• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China threats nuclear first strike on Japan

Please Read Carefully:

Biden may be easy to poke fun of due to age but he grew up in a time where US military show of forces & good old American resolve triumphs over dictators and communism. I know I am from that time and I am sure a lot on here are too.

So if anything we should fear Biden making geopolitical decisions based off the old world, or old system. Dictators and communist governments are very emboldened. Unfortunately in the recent 21st century a lot of American adversaries have obtained nuclear weapons & the means to deliver them to American Homeland.

So an old approach to geopolitics could end in great disaster with Biden as it did with Trump as well.

It's time for old geezers like me,.. as they say can't teach old dog new tricks, the President should at least be under the age of 66 the national retirement age. Because simply put the world just twenty years ago is not the same anymore geopolitically, so why should people govern with old mentalities geopolitical at least in a very rapidly changing world.
No, the old approach is what works. China has constantly taken advantage of us because we act weak. They did not do anything militarily under Trump and they will not under Biden if his buddy Obama decides to stand tough with China. The Soviets broke because Reagan got real tough with them, The Chicoms will start war if they want and nothing we do will have any impact on that. We wont start the war but we will dam sure finish the war, that is for sure.

YOU ALWAYS STAND UP TO BULLY'S!!! To hell with your new age thinking lol. Clinton did that crap and sold them nearly everything they wanted, including our warhead designs so no, we have had enough of the new whatever way your thinking.

NATO would smash through a Chinese blockade like a 5 year old does to cardboard building blocks in preschool. Tiawan is a dam fortress. Dr.Evil wishes he had an island so heavily defended. Their airforce will swarm out of their mountain bunkers like a bunch of pissed off hornets.
NATO is not going to get involved in a China/Taiwan conflict. Taiwan is not a NATO member, and if the US sparks a war with China by trying to defend Taiwan, that is not going to invoke Article 5.

Now, other NATO countries might assist the US with Taiwan's defense, but it won't be under the NATO flag.

On top of that, you are underestimating China's capabilities and overestimating ours. If China makes a move, it won't be check and raise; they'll go all-in with a massive sudden assault force, and they will do it so quickly that there will be very little chance for anyone to respond. They'll sustain hundreds of thousands of casualties in the first few hours attempting to take Taiwan, but they won't care because they have hundreds of thousands more waiting in line.

The US is not the big bad-ass superpower it used to be. A lot of Americans need to wake up to that fact.

NATO is not going to get involved in a China/Taiwan conflict. Taiwan is not a NATO member, and if the US sparks a war with China by trying to defend Taiwan, that is not going to invoke Article 5.

Now, other NATO countries might assist the US with Taiwan's defense, but it won't be under the NATO flag.

On top of that, you are underestimating China's capabilities and overestimating ours. If China makes a move, it won't be check and raise; they'll go all-in with a massive sudden assault force, and they will do it so quickly that there will be very little chance for anyone to respond. They'll sustain hundreds of thousands of casualties in the first few hours attempting to take Taiwan, but they won't care because they have hundreds of thousands more waiting in line.

The US is not the big bad-ass superpower it used to be. A lot of Americans need to wake up to that fact.
A lot of Americans don’t want them to be.

A lot of Americans don’t want them to be.
Don't want the US to be a big bad-ass superpower? I'm with you on that. Being the world's police force for 70 years has accomplished nothing of value. Let somebody else deal with the bullies on the block for a change.

Don't want the US to be a big bad-ass superpower? I'm with you on that. Being the world's police force for 70 years has accomplished nothing of value. Let somebody else deal with the bullies on the block for a change.
I want us to be strong don’t get me wrong but I don’t want to be the world police either.
sadly the only way for us to escape that I’m the pacific and Europe is allowing some of those nations to build their military and that includes nuclear if they choose.
it’s not a bipolar world any more and it’s not a uni-polar world.
The only way small nations can stand up to large expansionist nations is to let them choose their own course in this.
That or we stay and defend them forever

It’s like telling indigenous people they cant have firearms. Keep your bow and arrows and we’ll protect you from those other tribes who are getting their own firearms anyway.

I

I disagree. I think the US is more powerful now then anytime in it's history. The US has occupied two countries for 20 years, allot of times under combat conditions. Sure China has allot of military capabilities but when was the last time they had any combat experience. As far as NATO joining us you're probably right but right now the world is pissed at China because of the virus they unleashed on the world and I think allot of countries want a little payback for that. Also I think the three letter intelligence agencies know more about what really happened then the public knows and I would not be surprised if combat is initiated just because of that, say nothing about Taiwan.

in my opinion

The U.S. thinks they are strong since WW2, but it took 70 million allied casualties to defeat the Axis powers, that's just something the U.S. alone couldn't sacrifice.
Some say the U.S. had panned to drop a nuke on Berlin, but there is no way the B-34 could go all the way in without facing a fierce air defense.
British and American aircraft losses was about 130,000 in WWII.

China has the logistical upper hand because Taiwan is close and the U.S. is far away, so it will lose the naval war in the long run.
China also the the better production capacity, without a massive air campaign at first the U.S. can't hope for a victory.

I was contemplating Japan being attacked by China because the Chinese would be insanely paranoid at anything flying out of Japan if China did try to invade Taiwan. Japan is a partner with NATO and I am sure everyone but Germany and Turkey would come to help them. If we are going in to help them then the Brits and the rest of the Monarchy is coming with us. The Aussies, Irish and Dutch.

While Obama did his best to ruin our military Trump got them going in the right direction again. Still today nobody can match us on the battlefield. Nobody! When it comes to China or Russia, we have Toys that most in the military have never seen that will set all of China on fire in under an hour.

we have Toys that most in the military have never seen that will set all of China on fire in under an hour.
We really don't. There's a lot of that kind of thought running around, but these superweapons don't exist.

The military has said very clearly that any wargame with China over Taiwan ends badly for the U.S. There's no reason to think otherwise, given the sheer logistics of a fight over there plus that the U.S. public isn't willing to take casualties over Taiwan.

Taiwan is going to fall in a Chinese invasion.

If the U.S. really wants to save Taiwan, a better programme would be to just offer immigration to any Taiwanese who wants it. Do a brain drain. China can have Taiwan for the empty husk it would be.

We really don't. There's a lot of that kind of thought running around, but these superweapons don't exist.

The military has said very clearly that any wargame with China over Taiwan ends badly for the U.S. There's no reason to think otherwise, given the sheer logistics of a fight over there plus that the U.S. public isn't willing to take casualties over Taiwan.

Taiwan is going to fall in a Chinese invasion.

If the U.S. really wants to save Taiwan, a better programme would be to just offer immigration to any Taiwanese who wants it. Do a brain drain. China can have Taiwan for the empty husk it would be.
Advise them to developer their own nuclear program.

China would wipe them out at the first hint.

What they could do is buy some nuclear devices and slip them into China and then blackmail China.
Just do what England and Israel does put them on half a dozen subs. The subs would never have to leave Taiwan’s territorial waters.
Heck just recommission a few old US subs load them up and sail them over and sign the title over.

It’s not the preferred solution but the build up is going on irregardless.
Or take the I’m not going to own a gun because their bad and dangerous. But the crazy neighbor across the street owns all kinds of guns and he’s a bully. And sells fentanyl at the curb.
Sure keep believing the police will be their in time to protect you.

I was contemplating Japan being attacked by China because the Chinese would be insanely paranoid at anything flying out of Japan if China did try to invade Taiwan. Japan is a partner with NATO and I am sure everyone but Germany and Turkey would come to help them. If we are going in to help them then the Brits and the rest of the Monarchy is coming with us. The Aussies, Irish and Dutch.

While Obama did his best to ruin our military Trump got them going in the right direction again. Still today nobody can match us on the battlefield. Nobody! When it comes to China or Russia, we have Toys that most in the military have never seen that will set all of China on fire in under an hour.
Your assessment of geopolitics and military strategy is tainted by your politics.

As are yours
No, they're not. I do not care who won the last election. Please go through my posting history and locate a single post where I indicate that President X is the return of the messiah and President Y is the devil incarnate. Rudemarine is a hyper-partison nationalist and he allows his political bias to influence his objectivity. Now, I don't care about his personal political beliefs, but I take this organization's goal of non-partisan analysis very seriously, and I get very tired of people who openly praise one political party and bash another political party in threads that should have nothing to do with politics at all. There's a reason we have a Politics forum, and there's a reason I stay out of it.

Talk about expansionist nations involves more than politics, may I suggest there is a universal principle at work, ie. high pressure will always tend to flow into low pressure. As China grows in population (now 3 children family size with funding from CCP), technology, economy, military, etc., this 'power' will flow into surrounding weaker areas. We see this power flowing to the east (Silk Road) to the south (India China border clashes), to the east, China Seas, Pacific Islands. We don't see it to the north because Russia is not weak. What America and its allies need to do is decide is the extent if any they will allow Chinese expansion into the Pacific area, and then create a power structure that will mitigate against this expansionist power without a war.