• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

China's military beefs up coastal forces as it prepares for possible invasion of Taiwan

By that time who is to say Taiwan won't have their own nuclear weapons or a bigger badder military capable of MAD with China even without nukes, many ways to take down China, with Taiwan and time they will get there.

not found this anywhere else yet...Xi may not wait until 2049.

China Uncensored, a youtube channel that focuses on news on China's activity, recently did an interview with Ian Easton of the Project 2049 institute, a nonprofit organization that seeks to disseminate information in Asia to promote peace.

In summary, Ian doesn't believe that there is an immediate risk of China invading Taiwan simply due to the notorious weather around the island making such an invasion difficult at this time of year (the next good invasion opening will be in March of 2021), but that overall the risk of invasion by China has increased dramatically and Taiwan badly needs US support to maintain it's independence. Such support may be in jeopardy depending upon how the US elections turn out.

2049 TImeline, If they invade now they would have enough time as an occupying force to impregnate and create their new generation for China acquire annexation by demand.

Curious. We are getting pretty close to the election. I have been looking at what places I know of to see if the original link I posted here was something China did as an exercise or saber rattling and then stood down........ or if they have maintained or increased this state of readiness along the strait since the original story. Anyone got any info about Chinese military movements in the last couple of days? Or any increasing readiness in Taiwan?

Thanks.

Anyone got any info about Chinese military movements in the last couple of days? Or any increasing readiness in Taiwan?

China certainly has been more aggressive toward Taiwan lately, but I don't think it has too much to do with the election.

I think really China is waiting to see the outcome before they do anything concrete.

China certainly has been more aggressive toward Taiwan lately, but I don't think it has too much to do with the election.

I think really China is waiting to see the outcome before they do anything concrete.

There's only two windows for a good invasion attempt on Taiwan due to seasonal weather. Early Fall, or early spring. So even if they intend to invade for sure, we won't see it until March 2021.