• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Climate Change Discussion

Just because it was carried out wrongly and for the wrong reasons (climate change) doesn't mean we should not do it. Just do it right...........๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ
Sure letโ€™s go there but letโ€™s try not to bankrupt middle america and Europe on the way.
The rich could give shit about gas prices.
The obamas itโ€™s reported have a 1200 gallon LP tank for their Nantucket home. And they all ride around in chauffeured suvs and wave at the little people telling them what they must do and do with out.
Or worse yet- maybe we should all start eating bug burgers rather than grain fed angus beef. It fricken ridiculous here instinct their instilling in the younger generation.
โ€œI do t know I frankly like the idea of driving behavior modules on my car to report if on me if Iโ€™m speeding or taking turns recklessly or did one to many rabbit starts last month.

Ahhhhhhh utopia it hell painted in solid pastels and genital breezes of oxygen deprived air.

Give it a rest man
I'll "give it a rest" when I see the elites give up their private jets, high end SUV chauffeur driven caravans and numerous multi million dollar mansions. How about when all the militaries of the world stand down because we're all going to die from climate change if they don't, or maybe discontinuing all rocket launches because they are major polluters of the upper atmosphere. Until I start seeing these things all I see is the few trying to control the many for the benefit of the few.

Recent poll shows a major shift in opinion on nuclear energy from the left and right in America mostly because it's cheap, efficient, stable source, and doesn't need much to run unlike coal or other power plants, and clean.

If you follow nuclear energy in America like me you will find many new power companies planning new nuclear power facilities in America.

The two nuclear power plants being built right now in Georgia are fantastic, will stabilize/cut customer energy bills, and make the region/environment more healthy.

It's happening. I can pull at least 10 YouTube videos of respectable science channels that are overwhelmingly for and teaching why it's the way forward. Nuclear Power is making a comeback!
Very interesting thread.

I'll "give it a rest" when I see the elites give up their private jets, high end SUV chauffeur driven caravans and numerous multi million dollar mansions. How about when all the militaries of the world stand down because we're all going to die from climate change if they don't, or maybe discontinuing all rocket launches because they are major polluters of the upper atmosphere. Until I start seeing these things all I see is the few trying to control the many for the benefit of the few.
Brother

Youโ€™re literally right

But they wonโ€™t give up these things because they like it too much

When has the elite given a shit about anyone?
thing is I just donโ€™t understand your point why would they try and convince everyone that climate change is realโ€ฆso they can carry on as normal

This video and the one above is a little dated. I know, so you don't have to point that out. Maybe there is enough data by now to concussively say that man made warming is indeed a fact. I don't know. I just like to look at both sides and not just take the medias and bought and paid for experts word for it. Follow the money.

I am in favor of all systems that will reduce pollution in the earths environment. I am old enough to remember the smog over our cities and the Indian crying over the pollution in our rivers. Anyone remember that commercial on TV? It was very powerful.
You can mock me and give me down thumbs and angry faces all you want but I will continue to be skeptical.

We can discuss this for many years to come but the heat will most likely get worse.

This video and the one above is a little dated. I know, so you don't have to point that out. Maybe there is enough data by now to concussively say that man made warming is indeed a fact. I don't know. I just like to look at both sides and not just take the medias and bought and paid for experts word for it. Follow the money.

I am in favor of all systems that will reduce pollution in the earths environment. I am old enough to remember the smog over our cities and the Indian crying over the pollution in our rivers. Anyone remember that commercial on TV? It was very powerful.
You can mock me and give me down thumbs and angry faces all you want but I will continue to be skeptical.
I would like to point out his degree is in journalism, not climate science.

Extremely good documentary. I recommend it, please keep an open mind.
Even if you don't believe in climate change this documentary is mainly focused on Exxon's (and later ExxonMobil's) response to it.
Says only in the UK.

Maybe this should be in the hypocrisy thread.
Why bother posting here if you don't believe in it and your only contributions to this discussion are to poke/make fun of climate change?

News flash climate change is real and is proven that earth's climate changes with or without humans. We are going through a climate shift which as a fact happens naturally.

Why bother posting here if you don't believe in it and your only contributions to this discussion are to poke/make fun of climate change?

News flash climate change is real and is proven that earth's climate changes with or without humans. We are going through a climate shift which as a fact happens naturally.
The answer to this is not cutting greenhouse gases. Though they do have negative health consequences.

The REAL answer to this problem is preparing and re-building our infustruce to help better mitigate damage from a naturally changing environment.

Because I would not like my children and grandchildren to live in a third world nation.