• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Coming gas shortage

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
Lots of people reporting gas shortages due to cyberattack on East Coast. Don't know how long this will last. Probably not long.

But maybe fill up those spare gas cans?

Lots of people reporting gas shortages due to cyberattack on East Coast. Don't know how long this will last. Probably not long.

Done and went a few steps further. I have decided to make my vacation permanent in Florida so keeping a eye on local and southern news here. Already have seen a few gas stations out of gas and lines at pumps in the Largo/St. Petersberg/Tampa area. NOT wide spread but have noticed.

Done and went a few steps further. I have decided to make my vacation permanent in Florida so keeping a eye on local and southern news here. Already have seen a few gas stations out of gas and lines at pumps in the Largo/St. Petersberg/Tampa area. NOT wide spread but have noticed.
Its weird not a lot of people know about it and isn't getting much coverage. I feel like if the media was covering this more, and more people know of what was happening the shortage would be much much more wide spread.

Its weird not a lot of people know about it and isn't getting much coverage. I feel like if the media was covering this more, and more people know of what was happening the shortage would be much much more wide spread.
Years ago, I wouldn't be thinking this. But these days, I wonder how much politics affects what is reported in the media.

Would there be different coverage if Trump was in office? idk

Years ago, I wouldn't be thinking this. But these days, I wonder how much politics affects what is reported in the media.

Would there be different coverage if Trump was in office? idk
I understand now that the Governor of Michigan is ordering the shutdown of a pipeline for environmental reasons. Not sure if it will happen or how much it will affect us overall. I will try to provide a link to the AP article.

Fuel outages by State, according to GasBuddy.com

UPDATE: Wednesday, May 12 at 2:48 p.m. ET​

GA โ€“ 43%
AL โ€“ 7%
TN โ€“ 16%
SC โ€“ 43%
NC โ€“ 65%
FL โ€“ 11%
VA โ€“ 44%
MD โ€“ 11%
MS โ€“ 5%
WV โ€“ 4%
KY โ€“ 2%
DC โ€“ 10%

Fuel outages by State, according to GasBuddy.com

UPDATE: Wednesday, May 12 at 2:48 p.m. ET​

GA โ€“ 43%
AL โ€“ 7%
TN โ€“ 16%
SC โ€“ 43%
NC โ€“ 65%
FL โ€“ 11%
VA โ€“ 44%
MD โ€“ 11%
MS โ€“ 5%
WV โ€“ 4%
KY โ€“ 2%
DC โ€“ 10%

I will see if I have the time, but have many photos from social media around the area and photos I took myself. Most gas stations in the Tampa Bay Area which include Clearwater, Largo, St. Petersberg, Indian Rocks, and many more areas and counties are running out of regular fuel again in the Tampa Bay Area.... Most gas stations I passed today in the Tampa Bay area are ONLY selling mid grade/premium or just premium gas.... Or not selling gas at all.....

I am nervous that certain areas in the South may see a Emergency Vehicle fuel ups only laws put into effect.... I can't give a source on that and probably can't until it happens. THIS ALL depends how fast they can get the pipe line back up. If the pipe line douse not go back and operational soon you could see some drastic measures taken in certain areas on the country like only Emergency Vehicle fueling only at pumps...

If someone in the Kremlin gave the green light .. you should be worried they can do worse, I believe the US is in grave danger. Of course, if the Russian government is really responsible!

If the pipe line douse not go back and operational soon you could see some drastic measures taken in certain areas on the country like only Emergency Vehicle fueling only at pumps...
There was already a huge shortage of fuel truck drivers from the Pandemic. Now that most states can only see fuel though truck drivers there is a huge huge huge problem....................

Last edited:
Pipeline has restarted. Armageddon has been postponed.
I have been in a period of transition in life so not as connected as I should be, surprised it was reported here before I read it. Hoping I can work a agreement with my retirement terms and I can begin living a life where I want to here in the sunny state. If you haven't noticed I have been posting way more than I do which is due to my transition in life to retirement.

Who do you think is responsible for this cyberattack? Russia, China, or ransom seekers?
Who are we actually provoking more right now? Russia or China.
Or maybe I should ask whoโ€™s more provoked?
I would say China
Cyber attacks can be traced but tracing who gave the go ahead if one indeed was given is much harder.

You all see the video of a woman getting extra gas go take home with her.
she was using a clothing shopping bag.
looked like she had about three gallons of gas in it and was trying to tie a knot in it so it didnโ€™t leak on her for the ride home.

You all see the video of a woman getting extra gas go take home with her.
she was using a clothing shopping bag.
looked like she had about three gallons of gas in it and was trying to tie a knot in it so it didnโ€™t leak on her for the ride home.
Thus why we all may not survive

I always keep 60 gallons in reserve for emergencies such as this. More during winter months when I'm not using my mower every week.