• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China possible conflict.

Yingyang

Power Poster II
If I was high up in Chinese military considering military action with taiwan, I would seriously consider Japan first strike. Why? Simply put you destroy Japanese and American naval bases including 7th fleet while in port your chances of victory with Taiwan and Japan double while taking out regional enemies with little loss compared to battle at sea. Also reminding America and Europe of difficulties of replying in time by sending their navies for support to region would take weeks from mainlands which China would be ready for by then. From there they cut off supply ships straight through island chain to Australia strangling Asian countries from food, fuel and etc etc. Making whole area weak and defenseless. Now China has control from mainland through to south pole. Any thoughts. Mean time Russia and Iran see window of opportunity thus results in ww3.

With Nuclear powers I don’t see conventional forces used as initiators to a conflict. There is to much to go wrong to just assume a series of serious blows to the face will stand them down.
strategically your correct to deny the ability to project power by the US in Asia.
it didn’t work in the end for Japan though and that was prior to long range weapons and nukes.
It’s an asymmetric war and it’s already on.
The US and Australia have both seen China make significant inroads into their business education and political system. That’s their game and it’s a smart one.
Their recent head butting with Taiwan I think is because Taiwan caught them at it and acted. Their new government is much more assertive in acting against Chinese domestic influence.
So China is being much more bellicose militarily with them to intimidate them and lull them into passivity.
I see reports that at least some Australians are waking up to the threat China poses to them but not sure how widespread it is.
Same things true in the US.

I recall Japan saying they won't get involved in a Taiwan conflict.
Even so. Point was to disable largest local threats to deter outside reinforcements. Take out 7th fleet in port and Japanese navy and not only does this destroy first support defence capabilities it reduces losses for Chinese fleets and allows less interference during Taiwan takeover. Also raising a huge chance that America and Europe would realise sending back up from mainlands would be fruitless due to travel time . Thus opening the island chain up for the picking . Chinese territory through to south pole. The eastern side of this chain of islands has already been set up with Chinese ports as far down Australia. They had to start somewhere and south and east China sea with Taiwan is just the beginning. What a statement to the world it would be to ensure successful destruction of local threats and surprise attacks. This part of the world is to far to send naval reinforcements and this action would ensure successful minimum loss to China.

Take out 7th fleet in port and Japanese navy and not only does this destroy first support defence capabilities it reduces losses for Chinese fleets and allows less interference during Taiwan takeover.
I can't see China doing a first strike on Japan. China has always ever claimed Taiwan as their own. Thus a righteous fight. Attacking Japan like that would be outside that. Sure, tactically maybe. But I don't think the Chinese think that way. I think they won't do anything to Japan as long as Japan stays out of it.

I can't see China doing a first strike on Japan. China has always ever claimed Taiwan as their own. Thus a righteous fight. Attacking Japan like that would be outside that. Sure, tactically maybe. But I don't think the Chinese think that way. I think they won't do anything to Japan as long as Japan stays out of it.
I see both Russia and China meticulously picking through parts of previous world conflicts and even picking out best moves made by losing and winning countries. E.g..Hitler with Europe and Japan with pearl harbour. And winners being e.g. Vietnam etc and a little surprised with your thoughts that China can be so trusted and reliable. Even the Japanese where ment to be an honourable nation. If we don't see the past and anticipate the future we are bound to repeat it.There is a massive difference in today's global military powers and the West just isn't the same.

China has been using soft power for decades because it wants to avoid what happened to the US, which was to have the dollar used as a global reserve currency and then leveraged that to increase debt and spending, especially for the military, and then used the latter as part of a grand chessboard strategy to surround military rivals and coerce weaker countries.

Given that, it becomes highly illogical for it to attack Taiwan or China as both of them and even the US are major trading partners, and China has the upper hand economically.