• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China/Taiwan September 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the U.S. is going to challenge this.
It was from April so I suppose we already have. China is modeling this as if its established international law. Which it’s not. But it just conditioning the field for propaganda. I read their organizations recent purpose structure. At the very end it has a department of Party officials in charge of population conditioning and propaganda. China has more people inside its boarders to convince of its claims than outside.

With two multinational exercises near and said to be targeting China,
including one involving maritime forces from Australia, Japan, India and the US,
the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) reportedly sent two naval flotillas featuring some of its world-class warships on far sea drills.

In this article it refers to two flotillas carrying out patrols in far sea exercises. They patrolled in the Sea of Japan and near Okinawa.
that’s their definition of far sea?

That was from April?

Gad dang it!!! I wish people wouldn't post old articles like it was new information!!!!!
No the article wasn’t, the Chinese maritime statement the article referenced was from April. Sorry I wasn’t clear enough.
everything about the Chinese maritime council seems to be a construction of a alternate “legitimate” international governing body. They even claim the responsibility of training and licensing of maritime operators within their waters. Reference the nine dash line claim that the entirety of the SCS is theirs alone to administer. They even have their own “salvage company” which includes oil platforms. Might explain the seizure several years ago of a Vietnamese drill rig. It was derelict so it was ours to salvage it for “maritime safety”
again personally I think it’s all just a construct to impress and influence their own domestic population. So when the take an action they have something to point to. “see it’s official maritime law.”
In other words propaganda

Last edited:
Gad dang it!!! I wish people wouldn't post old articles like it was new information!!!!!
https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2021/08/31/2003763523
Please check it yourself, it's from Tue, Aug 31, 2021
The date is even in the link itself
for god sake

It was from April so I suppose we already have. China is modeling this as if its established international law.
Any proof of that? Sure the topic is old but the law is now implemented.

And read again:
From tomorrow, China legally requires foreign vessels entering what it considers to be its territorial waters to notify Beijing
Which is basicly now in China.🙄

I collected some more news about this topic to make it clear that this new chinese maritime law now realy applies.
The United States is raising concerns that a new Chinese maritime law authorizing coast guard vessels to fire on ships in the South China Sea may escalate disputes in the region.
Japanese officials say the law could exacerbate tensions with Beijing
China’s authorization for coast guard vessels to use force “may escalate ongoing territorial and maritime disputes.”

Those articles do clear it up the original article only referenced a release of info from China in April. This is all still not new in that they have been claiming it for several years.
They have to enforce it, which they can try to do certainly.
It probably why we are seeing all the multi national naval drills in the SCS currently.
I did not mean it as an attack your news pistol only a clarification of the original link to the Taipae times.?

Taiwan Army to bulk up machine gun, mortar stockpiles
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — According to the newly submitted 2022 defense budget, the Army plans to procure 2,060 light machine guns and 87 120-mm mortars next year, reports said Wednesday (Sept. 1).
The aim of the new weapons would be to strengthen the military’s capability to resist an enemy landing and to block and strike back at an invading force, CNA reported.

Taiwan plans new defence agency to better prepare military reservists to step up in a war​

Taiwan will launch a new defence agency next year to boost the combat readiness of its much criticised military reserve force
amid a growing threat from Beijing which claims the self-ruled island as its territory

China tests new missiles in simulated Taiwan strike

China’s recent test of reported new missiles appears to have been a simulated attack on a Taiwanese airfield and a possible test launch of a new hypersonic weapon, according to a U.S. Air Force research center analysis.

Taiwan, Japan, Philippines must hold line against Chinese expansion

Japan's defense minister says Tokyo cannot stand aside from developments in Taiwan

China Air Force Warns Away Suspected U.S. Aircraft on Patrol Near Taiwan

The US military recently dispatched its ballistic missile-detection aircraft for consecutive close-in reconnaissance activities near China, according to reports by a Chinese think tank, with military observers saying on Sunday that the US aircraft attempted to spy on China's ballistic missile tests, but their moves must have been closely monitored by China.

UK bows to the lead of the US. And just like the ongoing tour of the HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier to the region, these vessels cannot yield any military significance or become a real threat to the Chinese People's Liberation Army

The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) reportedly sent 19 aircraft, most of them fighter jets and bombers, near the island of Taiwan on Sunday in a move Chinese mainland analysts said was a part of a routine drill, which displayed the unshakable power gap between the PLA and the armed forces on the island

A US media report on Saturday said that a mysterious flying wing aircraft was recently photographed over the Philippines, leading to speculations that the stealth aircraft could belong to the military of the US or China since the Philippines sits in a strategic location between the South China Sea and the Philippine Sea.

Important to remember that the global times is a Chinese state-owned tabloid. It’s bound to sound a bit over the top - saying that, there’s an element of truth to the headlines.
Taiwanese military confirmed the PLA incursion, and the unidentified plane in the Philippines was going around OSINT twitter earlier this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.