• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China & Taiwan #October

Status
Not open for further replies.
A war could happen anytime anywhere by mistake by any country. We all know being human is prone to error.

But will CCP actually make a first strike? Absolutely not. Their not ready yet. By the time CCP are ready who is to say it's to late for them to take Taiwan by force. US will be up to no good for the CCP over Tawain militarily as seen recently by the WSJ report of US troops on the ground there.

Where likely funneling in some pretty powerful weapons/systems and training them to use them. Make the CCP think really hard if they want them that badly.

Last edited:
Read a argument today about Taiwan obtaining nukes or lending them as we do with Europe.

Taiwan doesn't need nukes. All they have to do is send a missile to every nuclear plant to blow up & a missile for every major hydro dam in China and would be just as effective in screwing the CCP over in a war.

No country on earth could contain over 100 nuclear reactors going up in flames at once & thousands of towns flooding downstream.

Last edited:
What article is that? Has Taiwan ever asked for nukes?
Wasn't a article. Just a arguement on social media I ran across.

Thought it was relevant enough for me to say they don't need nukes. They can just as easily hit all CCP nuclear reactors & major hydro dams. Would really put a pinch in CCP plans indefinitely.

It's not a question if they can do it. They have missile tech & more than enough missiles capable of hitting all or most reactors and dams.

They can just as easily hit all CCP nuclear reactors & major hydro dams. Would really put a pinch in CCP plans indefinitely.
If China would think like that it had nuked โ˜ข๏ธ Taiwan already and we hadn't this topic anymore.

The last thing we need is another nuclear-armed nation in Asia. The less nations that have nuclear weapons, the better. Every minute of every day, we roll the dice with those things, and one of these days it's going to come up snake eyes. It is a statistical inevitability.

The last thing we need is another nuclear-armed nation in Asia. The less nations that have nuclear weapons, the better. Every minute of every day, we roll the dice with those things, and one of these days it's going to come up snake eyes. It is a statistical inevitability.
I agree with your conclusion, but how do we respond to the โ€œfactโ€ that nothing seems to stop countries like DPRK and Iran to continue to pursue and acquire then.
China and Russia did nothing it seems to prevent DPRK from develop them. What do we do with the next one.
Ignore it or promise to provide our nuclear umbrella to yet another region of the world. Who or what is going to stop South Africa if in the future they need to renew their nuclear program.
We know how Putin will respond if Ukraine does.
Iโ€™d rather see trusted allies get their own nuke and share in this burden if other nations are going to do so anyway.
The statistical problem you mentioned isnโ€™t a what if event, itโ€™s already there and growing.

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy and Force Development, U.S. Department of Defense:

"We may be too late for Taiwan... China may be able to take Taiwan with very little cost... An invasion of Taiwan is a very real possibility... China may reasonably see a closing window [of opportunity]... I find the idea of a major war of this type hard to imagine, but when I look at it deductively, I become very worried, and more worried every month."

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy and Force Development, U.S. Department of Defense:

"We may be too late for Taiwan... China may be able to take Taiwan with very little cost... An invasion of Taiwan is a very real possibility... China may reasonably see a closing window [of opportunity]... I find the idea of a major war of this type hard to imagine, but when I look at it deductively, I become very worried, and more worried every month."

It's not going to be easy by a very very long shot.

Taiwan missile capabilities alone enough to screw mainland China. Where not even talking about the many other powerful weapon systems they have under their belt.

It's in any countries interest to hit strategic targets in a war I.E nuclear power stations & major hydro dams.. China has plenty of vulnerable strategic targets that when hit would crush CCP for sometime.

Can Taiwan win? Probably not. But I would bet half my net value in gold Taiwan will take CCP down with them.

You know the "if I can't have it no one can" motto every nation on earth plans for. Wouldn't be surprised if America gave Taiwan the tech to really give it to the CCP in just that event. Not to win, but to take down CCP or knock them down for a century.

If you can't get what you want, then you normally go to the next best thing. Taiwan can't win so next best thing is to make sure CCP can't win either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.