially missing..... No one else has yet to be pulled from rubble.... Not much else has changed.

Time Stamp 6/25 9:04 am EST

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Nothing at all has changed in almost 40 hours orher than how many are missing.

No dead, no survivors, no news at all since the very early morning....

Looks like original assessments are right. This will be a high casualty event and any survivors chance of survival is next to zero going on the third night tonight.....

Time Stamp 6/25 8:28 pm EST

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
This isn't official just my view of it with some facts thrown in. Not a single person has been pulled out alive in the past closing 50 hours. So I will stop closely following this and giving updates anymore as they come out.

This story has run a end and will only get more tragically sad,.. don't expect miracles.

They should now switch to the investigation phase and only to body retrieval not rescues.

Time Stamp 6/26 12:42 am EST

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Here are the head lines from the past closing 24 hours:

• Engineer raised concerns about structural damage at Surfside condominium in 2018 report

• Surfside mayor recommends residents of Champlain North Tower to evacuate

• Surfside mayor on 2018 structural report: Unclear what steps were taken to "address those cracks"

• Roof repair permit issued for Champlain Towers day before partial collapse

• No other victims have been found following the condo collapse, Miami-Dade mayor says

• Miami-Dade mayor says the fire at rescue site is hampering search efforts

• Structural engineering company that inspected building in 2018 says it 'detailed significant cracks and breaks in the concrete' and gave estimate for 'extensive and necessary repairs'

• 5 people are now confirmed dead and 156 are still missing, mayor says

Time Stamp 6/26 7:43 pm EST

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
^^^^
I will give a update once every 24 hours of major headlines as the news from this is slow and likly no miracle stories.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
  • Some families frustrated by pace of search and rescue efforts..

• Surfside mayor promises endless commitment until everybody is found in the rubble..

• Miami-Dade mayor says fire that hampered search efforts is now "under control"..

• Vice mayor of Sunny Isles Beach expresses concerns about older residential buildings in her city..

• Engineer who inspected condo in 2020 said he saw cracks and deterioration but was not alarmed..

• 10th Surfside collapse victim was found during de-layering effort, official says..
  • The collapse has prompted nearby cities to review their building protocols..

• Florida congresswoman calls for "comprehensive review" into other buildings along coastline..

• Surfside official assured residents building was OK days after receiving "major structural damage" report..

• There is "probable cause" to believe there could be an issue at sister Champlain building, mayor says..

Time Stamp 6/28 1:39 pm EST