• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China/Taiwan September 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again my question a few days ago was. Where are all the assets, equipment, and troops going after they leave the Middle East.

Likely Asia and Europe. I highly doubt our troops are really coming home.

Our main enemies are more scared than curious about getting away with things. Once we tie up and finish in the middle east the entire US military almost souly be focused on Russia and Chinas ass.

The era of unchecked China and Russian agression will be a thing of the past. China and Russia get out of jail free card will expire once we leave the Middle East.

The era of unchecked China and Russian agression will be a thing of the past. China and Russia get out of jail free card will expire once we leave the Middle East.
Which Is great, we need to remind Russia and China of their place in the global community.

You know the short yellow bus equivalent (handicaps) of "world powers" they really are.

People give way to much credit to China and Russia. But shows how weak minded someone is for believing Russian and Chinese propaganda that somehow they are on our playing field in anyway. Haha

Last edited:

In a tweet on Tuesday, US Senator John Cornyn astonishingly said that the US has as many as 30,000 troops stationed on Taiwan island, more than the 28,000 US troops in South Korea.
If that is true, the Chinese government and the Chinese people will never accept it. It is believed that China will immediately put the Anti-Secession Law into use, destroy and expel US troops in Taiwan by military means, and at the same time realize reunification by force.

I didn't find the original tweet but a copy of his message
E8_uVqsWYAg5UYT

In a rare move, the United States reportedly sent all three of its most powerful nuclear submarines to the Pacific Ocean—a possible show of naval strength to adversaries like China.

The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) on Tuesday launched joint live-fire assault drills in multiple locations near the island of Taiwan in response to recent collusion and provocations by the US and Taiwan secessionists.

China carried out assault drills near Taiwan on Tuesday, with warships and fighter jets exercising off the southwest and southeast of the island
in what the country's armed forces said was a response to "external interference" and "provocations".

Only Days After Afghanistan’s Fall, China Mobilizes Warships & Jet Fighters, Hits U.S. with Aggressive New Demands on Taiwan​

In a rare move, the United States reportedly sent all three of its most powerful nuclear submarines to the Pacific Ocean—a possible show of naval strength to adversaries like China.
This seems to be confirmed:

President Joe Biden vowed that the United States would “respond” to any possible Chinese invasion of Taiwan
Biden argued: “We have made — kept every commitment. We made a sacred commitment to Article V that if, in fact, anyone were to invade or take action against our NATO allies, we would respond. Same with Japan, same with South Korea, same with Taiwan.

so what is this, chinese accounts/people that have lost all faith in biden trying to drive out the message that america won’t protect taiwan?

like i struggle to believe some random people on twitter would know about an impending invasion

This is one of the more frustrating things about Websleuths: National Security. There are lots of objective and verifiable things that have happened lately to suggest that China is moving closer to this decision. I think it is more than reasonable to suggest that events in Afghanistan are likely to embolden China and make Taiwan more compliant. But then there's the jump to "it's happening in less than 45 days!" That's just not credible, and if China invades tomorrow, it still wouldn't have been credible today.

Where I am right now is a frequent spot for me. In the past, our ambiguity in our position on Taiwan has probably served us and the Taiwanese fairly well. As China's objective capabilities ramp up, their subjective perception of what we might do becomes more important. I think they could probably be deterred by an open and unambiguous pledge to defend the Taiwanese, at least in the short term. I doubt much else will do it. My biggest concern is that if we are actually willing to do that (which I do not think we are), we need to make sure the Chinese understand this very clearly. The worst case scenario is one where we end up in a war that the Chinese did not think would be sparked and that we thought we would have been able to prevent through deterrence. OTOH, if you are talking recalling an ambassador and some significant trade limitations, sticking with ambiguity is probably your best play.

so what is this, chinese accounts/people that have lost all faith in biden trying to drive out the message that america won’t protect taiwan?

like i struggle to believe some random people on twitter would know about an impending invasion
Agreed. The reliability of information posted by a person whose Twitter handle is I Will Not Comply_Hic Est Veritas doesn't exactly rank up there with the BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.