• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Climate Change Discussion

Why bother posting here if you don't believe in it and your only contributions to this discussion are to poke/make fun of climate change?

News flash climate change is real and is proven that earth's climate changes with or without humans. We are going through a climate shift which as a fact happens naturally.
This is a proven link between CO2 & Methane concentrations in the atmosphere and increasing global temperatures.
Burning fossil fuels releases CO2.
Natural gas is primarily methane (CH4) , and when it leaks (which about 4-5% of it does) methane causes much worse warming than CO2. By some scientists estimations, natural gas has just as bad of an effect as coal on increasing global temperatures.
The IPCC clearly states that climate change is human caused. (source: https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg3/downloads/report/IPCC_AR6_WGIII_SPM.pdf ) The IPCC is a highly respected international body of the leading climate scientists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergovernmental_Panel_on_Climate_Change
Human-induced climate change is a consequence of more than a century of net GHG emissions from unsustainable energy
use, land-use and land use change, lifestyle and patterns of consumption and production. Without urgent, effective and
equitable mitigation actions, climate change increasingly threatens the health and livelihoods of people around the globe,
ecosystem health and biodiversity. There are both synergies and trade-offs between climate action and the pursuit of other
SDGs. Accelerated and equitable climate action in mitigating, and adapting to, climate change impacts is critical to sustainable
development. (high confidence)

Well I don't mind if the polar ice caps melt and raise the ocean. Means I will have ocean views without having to move. ;):ROFLMAO:

Well I don't mind if the polar ice caps melt and raise the ocean. Means I will have ocean views without having to move. ;):ROFLMAO:
You know climate change or not the oceans will rise and they will fall. We can only hope we’re around long enough to have to deal with it.

No as much as you would like to be right it is simply called a climate and it is always changing and will continue to keep changing
"Things happen. Hell knows why."
- sums up my science class curriculum (yeah, I did go to an American school as a kid. Didn't learn much, 'cause back home I had already been taught in 6th grade the stuff that they were now teaching us in 8th grade - but boy if these weren't fun times... 😁)

"We applaud President Biden’s decision to rejoin the Paris Agreement, a framework ExxonMobil has supported since its inception. We believe CCS should be a key part of the U.S. strategy for meeting its Paris goals and included as part of the administration’s upcoming Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) submission. After all, the International Energy Agency has said, “reaching net-zero [emissions] will be virtually impossible” without CCS. In the weeks, months and years to come, ExxonMobil will continue to engage with the industry, government, academic and community leaders who will be needed to make this concept a reality. I look forward to collaborating with them and helping reduce global CO2 emissions."

Freedom of innovation is the answer to "man made climate change," not excusive regulation and roadblocks on big oil through central planning, big government bureaucrats. IMO

Last edited:
I have several carbon capture devices in my yard and I intend to install more. Deforestation has been an environmental issue so surely we could encourage some reversal of this as trees are a carbon sink with multiple benefits. Could we all start planting more selected trees to aid in carbon soak up.

I'm done debating this, I'm not changing your mind;
for people that are seeing this and want to believe it;

https://pro-lies.org/the-heritage-foundation/ (hey! this has sources at the bottom!

AEI; https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-enterprise-institute/
Heres a sourced article factchecking the original letter that actually was only signed by 10 climate scientists, not 500, just 500 total signatures.

All the sources listed on this site are of equally questionable sources(ONE IS A WORDPRESS SITE!)

I am happy to consider your veiw if you point me to actual resource papers or reputable sources, or even sources with sources to begin with.
You said “I'm done debating this” Then posted 240 words of debate. 🤣

(I counted once so there is a margin of error. Hyphenated words counted a two, compounds even in web addresses counted as one)

heheh, I coundnt resist that slow-pitch…

You said “I'm done debating this” Then posted 240 words of debate. 🤣

(I counted once so there is a margin of error. Hyphenated words counted a two, compounds even in web addresses counted as one)

heheh, I coundnt resist that slow-pitch…
💁‍♀️
Stopped replying a long time ago. This thread is not worth replying to. Nobody here will change their mind and its just making everyone think each other are dumb (just fyi, pretty much everyone here is pretty intelligent, even if misguided)

💁‍♀️
Stopped replying a long time ago. This thread is not worth replying to. Nobody here will change their mind and its just making everyone think each other are dumb (just fyi, pretty much everyone here is pretty intelligent, even if misguided)
Or you could just be tongue in cheek like I have been with my carbon capture devices:ROFLMAO:
:sneaky:

Or you could just be tongue in cheek like I have been with my carbon capture devices:ROFLMAO:
:sneaky:
No point IMO. Sarcasm on the internet often leads to misinterpretations and feelings of alienation/being insulted.