• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Civil Unrest- United States

willrod1989

U.S. protests over Minneapolis death rage on amid political finger-pointing

MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) - The full Minnesota National Guard was activated for the first time since World War Two after four nights of civil unrest that has spread to other U.S. cities following the death of a black man shown on video gasping for breath as a white Minneapolis policeman knelt on his neck.

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz said the deployment was necessary because outside agitators were using protests over the death of George Floyd to sow chaos, and that he expected Saturday night’s demonstrations to be the fiercest so far.

From Minneapolis to several other major cities including New York, Atlanta and Washington, protesters clashed with police late on Friday in a rising tide of anger over the treatment of minorities by law enforcement.

“We are under assault,” Walz, a first-term governor elected from Minnesota’s Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, told a briefing on Saturday. “Order needs to be restored. ... We will use our full strength of goodness and righteousness to make sure this ends.”

He said he believed a “tightly controlled” group of outsiders, including white supremacists and drug cartel members, were instigating some of the violence in Minnesota’s largest city, but he did not give specific evidence of this when asked by reporters.

As many as 80% of those arrested were from outside the state, Walz said. But detention records show just eight non-Minnesota residents have been booked into the Hennepin County Jail since Tuesday, and it was unclear whether all of them were arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest.

The Republican Trump administration suggested civil disturbances were being orchestrated from the political left.

“In many places, it appears the violence is planned, organized and driven by anarchic and left extremist groups - far-left extremist groups - using antifa-like tactics, many of whom travel from outside the state to promote violence,” U.S. Attorney William Barr said in a statement.

In an extraordinary move, the Pentagon said it put military units on a four-hour alert to be ready if requested by Walz to help keep the peace.

Defying a curfew imposed by the city’s mayor, protesters took to Minneapolis streets for a fourth night on Friday - albeit in smaller numbers than before - despite the announcement hours earlier of criminal charges filed against Derek Chauvin, the policeman seen in video footage kneeling on Floyd’s neck on Monday.

Chauvin was arrested on third-degree murder and manslaughter charges, and faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

Three other officers fired from the police department with Chauvin on Tuesday are also under criminal investigation in the case, prosecutors said.

The graphic video of Floyd’s arrest - captured by an onlooker’s cellphone as he repeatedly groaned, “please, I can’t breathe” before becoming motionless - triggered an outpouring of rage that civil rights activists said has long simmered in Minneapolis and cities across the country over persistent racial bias in the U.S. criminal justice system.

‘PAINS ME SO MUCH’
As peaceful protests took place on Saturday in several major cities, including Philadelhia, Miami and Newark, New Jersey, the mood was somber in the Minneapolis neighborhood of Lyndale where dozens of people surveyed damage while sweeping up broken glass and debris from the night before.

“It pains me so much,” said Luke Kallstrom, 27, a financial analyst, standing in the threshold of a post office that had been burned to the ground. “This does not honor the man who was wrongfully taken away from us.”

As he spoke, several military vehicles rolled by, loaded with soldiers.

Some of Friday’s most chaotic scenes were in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, where police armed with batons and pepper spray made more than 200 arrests in sometimes violent clashes. Several officers were injured, police said.

In Washington, police and Secret Service agents deployed in force around the White House before dozens of demonstrators gathered across the street in Lafayette Square.

President Donald Trump said on Saturday that he had watched the whole thing, and, if the demonstrators had breached the fence, “they would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen.”

Writing on Twitter, he also appeared to call his supporters to rally outside the executive mansion on Saturday evening.

CHAOS IN ATLANTA
In Atlanta, Bernice King, the youngest daughter of slain civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr., urged people to go home on Friday night after more than 1,000 protesters marched to the state capitol and blocked traffic on an interstate highway.

The demonstration turned violent at points. Fires burned near the CNN Center, the network’s headquarters, and windows were smashed at its lobby. Several vehicles were torched, including at least one police car.

Rapper Killer Mike, in an impassioned speech flanked by the city’s mayor and police chief, also implored angry residents to stay indoors and to mobilize to win at the ballot box.

“Make sure you exercise your political bully power,” he said. “But it is not time to burn down your own home.”

Protesters also took to the streets in other cities including Denver, Houston, Oakland and Louisville, Kentucky.

Authorities in Minneapolis had hoped Chauvin’s arrest would allay public anger. Late on Friday, officers opened fire with tear gas, plastic bullets and concussion grenades to disperse protesters. Still, Friday night’s demonstrations were far smaller and less unruly than the night before, when some two dozen buildings were set ablaze and looting was widespread.

Floyd, a Houston native who had worked security for a nightclub, was arrested on suspicion of trying to pass counterfeit money at a store to buy cigarettes on Monday evening. Police said he was unarmed. An employee who called for help had told a police dispatcher that the suspect appeared to be intoxicated.

U.S. protests over Minneapolis death rage on amid political finger-pointing

I figured it might be a good idea to open up a thread for discussion about the civil unrest unfolding here in the United States. Something definitely feels different about this time.

ive read about riots and violence like this in Russia and Germany in the early 20th century.
If Memory serves they were always instigated and tied to a particular political philosophy/party.
Those civil insurrections brought about significant change to their societies and ended marvelously.

Sometimes I just don’t care anymore, I hope they enjoy their Brave New World

As a Southern White American, I am like most Americans who are completely pissed off at our police tactics anymore. Killing for no good reason or simply kicking in the

wrong door completely and blasting away at anyone who dares defend themselves in their own home. 70 percent of cops are former high school kids who were picked on

or the ignorant bullies themselves. 10 percent are just decent human beings and the other 20 are former military who are highly trained and highly compassionate. Men and
women who know what works and how to treat people, men and women who are not afraid to go up and talk to a person of interest rather than use BS heavy handed tactics like most cowards do.

What really burns me is these so called Protesters who are destroying property all across our nation, causing even more deaths. These are paid groups doing this and the scumbag doing the paying is George Soros. Trump needs to have JSOC hunt him down, have his crimes against the US and Humanity read and then hang him from one of those nice trees on the White House lawn., on TV live for the whole world to see.

This is not about race, this just shows the mentality of so many in this country. The murdering cop actually worked with him at a club while they were both bouncers previously. The club employees had stated the cop was always taking things too far and he obviously had a beef with the guy because everything was OK till the cop is seen pinning him down.

If you want to see another mans prospective listen to Mike Glover. Former Delta force Squad Sergent and CIA agent who now trains police units all over our nation.

As a Southern White American, I am like most Americans who are completely pissed off at our police tactics anymore. Killing for no good reason or simply kicking in the

wrong door completely and blasting away at anyone who dares defend themselves in their own home. 70 percent of cops are former high school kids who were picked on

or the ignorant bullies themselves. 10 percent are just decent human beings and the other 20 are former military who are highly trained and highly compassionate. Men and
women who know what works and how to treat people, men and women who are not afraid to go up and talk to a person of interest rather than use BS heavy handed tactics like most cowards do.

What really burns me is these so called Protesters who are destroying property all across our nation, causing even more deaths. These are paid groups doing this and the scumbag doing the paying is George Soros. Trump needs to have JSOC hunt him down, have his crimes against the US and Humanity read and then hang him from one of those nice trees on the White House lawn., on TV live for the whole world to see.

This is not about race, this just shows the mentality of so many in this country. The murdering cop actually worked with him at a club while they were both bouncers previously. The club employees had stated the cop was always taking things too far and he obviously had a beef with the guy because everything was OK till the cop is seen pinning him down.

If you want to see another mans prospective listen to Mike Glover. Former Delta force Squad Sergent and CIA agent who now trains police units all over our nation.

I agree with your sentiment, but I disagree with your percentages.

As I've stated before- something feels different about it this time. After living in different countries in Latin America for a while, I've gotten used to protests and civil unrest. To see these widespread, sustained riots throughout the United States for days on end is disturbing, to say the least. It feels like the fabric of society is being pulled apart, and the people have nothing to lose. This is how civil wars start.

I have a feeling that these riots must be at least gravely amplified by the economic devastation wrought by the pandemic and throne under the rug by fed money printing and irrational market optimism.

As I've stated before- something feels different about it this time. After living in different countries in Latin America for a while, I've gotten used to protests and civil unrest. To see these widespread, sustained riots throughout the United States for days on end is disturbing, to say the least. It feels like the fabric of society is being pulled apart, and the people have nothing to lose. This is how civil wars start.

I agree something is different. I remember years ago George Soros said in a speech “if they don’t start the fighting then we will” well I’m afraid that is what we might be seeing attempted. We have had riots before but we have never had the combo we have now: pandemic, massive unemployment, worldwide lockdowns and isolation of citizens, massive hatred of the duly elected president, massive hatred of everything America has stood for, and now all this race crap turning into riots. I have been concerned that with all the tension if riots started over food shortages or unemployment or the like that they would quickly get to the point that they cannot be stopped and we end up with a complete collapse of society. Now with the race part added and the riots being deliberately fueled I’m concerned that we are in for a massive disaster if something doesn’t change very soon

Well there is this possibility. “Most” of these riots are taking place in democrat cities and state, not all but certainly a preponderance.

It is possible that this correlation will further enlighten voters to what the choices are and encourage them to make better choices in nov in their local and state.

It’s always been assumed and mostly true that getting protest and riots going mobilizes more liberal voters.
Much of the pattern right now is almost a carbon copy of 68-72. From the racial animus, income disparities and corrupt president needing impeached.
Then it had the effect of giving conservatives pause and questioning themselves and they stayed away from the polls.
That’s not true today.
Except for a few spotted rhinos constantly tinkling in the dirt conservatives are dug in and pissed. The riots and violent protest when the justice system IS infact bring this officer to trial only affirms conservatives belief that it’s never about justice to liberal leadership and pundents . It’s only and always about power, profit and of course “get me some”

May 31, 2020 - White supremacists, Soros, 'Russians,' and antifa blamed for US protests (Jpost) https://www.jpost.com/international...ians-and-antifa-blamed-for-us-protests-629822

May 30, 2020 - Ex-NYPD lieutenant warns about 'paid agitators' during George Floyd riots (FOX) https://www.foxnews.com/media/darrin-porcher-paid-agitators-george-floyd-riots

May 30, 2020 -George Floyd protests: Extremists causing riots, Minn. officials (USA Today)https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...olent-outside-agitators-minnesota/5291658002/

I think its either the Russians,White Supremacist, or some Black Power group. Russian agitators top my list.

I think its either the Russians,White Supremacist, or some Black Power group. Russian agitators top my list.

They may be in there. But the bottom line is that these are evil people being evil. Floyd's death was just an excuse.

The FexEx guy who was dragged from his truck. (https://www.kmov.com/news/george-fl...cle_f8a89482-a259-11ea-84b8-a374c58a7d47.html) What did he do? Or the cop who had his throat slashed. (https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...1-stabbed-in-neck-amid-jacksonville-protests/) Did he step on someone's neck?

The US will never get rid of racism until all racism is called evil, not just select racism. And evil is evil no matter how you try to spin it.

You have a unified front of academics journalist actors pundents and politicians
Purposely inflaming these riots.
Yet the go to is white supremacy and Russia,
The real enemy isn’t across the ocean or hiding out in the woods of Georgia.
Everything about this is just a campaign tactic.
Look at the players.
This is what was to come after the pandemic.
Next will be military incident in western pacific.

Anyone have info on the DC Blackout? Signals jammed, explosions heard around New England, and tweets being deleted. No one in Washington, D.C. has been heard of for a while, and the White House has went dark.

Anyone have info on the DC Blackout? Signals jammed, explosions heard around New England, and tweets being deleted. No one in Washington, D.C. has been heard of for a while, and the White House has went dark.
It is customary in our forums to post links that back up statements being made. Please remember that for future posts.

#Trump - “I am mobilizing all available federal resources, civilian and military.... “We will end it now.”

Meanwhile in Germany:

Black Guys provocates police officers with wrong crimes. They call it then and above 100 peopels call them racist and shout out that this be like in the USA.

Guess these tensions will rise a little more but i guess the worse point is , that it feels like a war against antifa and faschists.

If they pick up their weapons on both sides ... Hell , get me out of 2020.

So the question is is it now time to involve Federal agencies even more.

I saw a twitter post of this person losing their mind over ANTIFA being classified as a domestic terrorist group.

The article references federal charges against this young man. If it’s aggressively pursued a criminal investigation into ANTIFA and their financing could be interesting.