• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China threats nuclear first strike on Japan

DucknCover

When we liberate Taiwan, if Japan dares to intervene by force, even if it only deploys one soldier, one plane and one ship,
we will not only return reciprocal fire, but also start a full-scale war against Japan.

We will use nuclear bombs first.

We will use nuclear bombs continuously until Japan declares unconditional surrender
for the second time.

(this news is already 2 days old)

As you see there a nuclear threats, please decrease the Defcon Level?!

CCP Vows to Nuke Japan Continuously Until It Surrenders Unconditionally for the Second Time​

Attachments

• well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg
    well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 1

CCP Vows to Nuke Japan Continuously Until It Surrenders Unconditionally for the Second Time​

China knows damn good and well that if they drop so much as a nuclear paper clip on Japan, the US would render Chinese real estate uninhabitable for several thousand years. And while it is theoretically possible for some Chinese ICBMs to make it to the US, they don't have the nuclear firepower to compete with us. The only country on the planet that can compete with the US on waging nuclear war is Russia. All the other nuclear powers combined cannot match the US or Russia warhead for warhead.

So, yeah, it sounds scary, but actually following through on that threat would result in the Chinese people becoming an endangered species on this planet. And they know that.

What is continually hard for me to understand is the lack of subtlety to statements like this. It concerns me in that in that as I understand Chinese etiquette, subtle responses are expected. Anything but is risking affronting the other and risking escalation. In short you can say what you mean without embarrassing your opponent. A golden rule you might say.
I certainly am not an expert but it always leaves me feeling China has already made up their mind where this is going.
Remember this is the nation who sent 100000’s of thousands of their young men to war in the middle of a brutal winter against a vastly superior technological enemy. Multiple enemies.

What is continually hard for me to understand is the lack of subtlety to statements like this. It concerns me in that in that as I understand Chinese etiquette, subtle responses are expected. Anything but is risking affronting the other and risking escalation. In short you can say what you mean without embarrassing your opponent. A golden rule you might say.
I certainly am not an expert but it always leaves me feeling China has already made up their mind where this is going.
Remember this is the nation who sent 100000’s of thousands of their young men to war in the middle of a brutal winter against a vastly superior technological enemy. Multiple enemies.
And they achieved their principle goal as well.

While I think China is bluffing (part of Sun Tzu's teachings is to appear to be strong when you are weak), this type of threat is still dangerous generally. More and more nations are threatening the use of nuclear weapons. At a certain point, such threats might become the norm and lose their punch. And when we start treating such threats as SOP, then it's a short jump from threatening to implementing.

We are being desensitized to the concept of the use of nuclear weapons in combat. And that should terrify everyone.

While I think China is bluffing (part of Sun Tzu's teachings is to appear to be strong when you are weak), this type of threat is still dangerous generally. More and more nations are threatening the use of nuclear weapons. At a certain point, such threats might become the norm and lose their punch. And when we start treating such threats as SOP, then it's a short jump from threatening to implementing.

We are being desensitized to the concept of the use of nuclear weapons in combat. And that should terrify everyone.
Your right it could be a bluff to cover a weakness.
Your also right there is too much talk of nukes.
That doesn’t necessarily negate my opinion that allies like Japan or S. Korea Should be afforded they opportunity to develop their own program as well. I don’t like that choice but if wild card countries are going to continue to get their own it’s no fun being the only target or ally to be able to respond.

In my view this was not a bluff but an actual warning of an imminent nuclear attack on japanese cities.
There was some effort in delivering this message, it's not just a words.
And the Defcon Warning System should take this more seriously.
When China will start it's long planned invasion of Taiwan and Japan intervenes it will nuke Japan first,
as a show of force and to detere all others.

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — In its "Defense of Japan" white paper published on Tuesday (July 13), Japan's Ministry of Defense (MOD) removed Taiwan from a map of China for the first time.

Beijing angered by US Air Force plane’s short stop in Taiwan as de facto ambassadors change over​

• As director of the American Institute in Taiwan Brent Christensen leaves and Sandra Oudkirk arrives, Beijing lets its anger be known
  • Observers say the openness of the 30-minute ‘touch-and-go’ visit was a sign of deepening US-Taiwan relations

Japan defence paper warns for first time of crisis over Taiwan​

Annual defence report calls on Japanese government to pay attention to US-China tensions over Taiwan with ‘a sense of crisis more than ever before’.
“China has further intensified military activities around Taiwan including Chinese aircrafts’ entering the southwestern airspace of Taiwan,” the report said in its new section on Taiwan. “In the meantime, the United States has demonstrated a clear stance of supporting Taiwan in military aspects, such as transits by US vessels through the Taiwan Strait and weapon sales.”

Stabilising the situation surrounding Taiwan, it said, was important for Japan’s security and also the stability of the international community.

“Therefore, it is necessary that we pay close attention to the situation with a sense of crisis more than ever before,” it said.

We live in a chaotic dystopian world with erratic acting political leaders.
It's hard to guess what will happen, but China just told you what their reaction will be.
Even if it's hard to believe, their statement (China) is the best source we have?
You can of course believe what you want instead and expect to lose your own credibility.

We live in a chaotic dystopian world with erratic acting political leaders.
Yes, yes we do.
It's hard to guess what will happen, but China just told you what their reaction will be.
Yes, they did.
Even if it's hard to believe, their statement (China) is the best source we have?
You can of course believe what you want instead and expect to lose your own credibility.
Taking into account Chinese culture and the historical credibility of the Chinese government is also part of the analysis process. A single statement by their government is not sufficient for us to panic. We will certainly not ignore it, and we will continue to keep a close eye on what is going on in that part of the world. But we will not give in to panic or fearmongering. That is where our credibility comes from.

So two things:
1) Telling them to unconditionally surrender for the second time is like the French threatening the Germans with "a second occupation". Sir, you may have been present at the meal, but at the children's table only.
2) I'm most interested in the potential for this sort of rhetoric to impact what the Japanese do in the region. It would not be difficult to imagine the trend toward a bit more military development accelerating some. I feel pretty confident the response will not be acquiescence.

I know it still not enough and everything. So how about that.

China threatens to shoot down any foreign aircraft that lands in Taiwan.
China is gravely concerned about a US air force plane landing on the island of Taiwan on Thursday, and any trespass of foreign ships or planes into China's airspace or territorial waters will result in serious consequences, the Chinese Ministry of National Defense said on Thursday, and it warned the US to stop playing with fire.