China threatens to send warships to U.S. territorial waters

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
China, through its mouthpiece Global Times, has threatened to send warships into U.S. territorial waters.

This is in response to the United States sending warships through international waters in the South China Sea which China claims as territorial.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
Let them come. The best thing the US could do would be to not send any (visual) naval response whatsoever. That would be a psychological slap in the face to the PLA.

Train

From their point of view, I’d assume this is no different to what the US has been doing to them for ages.

I’ve not seen anywhere talking about this weirdly, I can’t even seem to find the global times article.

D

DucknCover

The best thing China could do is not to spread out that far but China perhaps has already send enough nuclear submarines to detere U.S. actions.

D

DucknCover

i don't read Duck's comment as a claim of fact. i read it as a personal opinion or a line of thinking.
Yes just an opinion not a fact, but super powers have nuclear attack submarines that's a fact and their purpose isn't floating around next to their harbors.

MichaelH

We could meet them with a bunch of those garbage ships the Philippines and Canada were fighting about last year. I think it would be kind of funny to invite them over to participate in a joint exercise. See what they'd say.