Collapse of Afghanistan (Discussion)

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Think it's time to start a new thread to make a important distinction that there is no more war.

Its official, the government has collapsed with little to no fighting & no intention of any military intervention.

The conversation has changed and so should the Thread.

(DISCUSSION ONLY)

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
This really all just grinds my gears. Even against my doctors wishes I have had a couple of drinks to get this awful gutt feeling of embarrassment out of my head.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
I do have to say I am not shocked this happened. HOWEVER I am caught off guard how quickly this all went down. You know?

rudemarine

Power Poster
They had to have had Pakistani military help. ISI guidance and bribes anyway as far as what to hit where for it to fall so fast. Now we have the foolish UK leader saying we need to negotiate with the Teliban and make sure it doesn't become a haven for terrorists 🤣 😆🤣.

The ignorance of these western leaders astonishes me. After fighting them for 20 years and you think they are going to give two craps what you want?

All the US and allies sacrificed so many brave men and women for nothing. Sure we kicked some ass and eliminated AQ but what we might get in return could be a lot worse.

Obreid

Power Poster
We used the Paks to support the Mujahideen against Russia, then to launch the invasion, then the Paks spent spent the next 20 years supporting the Taliban against us.
The Paks benefit from this ongoing terrorism threat.
While we funded their military the whole time.

D

DucknCover

As long one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.
Everything is fine.

rudemarine

Power Poster
Reminds me of World War Z
Kind of applicable when you consider the Taliban is swarming the country.
We had everything in place to make sure this didn't happen. Fighters and bombers. The stand down orders had to come from the White House.... The Republicans in the Congress need to fry him for this and let the rest look like fool's for defending this administration.

You know the people who fell from the Cargo planes had to be people that helped our troops a lot. They didn't deserve this and neither did all our men and women who died for nothing. 20 years and thousands of lives just to make the terrorists stronger.

I don't know how anyone can support this clown. A smart President would have waited for them to get over the mountains and out in the open, then have our Airforce and Navy shred them. See a convoy destroy it. Just circle the big cities with drones and wait.

rudemarine

Power Poster
As I have said all the administrations since W. Bush have failed here in some form or another.
You can't really say Trump was at fault for anything. He got handed a shat sandwich and yeah he wanted to pull out as well but he didn't. He would have seen the opportunity to stop the Tali's in their tracks or end them for good.

yewstmlab

You can't really say Trump was at fault for anything. He got handed a shat sandwich and yeah he wanted to pull out as well but he didn't. He would have seen the opportunity to stop the Tali's in their tracks or end them for good.
The original May 31 withdrawal was Trump's idea. Biden pushed it back so we would have time to do it properly. The reason the country fell so fast was not western leaders fault but the Afgan military. They were either incompetent or capitulated. I'm honestly not surprised how many stories have we heard about Afghan personal turning their gun on our troops.

lcurle

The Taliban have had 20 years to watch us, learn from us and use our tactics to their advantage. The fact that it only took 30 days was surprising knowing the ANA was inept from conscription. Those who were "Voluntold" to join up always had known this day was coming. Considering they greeting the Taliban like old friends, we were played.

With that said, let's hope that the Taliban regime has also been watching how successful everything was with that style of government in place. Will they revert back to their Islamic rule? Who knows. Once US forces are completely boots off the ground in Afghanistan and out of camera view it is hearsay on what will take place. They are doomed to be in the stone age with modern weapons then have at it.

rudemarine

Power Poster
The Taliban have had 20 years to watch us, learn from us and use our tactics to their advantage. The fact that it only took 30 days was surprising knowing the ANA was inept from conscription. Those who were "Voluntold" to join up always had known this day was coming. Considering they greeting the Taliban like old friends, we were played.

With that said, let's hope that the Taliban regime has also been watching how successful everything was with that style of government in place. Will they revert back to their Islamic rule? Who knows. Once US forces are completely boots off the ground in Afghanistan and out of camera view it is hearsay on what will take place. They are doomed to be in the stone age with modern weapons then have at it.
The US only left them with Soviet heavy guns that most had no clue how to use. We gave them and our own troops zero air support which needs to be brought up in Congress big-time. You know our own people on the ground had to be screaming and begging for it. Benghazi ring a bell?

The ranking ANA generals were paid off or loyal to the ISI Taliban from the start. Our leaders would not let our troops arrest them when they caught them doing things only a sick terrorists would do.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Now seeing reports of gunfire at #Kabul International Airport.... this would explain the planes being turned back #Afghanistan

Afghanistan’s Vice President Saleh's forces recaptured the Charikar district of Parwan province north of Kabul from the Taliban,
a military source in the Afghan capital told RIA Novosti. "The Fights are now in the Panjsher area," Charikar is just north of Kabul

Source: Afghan Vice President's forces are fighting the Taliban in Panjsher (translated)

MOSCOW, 17 Aug - RIA Novosti. Vice President Amrullah Saleh's forces have recaptured from the Taliban the district of Charikar in Parwan province north of Kabul, a military source in the Afghan capital told RIA Novosti.

"Fighting is now going on in the Panjsher region," the source said.
Ten thousand troops of the Afghan army under the leadership of General Abdul-Rashid Dustum are now being sent to the region.

A strategically important road through the Salang Tunnel runs through Charikar, linking Kabul with Mazar-e-Sharif, the largest city in northern Afghanistan.

Earlier, Saleh announced that, unlike fleeing President Ashraf Ghani, he remained in the country and, according to the constitution, is the interim head of state.

I have no hope for anything the Afgan militarily can muster. It's over. They have no real leadership and no one backing them up anymore. Most countries are already engaging in talks with Taliban as a nation. Checkmate. :(