Coded MSG NK - Radio

usafshortwave

I'd assume they are probably getting ready for another launch... unconfirmed (might be confirmed by now, but I don't have access to Twitter, Facebook etc. at the moment) reports that NK is moving a missile(s) west. If I remember correctly they usually do these coded messages before a launch/test or am I thinking of something else?

Drumboy44

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
Brad Dormer said:
I'd assume they are probably getting ready for another launch... unconfirmed (might be confirmed by now, but I don't have access to Twitter, Facebook etc. at the moment) reports that NK is moving a missile(s) west. If I remember correctly they usually do these coded messages before a launch/test or am I thinking of something else?

Sometimes they are sent out before an insident. But it's not really known yet why or what these coded messages for. Only speculation.

Vortex

I'd assume that coded messages are either for preperations and/or nuclear stuff like messages from testsites. If I remember correctly there were 2 coded msgs before the last nucleartest and one after, as the incident with the collapse of the testarea happened. Now we had another two and some missile movement (?). As i said i just taking guesses.